Poll: Ear Stretching

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
I personally wouldn't recommend it, having stretched ears can damage your chances of getting a job that relies on public interaction (moreso as the size of the holes in your ear increase). I don't like the look of them at all, ordinary piercings are fine (I have 3 in my ears, want to get my ears pierced again maybe), tattoos are fine (as long as they are in good taste and coverable for work situations.

Just make sure that you are wholeheartedly prepared for the consequences of your choice before you do this.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
They make you look fucking dumb.
That's all I'll be saying on the matter.
Sorry to say it but this.

I've got a pierced lip and a full sleeve tattoo (planning on getting more tats) so it's not like I am against body modding.

I just think that you're going to be old and your skin is sagging all around you, your lobes will (and I am not exaggerating here) be touching your shoulders. I mean old peoples ears already sag, if you have 2 huge holes in them as well kids will be singing ...

Do your ears hang low?
Do they wobble to a 'fro
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them over your shoulder
Like a continental soldier,
Do your ears hang low?

Plus there will be a time when your 35 or so thinking "is it time to grow up?" you know? Start tucking your shirt in, stop wearing band tees, cut your hair short etc and you're ears have these big plastic loops in them.

Do you let them sag or look like one of those guys who just can't let go of there youth? Like those guys with pony tails.

It's your body but don't just hop on the band wagon 'cos all the cool kids hipsters are doing it.

Think about job interviews, they say first impressions matter and if you rock in looking like your from the good Charlotte "lifestyles of the rich and famous" music video, they are probably going to turn you down.

Though I have to say, the tunnel ear fad was literally so last year.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
They look atrocious on all people, without exception. The only time I even see that shit anymore is on the kids who make burritos at Freebird's.

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
I don't want to offend anyone here, but you asked so...
I think it makes people look beyond idiotic. It makes me want to punch them in the face. Basically I don't like it and I can't understand how a human being can do something like that.

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
As someone who hires... Don't do it. That, and facial/neck tattoos pretty much guarantee you work for minimum wage from here on out.

Zoomy

Feb 7, 2008
Do it if you want, but be prepared to have people judge you irrationally for it. Also, if you're planning to go down the huge "I can stick my finger in" size holes, make sure you're ready to live with the consequences forever. I met a guy I knew from school, he had the huge ones put in. When I saw him months later, he'd removed them but was left with horrible looking dangly lobes that had barely stuck back together. Not nice.

So yeah, I'd stick to the smaller ones.

Something Witty

Omnidimensional Conductor
Sep 18, 2012
I don't mind it at long as the general shape of the ear is maintained. Its when you start looking like you a trying to create loose loops of skin on your head that I get grossed out. So, to be on the safe side I'm just gonna stick with the "Don't want" camp.