Poll: E3 2013: Prediction Time! (Official E3 2013 Thread)

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
With E3 under 2 months away, I believe it is time to make an Official E3 2013 Thread. This thread shall be used to make predictions about E3 before it happens on June 11-13, and then it shall be the thread to talk about E3 when it's happening.

So, what do you think is going to happen at E3 2013?

I think Sony and Microsoft will focus mostly on their new Consoles, the PS4 and the still unannounced Nextbox. Nintendo will focus on First Party games for the WiiU, and only barely talk about the 3DS. Activision/Blizzard will talk about Call of Duty, World of WarCraft, StarCraft II, and a few other games that aren't meant to be as big as those 3. EA will try to appeal to the Gamers again, especially since they've been voted Worst Company in America for 2 years in a row now.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I'm just hoping to see something about Telltale and The Walking Dead and if we're really lucky Persona 5. Though I imagine Sony and Microsoft will have a cock slapping contest.

Didn't SquareEnix say they were saving something for E3 at that Sony conference?

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
Some company you never heard of will present a truly incredible product, and then vanish from the face of the earth again.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
I'm just hoping to see something about Telltale and The Walking Dead and if we're really lucky Persona 5. Though I imagine Sony and Microsoft will have a cock slapping contest.

Didn't SquareEnix say they were saving something for E3 at that Sony conference?
Amen about those two.
I would love to see the next Walking Dead and Persona.

If I actually think about it, those are really the only things I hope to see.
Oh and Fallout 4, that would be nice too.

Other then that I may become surprised at E3 but most likely I won't.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I honestly have no idea. Plenty of them could hold plenty of surprises, so I'm not going to predict who'd win.

What I would love to see though, is Nintendo announce the "DS Player" for the Wii U. Works in the same way as the GBA Player did, with the gamepad obviously becoming the touchscreen. I would be all over that.

Hope we see some gameplay of "The Evil Within", the new game by Shinji Mikami, and perhaps Fallout 4 as well, from Bethesda.

Some more Watch Dogs and Rayman Legends demo would be nice from Ubisoft, with some Beyond Good & Evil 2 stuff would be amazing.

EA, I'd want to announce Mirror's Edge 2 in the Frostbite engine or whatever they call it.

And a both of various other things by various different people.

However, I highly doubt that some of this stuff will happen, it's just shit that I want.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Microsoft always have the most horrendously embarrassing presentations. It's always circuses and celebrities and glowing balls and then they completely forget the games.

Sony have moved away from the bad presentations, but they tend to be a bit boring without much pacing or flair. There's a lot of cool stuff they can potentially show off but because they've already revealed the console I'm not too optimistic. The only PS4 information they've got left is either going to be okay or backfire (price and console design). Neither of those are going to wow.

EA- EA can actually do pretty good presentations and they often have a wide selection of interesting games to demo, but they could put on the most wonderful presentation in the world and no-one would recognise it right now because the community dialogue would keep people's thoughts on negative rails. And the chances of EA mentioning another corporate buzzword that sets people off, hypes up a DLC or outlines an awful fiscal plan are really high.

Activision, I can't think of what games they're making that'll be interesting and half their presentation will be devoted on some CoD or other which is essentially a waste of space right now. You don't need to know what the box cover for the next one looks like to know if you're going to buy it or not. You probably knew last year.

Capcom just cancelled a load of titles. They haven't got a good show.

Nintendo. Lol. I'm sure the Nintendo fans will love it. I'm sure they will show absolutely nothing of value to anyone else. Maybe a new Super Smash Brothers or something.

Square Enix are going to have to announce FFXIII Versus which is a bad thing. They'll also have more information on Thief and other interesting games, but like Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Tomb Raider, no-one will trust these games to be good until they actually come out.

So I think this might be Ubisofts to win or lose

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
With Sony and MS both launching consoles at the end of 2013, it's a pretty safe bet that we'll be seeing presentations from both of them about the PS4 and the Xbox 720.

Sony's first presentation on the PS4 was still pretty light on details and they didn't even show what the console looked like, so they still have lots left to present. If the rumors about the 720 are true, I think that Sony will shine brighter while the gaming community goes up in arms about the 720's alleged mandatory Kinect and DRM.

