Poll: Elder Scrolls online: Your opinion

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
Well with anouncment of TESO, I've been... skeptical. There have been some "concerning" posts about the game which I can't look past.

Here is a great post that takes into account some of the problems I've heard about it:
http://www.shadowlocked.com/201205082608/features/8-reasons-why-the-elder-scrolls-online-has-had-its-time.html

However, at the same time, I know that Bethesda know how to make good games and that this will probably have some redeeming features.
I would also love to explore ALL of tamriel again in full 3D, no matter it's graphics.

What are your opinions?

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
The single player TES games are basically an MMO without other people playing... So dont know.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Only going to make my decision when i get to play the beta.

But I'm going to say that it will probably be shit.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well there is two things you should know:
- they are going for the "traditional" MMO build
- it is not made by Bethesda

Bottom line, it will most likely be a poor WoW clone only barely related to TES, which is a good thing because if it succeeded then Elder Scrolls single player games would be out for good.

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
There's too little info. Can't tell if it will be WoW with a gimmick attached or DAoC 2.

TheFrost

Feb 4, 2011
as the option says; It'll probably be bad, but I am atleast going to try it out.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
TES has become fairly unique for having the balls to stay blessedly SP, so I wouldn't touch TESO with a gondoliers, erm, bargepole? Paddle thing? Oar? I don't know what Vivec gondoliers use, actually..

Regardless, I don't do MMO's so won't play it. Others who do? Might play it.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
It's really too early to say. I'm not a big fan of what I've seen, but I've hardly seen anything. For the most part, people who don't like MMOs are just reacting to the news that it's an MMO, and presuming it will therefore be awful.

I'd like to see a full outline of proposed features and game play videos before I'm willing to weigh in with any sense of conviction whatsoever about whether this is going to be good or bad.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I shun MMOs and my feelings toward TES are lukewarm at best.

Needless to say, the prospect of combining the two doesn't exactly have me excited.

Buddahcjcc

Sep 22, 2008
"oh god why have they done this" here.
Mainly cause "oh god ANOTHER fantasy MMO"

Jesus... JUST make a Elder scrolls (IE oblivion and before like, didnt much like Skyrim) thats multiplayer. Thats all I ask for. NOT a MMO

Whats next? Mass Effect MMO?

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Anyone else think the screenshots look like a graphically updated Runescape? Because that was what first came to mind, not TES.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_online/b/pc/archive/2012/05/04/first-screen-and-details-surrounding-elders-scrolls-online.aspx

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
If the combat system stays intact, instead of the usual "Press F1 to make your character do a power attack. Now let him do some regular attacks while it recharges" idea that most MMOs use, then I'd say bring it on. Otherwise, I can't see how this will be anything unique or interesting.

Mandal0re

Oct 18, 2008
It's just another reskin of WoW.
From the screens I've seen it barely even looks like Elder Scrolls and the aesthetic design is nasty, so it will be an ugly Elder Scrolls reskinning of WoW.

Yep, it's going to suck.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
I *guess* the oh god option. I thought an Elder Scrolls game online would be fairly obviously terrible, I was just surprised at how much they're fucking up. Hotkey combat, REALLY Zenimax? You're doing what Star Wars did, except you have a weaker IP and no story/character development to hold the story up. Co-op Elder Scrolls, fine. MMO? Cutting your losses would likely be optimal at this point.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Lets see

-A limited skill bar, like in GW and GW2, so you can't have have 10 skillbars all over the screen with all of your skills on them like in WoW

-A Stamina mechanic that allows you to
--Sprint
--Block
--Interrupt
--Break some forms of paralysis
They say they are doing this to give players more self-responsibility to try to help break the trinity DPS/TANK/HEALER that other MMOs, like WoW, use. Similar to GW2 and its dodge mechanic that uses a stamina bar.

-Classes can combine skills, like a rouge's oil-slick, and a mage's fireball, can make a firewall. Similar to GW2's cross class skill combos.

-Weapons determine your first two skills and you have a special finesse skill, similar to how GW2's weapons determine your attack skills and you have a dedicated elite skill.

-There is apparently no aggro mechanic, monsters use combat tactics that a player would use, and dont just sit around waiting for someone to attack them.

-It has a hubless quest system, so no going to towns to load up on quests
Sounds like it plays like Guild Wars 2, but in a Elder Scrolls setting...... It doesn't sound THAT bad.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
I will definitely give it a try at least. I'm interested in it, it actually doesn't sound all that bad, and to be honest I actually enjoy some MMOs.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I don't want an MMO I want CO-OP. There are enough fantasy MMOs on the market give me CO-OP

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
While I really enjoyed my timw with Skyrim, it was the first game in the series I felt any compulsion at all to spend any real time with so I'm definitely not someone who's going to get excited by the name Elder Scrolls Online alone. I also don't find the few screens out there appealing at all. That said, I just don't think there's anywhere near enough information out there at this point to make any sort of educated statement about the game, for better or worse.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
After hearing more about it I will keep a look out for it, but it seems that the game is more akin to guild wars 2 than wow, from what I remember there will be a "hubless" questing system described as being similar to the way guild wars 2 handles quests.

There will also be a limited amount of skills that you can use so you wont have 4 or 5 hotbars filled with skills and abilities. There is also a stamina bar for all characters that breaks CC and has a few other uses.

My inital impression after hearing the announcement was to cry "hot-key based wow clone" but it may differentiate itself enough to at least garner a cursory look at, but who knows it's still too early to tell, more information is vital.