Poll: Drunk posting

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I gave up drinking for 2014. It is 2015 and I just wrapped a student led shoot for my term. Obviously they had a lot of beer available for the wrap party and I felt I could participate.

So!

The poll is simple.

Have you ever drunk posted and why (the occasion) or why do you avoid drunk posting?

Honestly, I think it isn't a crime if you're able to abide by the rules and you can keep to yourself respectable. This is a safe forum to express yourself for enjoying life provided you don't break US law.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
I don't drink. Barring that one glass of champagne on New Years.
(Or Cider, if put into an obligatory festive event.)

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I've done that so many times.

I'm not sure if it's obvious when I do.

It probably is in the posts where I'm like 'I'm super drunk right now.'

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
I have, but unlike what the poll insinuates, I actually am ashamed. My spelling becomes atrocious and the content is lame when I'm drunk. I'm trying to muster up the self-control to just stay off of forums and social media when I'm drinking.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I often post drunk...that sounds like I'm a raging alcoholic...I should clarify, mostly at the weekends when I am drunk. I have often woken up and gone, "I remember posting stuff last night. Oh God, what did I type?" Then I come here and look and go "Oh, that wasn't too bad, no one upset, no warnings. Got away with it this time." Every now and then I even have someone agreeing with me.

So I've come to the conclusion I am really good at drunk posting and none of you can tell. However, if you see I've posted in several threads with stupid comments, then there is a good chance I was drunk.

Doctor Teatime

Dec 2, 2013
I drunk post occasionally, not on this forum though, but more than that I like drunk chatting.
It's less permanent and showcases your awful spelling better.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I've never been drunk. I've never even drunk liquor. Not once. But I have drunk-posted. Pretty sure I deserve a medal or something.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
I've done it a few times. Mostly if I'm still awake after a night out.

My proudest drunken activity however is drunk programming. I completed far too much of my work in second year after evenings of wine or beer.

Baffle said:
Almost every post is a drunk post. Unless it's first thing in the morning, then it's a hangover post.
Does it become a hair of the dog post shortly after the morning?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Naturally. If you are drunk and you are signed in, drunk post is formed.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Thanks to me not being a big drinker and having a alcohol tolerance taken to 11 it has never happened to me but if it did I guess it would depend if it is good or bad and if I get a warning from it.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I've never been drunk, buzzed? Yeah but I just never got proper drunk.

I've posted buzzed and I guess it was a bit being more open with people on FB or the escapist. I take care of a family member, I try not to talk about it or if it's part of the topic I avoid detail. Because you know, it's depressing as hell. But in my buzzed state I said a bit more than I normally would and it apparently got people more aware of the situation in a good-kinda way, where they understood the situation better and further more were grateful to hear of it.

Now if we only got the attention of those reality people who redo houses, could use a walk in shower thing for said person as they're not able to get into the tub and that crap is expensive to have done.

Somehow I get the feeling I'm being dark in what should be a chipper topic.....................Oops!

Uh, yes I got massively shitfaced and while posting on facebook it got autocorrected to I love manly bears instead of many beers! Hilarious and dodges the previously typed stuff- and is in no way made up.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, as I don't drink.
Pictured below is what I do at parties instead of drinking.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
I don't drink either so I've never posted drunk though I'm sure I've posted stuff that makes it LOOK like I've been drunk - I'm just not very good at wording myself so I end up sounding like Buffy just posting stuff about the stuff with the things and the little words.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
No, I don't really drink. And when I do it's usually just one drink, and over an hour or so.

But you know, this thread reminded me of somebody. Hakkarin. What happened to him, I see he was banned, but what for?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I've posted drunk in the Brovenger's chat, and I think Shrekfan can back me up on that since he was the poor bastard that was talking to me while I was drunk. XD

Other than that, I don't do that in the forums since by that point I can't be bothered. Too drunk to care. :p
Lilani said:
No, I don't really drink. And when I do it's usually just one drink, and over an hour or so.

But you know, this thread reminded me of somebody. Hakkarin. What happened to him, I see he was banned, but what for?
The forum police arrested him for drinking while posting.

His punishment is that he can't look at cute animal pictures until he's clean.

Pretty harsh if you ask me.

[sub][sub]In all seriousness, I think he just lost his shit in R&P, but I'm not really sure. :/ [/sub][/sub]

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I never have. Usually when I'm drunk, I'm not near a computer. So y'all are avoiding my nonsense I could post