Then again, it could be that Sony's stance on DRM isn't much different from Microsoft's. Or both companies may just continue to avoid the tough questions about DRM and just focus on the hardware specs.

But my money's on Sony being the overall winner.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Please show Destiny gameplay!

I partially expect a dance party at Microsoft's conference. I don't want to see it happen but I feel it will.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Best conference will be sony IMO. They will sure as hell show the console, game play, ect.

I'm personally hoping something from Prey 2 is shown. Even if it's just a new trailer, or a screenshot, or even someone coming out on stage saying it was moved to next-gen consoles but 'hey guys, it's still coming!' would make me so happy ;-;

But really, Destiny gameplay would be cool, Metal Gear V; Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes better be there too, also show me Gameplay of inFamous Second Son and I'll be a happy camper.

*mentions how she wants Lords of Shadow 2 there but kindly leaves*

GeneralBigG

Environmentalist Clarksonian
Jun 26, 2012
I think Blizzard will announce StarCraft: Ghost as an exclusive on the NextBox.

[small]Runs away, tittering like a child....[/small]

In all seriousness though, I think Ninty could put on a great show. Hell, they've already confirmed that they'll be showing nigh on all their big franchises for the WiiU - New 3D Mario, next Smash Bros., Zelda HD, Wind Waker HD, the Link to the Past "sequel", Mario Kart U, Yoshi's Yarn. Plus, Miyamoto's new game and Retro's new game, which I've heard rumoured might be a new Star Fox game. If so, that would be awesome.

Microsoft's Xbox 720 presentation better show a fuckton of games that aren't Dance Central 286 or Nike+Kinect 16.

I hope I get a sequel to Halo Wars. But I know that'll never happen. I has a sad.

EDIT: Also, to second others, Destiny. Lots and lots of Destiny. In Bungie we Trust.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Reveal of actual physical unit of PS4.
More details and probably reveal of new XBOX.
Bunch of bullshit about social media, new controls, business models.
More info on Transistor, MGS 5 and yada, yada.
And more info and possible trailer of Persona 5, oh GOD, please tell us something about Persona 5!

AndrewF022

Jan 23, 2010
The Phantom will make a surprise return and be released in competition with the next Xbox and the PS4...

Ok... It will probably just be big next-gen showcase for MS and Sony. With current gen games getting released later this year getting their 15 seconds as well.

All I hope is that I see something that surprises me, a game I had never heard of before... Which hopefully should be the case since this is next-gen talk.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
IllumInaTIma said:
And more info and possible trailer of Persona 5, oh GOD, please tell us something about Persona 5!
This, so much this. Atlus announced they were working on it all the way back in 2011, but we've heard sod all about it since then. Please, PLEASE say something!
Also I'd like to see some actual solid stuff on destiny. Plus that new game Supergiant are working on.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Fractral said:
IllumInaTIma said:
This, so much this. Atlus announced they were working on it all the way back in 2011, but we've heard sod all about it since then. Please, PLEASE say something!
Also I'd like to see some actual solid stuff on destiny. Plus that new game Supergiant are working on.
It's about time god damn it! I mean, they've released Persona 4 Golden, Persona 4 Arena, Soul Hackers, and Shin Megami Tensei IV is on its way! Their hands are free!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
We'll finally get to see The Last Guardian agai-... pfft, I'm sorry, I couldn't say that with straight face.

Mister Six

Aug 16, 2010
hazabaza1 said:

Persona 5 is looking like it won't happen, as the company that owns it is now insolvent.

By which I mean Index Corporation and not Atlus.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Mister Six said:
hazabaza1 said:

Persona 5 is looking like it won't happen, as the company that owns it is now insolvent.

By which I mean Index Corporation and not Atlus.
Wait, Atlus? Really? I thought they were doing really well!

Well fuck, that sucks. Hopefully some kind of miracle happens and we still get Persona 5. 3+4 were so damn good.

EDIT: Well in my quote box you hadn't added the bit about Not Atlus so GIMMIE TO TIME TO EDIT

Vedrenne

Feb 8, 2010
A couple of bold predictions:

1) The new Warhammer game being done by Creative Assembly will be announced (proper).
2) Sega unveils Dawn of War 3.