Poll: Dragon Age 2 was it that bad?

ScreamSlayer

Mar 7, 2010
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
ScreamSlayer said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Catie Caraco said:
Radeonx said:
No. A lot of people stupidly assumed it would be in the same vain as Dragon Age: Origins, and were disappointed.
Yes, there were many flaws, but it wasn't as terrible as everyone said it was.
Why would it NOT be in the same VEIN as Origins? They share a title, for Christ's sake! I can understand if people were complaining that Assassin's Creed wasn't in the same vein as Grand Theft Auto, but COME ON. It was supposed to be a sequel, hence the "2" in the name. And the differences between Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 are NOWHERE near as jarring. This is the stupidest argument I've ever heard, and I pray it was sarcasm I missed.
Just because it's the same series doesn't mean it has to be the exact same game with each new instalment, like Call of Duty is. It's a good thing to change it up every now and again otherwise the series will get stale.

The problem is, people will complain about how it's the same game every sequel and then the dev will try something new and then everyone will ***** about how it's changed.
LOL , you think COD " changes it up"
Learn to read posts properly.
Oh, i see, i made a mistake, okay, sorry for my sloppy reading, anyways , the problem I and many people have is when the changes suck ass

DA2 looked boring , played boring and I and many others just didn't find it enjoyable
It's the most disappointed I've ever been with bioware, and by the time i was halfway through the game, i wold spend large amounts of time
looking at the ceiling, and finding it more interesting.... it got that bad.

xXCrocmonXx

Apr 16, 2009
The game was great.

Honestly it was a good game. I played it through, and got the "This is still Thedas" feel. Plus, unlike DA:O, I felt like my character was actually pertinent and did more than just get pushed through motions to save a world that ultimately didn't give a damn. Ferelden was a great and happening world, don't get me wrong, but in DAO I felt like the game could just kill me off at any point and then nothing would change.

Especially with Leiliana. Oh my God did I hate the stupid 'hardening' crap they did with the characters. You had to pick uber-specific lines, and if you actually played as yourself like they wanted you to and didn't break the immersion by going "Is telling Alistair it's okay going to make him screw something up later?" you couldn't get anywhere near that.

And no, I don't like dialogue 'trees.' They're trite and useless diagrams that just add fluff to the game. You only see one pathway per playthrough, and once the first person to do it figures out the ideal pathway nobody ever picks anything different. If you're going to make a joke of a system, make a wheel. DA2 caught onto that really quickly.

That and I actually gave a damn about my companions in DA2, unlike DAO where the only ones I cared about were the women because I knew sleeping with them would get me an achievement. (Was a male character)

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Bah, the gaming community always has to polarize AAA games. Every AAA game either:

"Sucks major ass and the devs deserve to go out of business."
OR
"Is a shining staple of what every game should be like and every other developer should be taking notes."

That is one reason I like the OP's poll. I believe it is the first poll on DA2 I have seen that didn't have such extreme options to vote. You either enjoyed it, or you didn't - which does keep it in the grey area most things fall under. I enjoyed it. It isn't the greatest game ever, but it was good. Hell, there are even aspects about it I find great, and others I find bad. BUt as an overall experience, it is a good game.

ELD3RGoD

Apr 23, 2010
Where is the "It's average" choice? Personally, I got half-way and then got bored of the repetitiveness. Stopped playing, never completed it.