Poll: E3 2013: Prediction Time! (Official E3 2013 Thread)

Mister Six

Aug 16, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
Mister Six said:
hazabaza1 said:
I'm just hoping to see something about Telltale and The Walking Dead and if we're really lucky Persona 5. Though I imagine Sony and Microsoft will have a cock slapping contest.

Didn't SquareEnix say they were saving something for E3 at that Sony conference?
Persona 5 is looking like it won't happen, as the company that owns it is now insolvent.

By which I mean Index Corporation and not Atlus.
Wait, Atlus? Really? I thought they were doing really well!

Well fuck, that sucks. Hopefully some kind of miracle happens and we still get Persona 5. 3+4 were so damn good.

EDIT: Well in my quote box you hadn't added the bit about Not Atlus so GIMMIE TO TIME TO EDIT
Yes not Atlus directly, but if Index Corporation goes under their properties will be divided up and sold, so it is unlikely that Atlus will come through untouched if IC goes under.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Mister Six said:
hazabaza1 said:
Mister Six said:
hazabaza1 said:
I'm just hoping to see something about Telltale and The Walking Dead and if we're really lucky Persona 5. Though I imagine Sony and Microsoft will have a cock slapping contest.

Didn't SquareEnix say they were saving something for E3 at that Sony conference?
Persona 5 is looking like it won't happen, as the company that owns it is now insolvent.

By which I mean Index Corporation and not Atlus.
Wait, Atlus? Really? I thought they were doing really well!

Well fuck, that sucks. Hopefully some kind of miracle happens and we still get Persona 5. 3+4 were so damn good.

EDIT: Well in my quote box you hadn't added the bit about Not Atlus so GIMMIE TO TIME TO EDIT
Yes not Atlus directly, but if Index Corporation goes under their properties will be divided up and sold, so it is unlikely that Atlus will come through untouched if IC goes under.
God, that sucks.
Hopefully if it does happen then Atlus gets sold off to someone who treats their franchises right. It'd suck to see them go down at any time really.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I am gonna say Nintendo will have the best presentation only because they have said the 2 new Smash Bros games are going to be there and I am hella excited for those. But more likely they will all be disappointing.
Predictions of E3 besides best presentation:
Fallout 4 will be announced.
We'll see some more singleplayer footage for Battlefield 4 and we'll all be like "where the fuck is the multiplayer stuff?"
Capcom will piss me off by either doing something stupid or making me want to spend money on their games.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4 will be there.
We will see the PS4 and it will be a black box.
Microsoft will spend 90% of their presentation talking about Nikes Sponserships and 10% on Kinect games.
Nintendo will either announce a bunch of cool unannounced games or just show a new Wii Sports game for an entire presentation.

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
I voted no one. With the nextbox looking horrid with all the rumors and PS4 just not appealing to me with the social functions I doubt anything new would come out that would wow me. Maybe a new tribes game but meh.
I'll watch it online, but with bare expectations.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
MarsAtlas said:
hazabaza1 said:
Hopefully if it does happen then Atlus gets sold off to someone who treats their franchises right. It'd suck to see them go down at any time really.
Maybe Valve could? *jizz in pants*

The SMT games would have the advantage of being past number three, so maybe we'll actually see something.
I don't see Valve taking over a dialogue heavy console based RPG series. In fact, I'd rather they didn't.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
A Half Life 3 trailer. Heck don't show any gameplay. Just acknowledge the game's existance by just a big lambda symbol with three on the corner, I don't care.

A DMC5 teaser followed by an apology from Capcom. Then we can ridicule Donte by photoshoping him into MLP to show how dumb he looks.

A new megaman game is always good. Preferably a current gen one, not another nostalgia driven cash-in with on disk DLC. Resurrect Legends 3 if nothing else or that gritty FPS at the very least

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I predict a better and more interesting year than last year, mainly because Nintendo will actually have some games to show off that they've confirmed for being there and the other two will focus on the new consoles which will hopefully bring more than just sequels. I just really hope we don't get a repeat of last year's "Particle effect fireworks yay!" ending from Nintendo.

I wonder if they'll show a new Smash bros trailer. I'm hoping so, and I'm hoping they'll reveal a character that will be as big of a shock as Snake was for SSBB.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Eh, I don't really care who does the "best," I'm impressed by, well, whatever impresses me.
I expect E3 to do what it's always done for me: Show me more of the games I'm already excited for and REALLY excite me with a surprise announcement that I never saw coming. It's a pretty vague expectation, I know, but it's never failed me, and I LOVE that surprise announcement. Last year it was Gears Of War: Judgement, the year before it was Halo 4. I don't remember the years before but it never fails.
However, without G4 to bring me everything in a nice orderly manner, I don't know where I should get my E3 feed now.

TWEWYFan

Mar 22, 2012
Nintendo. While I am excited for some potential Pokemon news I know it's all going to come down to four words: "Super Smash Brothers 4". Well technically that's three words and an integer, but you get my point. It's going to be hard to beat that.