Poll: Dragon age 3 do you care about importing your old save?

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I'll probably keep one of my old saves until then, but I will also re-play the two prequels fairly soon. I'm looking forward to it big time. Hell, I even loved DA2.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
InkySpines said:
I really don't think it will matter.

A (non-DLC) questionnaire or tickboxes will be more than sufficient. I've played through DA:O several times with different outcomes, and went out of my way to not kill my party members in all of them. My head canon was fairly close to the human warrior generic import offered by DA2. I don't think there is really much difference between human warrior romancing Morrigan and city elf romancing Alistair then forcing him to do the deed with Morrigan. Bhelen vs. Harrowmont and Tuvok vs. Werewolves wasn't really distinctive enough for me to care about when playing another game, though I am glad the Ferelden Circle wasn't massacred.

As far as DA2, I look forward to not caring about whether Hawke molested Merrill or sport-f***ed Isabella. Were there any other real paths of divergence in DA2? Carver and Bethany I guess.

That said, prove me wrong Bioware. But not with some BS Galactic Readiness 'must play multiplayer' mechanic.

You know what sad is all I could think is

No one would have the balls to molest Merriell between her being Isabella Bff, Verric adopted little sister, And Carder Crush. Plus a fan favorite for how damn adorable she is.. yeah it' not go well for anyone who bad touched the cute little elfy.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
It really depends how important those saved games are.

I already have Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age II saved games ready for DAI so no worry for me. I have a canon character that I will be importing from.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
votemarvel said:
No you wont.

The problem is that there is no import feature for Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Bioware have created "The Keep", which is essentially a save generator where you can set the world state you will get in the third game.
Ah, I knew about the Keep when it was first announced, but I've been avoiding all info/screenshots/video of DA:I for ages (and will do so until it launches), so I didn't know that.

Well that's a bit annoying.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
I plan on it. Partly because Dragon Age: Origins (and all its associated content) was on sale recently and I didn't mind Dragon Age II as much as most people and partly because my game backlog has dried up a bit of late.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
danielcofour said:
Well, first off, you're wrong about Inquisition's story. It's not about battling demons and darkspawn(definitely not darkspawn, although you might kill a few). It's about someone, who supposedly was manipulating the events of the first two games, shattering the veil and letting demons in. And then again, the mage-templar war was the thing that started the events of DAI, and it is one key part of the new game. DAO and DA2 were largely unconnected, but supposedly DAI is the one to connect the series, so yeah, importing is definitely important.
Thats a s1k theory m8. But you will fight demons and darkspawn so I'm pretty sure you are wrong.
Chris Tian said:
verdant monkai said:
I'm totally with you on this one, your save from DA:O matterd exactly diddly squat so I dont expect that to be much different this time around. Especially since Bioware seems to get worse and worse at making sequels that fell conected to the previous games and series work as a series instead of just games that share a title a setting and a few names.
Only on this one? why not all of them oh dude this hurts. The connections are all cameo's and that just feels like they really shoehorned the characters in just so they could pretend your previous game mattered. I love Varric but I hope his dialogue isn't just one obnoxious reference to DA2.

Rabbitboy

Apr 11, 2014
Personaly I like al the little nods in DA2 to what you did in Origins, so im going to import my save(s) to the new one.
However I woudn't miss it if it was suddenly gone since all games in that series are supposed to be a seperate story. Unlike mass effect where every game was a chapter of a larger ongoing story.

Whitbane

Apathetic...
Mar 7, 2012
Have they even said if choices were going to carry over into DA:Inquisition? Honestly, they have a trend of just saying" fuck it" when it comes down to player choice actually having an impact in the long run. And considering the pungent turd was that Dragon Age 2, I'm going to be waiting well after launch until I even look at this game.

Choices don't really mean much if all they end up being in a three second cutscene cameo that plays out exactly the same way if you don't import your save file.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I actually made this decision just last night. :p

I decided to say "to hell with importing the save", but not because I'm not interested in doing so. Rather, I've got the first two games for my 360, but now I've got a shiny new PS4 sitting beneath my TV. As such the question became "Do you buy the watered-down version they'll be putting out for the 360 just so you can carry over your save files? Or do you go ahead and add a new game to your PS4 library which is still in its infancy?" In the end I decided I'm going to go ahead and get it for the PS4, thus completely removing any chance of carrying my saved data over.

