Poll: Dragon Age 2 DLC?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
You should save your money and not buy any DLC for Dragon Age 2, because DA: 2 DLC is more of that game, and that is always a bad thing.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Well I haven't played any other DA2 DLC apart from Exiled Prince, and how much is that?

*checks*

560 points, hmm, thats an okay price, but he doesn't really have much going for him, id say avoid that DLC anyway.

Blade_125

Sep 1, 2011
Exiled prince is a waste of money. I would only get it if it was a couple bucks.

Legacy is a good story, and some interesting back story on the world overall.

Mark of the assassin is a better story and it is fun being able to play a new character, but it is only for that story.

Black emporium isn't bad, but hardly essential. There are some pretty funny lines in it though.

Damn I suddenly want to play DA2 again, but I still have 4 games I got on the steam sale I haven't even played and I am into guild wars 2. Stupid real life getting in the way.

Drago-Morph

Mar 28, 2010
If you're only getting one, Legacy. Mark of the Assassin is really fun and more lighthearted, but Legacy really lets you explore Hawke's past and allows you to figure out how she evolved from where she came from to who she is now. The others just don't have enough content if they're competing with Legacy and MotA.

Honestly, though? Get them all. DA2 is a freaking awesome game (my favorite, bar none) and any extra content is worth every penny. Maybe not the item packs as much, but anything that adds to story is most definitely money well spent.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I've gotten every DLC besides Mark of the Assassin and while Sebastian is a decent character and even has an effect on the story to a certain degree, your experience isn't crippled by his absence.

Legacy is probably the best out of the bunch, an intriguing tale, an interesting villain, more focus on the Grey Wardens and the best boss fight in the game.
The combat is also a nice return to form as enemies don't spawn right the hell out of nowhere, and you're actually able and even encouraged to use more advanced tactics and strategy.

So, if you're only getting one, pick Legacy.

Terrible Opinions

Sep 11, 2011
Gone Rampant said:
Hang on, people don't like Mark Of The Assassin? Why?
Tallis. She went from irritating to awful over the course of a few hours.
Souplex said:
You should save your money and not buy any DLC for Dragon Age 2, because DA: 2 DLC is more of that game, and that is always a bad thing.
Bam!

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
Drago-Morph said:
If you're only getting one, Legacy. Mark of the Assassin is really fun and more lighthearted, but Legacy really lets you explore Hawke's past and allows you to figure out how she evolved from where she came from to who she is now. The others just don't have enough content if they're competing with Legacy and MotA.

Honestly, though? Get them all. DA2 is a freaking awesome game (my favorite, bar none) and any extra content is worth every penny. Maybe not the item packs as much, but anything that adds to story is most definitely money well spent.
It's not that- I'm getting all of the DLC, but I can only get two packs now.

A lot of people are telling me Legacy, so... I don't know yet. But I'll have downloaded it by Midnight on Saturday.

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
RatRace123 said:
I've gotten every DLC besides Mark of the Assassin and while Sebastian is a decent character and even has an effect on the story to a certain degree, your experience isn't crippled by his absence.

Legacy is probably the best out of the bunch, an intriguing tale, an interesting villain, more focus on the Grey Wardens and the best boss fight in the game.
The combat is also a nice return to form as enemies don't spawn right the hell out of nowhere, and you're actually able and even encouraged to use more advanced tactics and strategy.

So, if you're only getting one, pick Legacy.
As I said, I'm getting two, and I'm getting everything else bar Item-Packs when I get more Microsoft Points.

I'm gearing towards Exiled and Legacy now, and Black Emporium and Mark Of The Assassin next time I get DLC... Tough choice.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I think mine came with the prince and the emporium and I can hardly remember them, but do recall having the prince was good since there was no other character to fill the traditional archer role in the game. although if I get back into it I'd probably be interested in trying out the DLC with Felicia Day

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
Alright, so I just hit the download buttons for Legacy and Exiled Prince. I'll be getting Mark Of The Assassin and Black Emporium next time I get points. Thanks to everyone who voted (And to over 50% of you for voting "None"), and commented on the forum.

OpticalJunction

Jul 1, 2011
Drago-Morph said:

agreed, legacy is the best. and da2 is my favorite game too these days, which is surprising since I didn't much like it at first. it's one of those strange games that gets better with repeated playthroughs.