Rariow

Nov 1, 2011
I'm hoping for some kind of epic conclusion in a further Dragon Age game where all of the protagonists team together in an all-stars battle to kick the arse of some ultimate bad guy, so I do kind of care. On the other hand, I know I shouldn't, since it's unlikely it'll happen and even if it does, it'll probably come across as cheesy and incredibly stupid.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
RJ 17 said:

I decided to say "to hell with importing the save", but not because I'm not interested in doing so. Rather, I've got the first two games for my 360, but now I've got a shiny new PS4 sitting beneath my TV. As such the question became "Do you buy the watered-down version they'll be putting out for the 360 just so you can carry over your save files? Or do you go ahead and add a new game to your PS4 library which is still in its infancy?" In the end I decided I'm going to go ahead and get it for the PS4, thus completely removing any chance of carrying my saved data over.
The save import feature was incredibly buggy, combined with platform switches brought on by a new generation it isn't worth bothering with, so they scrapped it. You wouldn't be able to import saves if you wanted to. There is a new system which will let you basically generate an import. You can perfectly recreate your old import world states for Inquisition.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
After DA2 I was thinking of skipping DA:I just because the second game put me off the series. From what I have heard about the plot of the third one I likely won't enjoy it so im probably just going to skip this game and get something else instead.

The plot is so disappointing to me though. I was actually interested in the Qunari and the mage/Templar conflict but clearly that wasn't enough. Instead someone shattered the veil and we have to fight all of the demons and the main character is the one character with special powers who can close the rifts or something.

It just sounded so incredibly boring to me compared to what actually interested me about the series, I also dislike the idea of travelling all around the world. I'd rather just stick to one highly fleshed out and detailed country like Ferelden or the free marches.

I might pick it up eventually but it will be long after it's release and even then im pretty sure i'll be put off by the 6 DLC packs that will have been released after the first few months that double the games price as well as the fact that if I want it on PC then I need to use Origin and will probably not be able to mod it.

I whine so much about the Dragon age series because I really enjoyed it and it's one of the IPs that I really wish wasn't owned by EA but by a decent company.

Chris Tian

May 5, 2012
verdant monkai said:
Only on this one? why not all of them oh dude this hurts. The connections are all cameo's and that just feels like they really shoehorned the characters in just so they could pretend your previous game mattered. I love Varric but I hope his dialogue isn't just one obnoxious reference to DA2.
I'm very sorry, your feelings are very important to me so I obviously never wantet to hurt you :p

Bioware just has to stop promising how descisions will matter and all that bull. I dont care if the games are only loosely connected and if choices I made won't carry over. Like I mentioned, that works fine with TES games. What annoys me is if they build up my expectations and then don't deliver.

Michael Law

Mar 16, 2012
I switched from Console to PC last year, so I can't transfer saves, but I am very attached to my characters from Origins and 2 (I though the strongest, arguably the only strong, part of DA:2 was the characters) so I will for sure be using the DA:Keep system to design my saves exactly how I want! Which will also be nice for making all kinds of different outcomes that will hopefully show up in Inquisition.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
There is a side of me that wants to import my old saves, so I can play my game. But if I really wanted to, I wouldn't be buying the game for PS4. Guess I'm making use of Keep.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
AntiChri5 said:
RJ 17 said:

The save import feature was incredibly buggy, combined with platform switches brought on by a new generation it isn't worth bothering with, so they scrapped it. You wouldn't be able to import saves if you wanted to. There is a new system which will let you basically generate an import. You can perfectly recreate your old import world states for Inquisition.
That's pretty much what I figured the case would turn out to be. More than likely they'll have a system like they did with ME2 and 3 in which you can go through and plug in all the details.

I take it this system has been confirmed for Inquisition since you sound pretty certain of it? I've been trying to pay attention to details of the game but apparently I've missed that one. :p

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
RJ 17 said:
That's pretty much what I figured the case would turn out to be. More than likely they'll have a system like they did with ME2 and 3 in which you can go through and plug in all the details.
Except the Keep sounds like an improvement for DA:I. The 'Genesis' thing in ME2 was atrocious, and the only way to truly build a file (with all the plot flags and misc details) was to use Gibbed.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Chris Tian said:
I'm very sorry, your feelings are very important to me so I obviously never wantet to hurt you :p

Bioware just has to stop promising how descisions will matter and all that bull. I dont care if the games are only loosely connected and if choices I made won't carry over. Like I mentioned, that works fine with TES games. What annoys me is if they build up my expectations and then don't deliver.
Yeah your right. I think every time I've seen a Bioware advert they talked about multiple choice/player choice a good 70% of the time. If theres anything I learnt from Mass Effect 3 is that my choices don't matter and all possible ending are pretty much the same.

PuppetMaster

Aug 28, 2009
DA2 hurt my feelings. I had three very distinct charactors in origin, the odd line from this or that npc acknowledging past actions of various saves did little to help the story in DA2.

Nobody cared that I was a mage, freely using blood magic in their precious city among several witnesses

There was no way to stop/placate/rat out/preemptively murder gay mage

"picking a side" was an illusion, as you fight both faction bosses anyway

Rainbow coalition of races and backgrounds diminished to "dude named Hawke"

I see a french woman I vividly remember butchering on an altar.

I gave it back to my friend, chastised him for liking it, and ordered him to pick up Skyrim. I've lost my faith in EA since they began psychological warfare in Old Republic, everything they make will be cross examined under a microscope until deemed worthy