Poll: Eminem. Yes or No?

clipse15

May 18, 2009
Jasper Jeffs said:
.. some people on this site should seriously just shut the fuck up when it comes to rap, far too much ignorance to say anything constructive.

On-topic, I used to like him, not so much any more, although I don't really listen to him now.
I agree. I mean fair enough if you don't like rap but then just say that you don't like it. Don't try and claim that Eminem is better because he doesn't rap about hoes (which he does) and is positive (which he isn't)

MadCapMunchkin

Charismatic Stallion
Apr 23, 2010
I don't like him. Not a statement against his talent, because he is quite talented, but he's just really not my cup of tea.

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
Your Nightmare said:
The_Healer said:
I think he has gotten worse.

His early stuff was just hilarious. I don't really like serious rap.
Same

He was my first album, then it got worse and I moved on to listening to metal.. :O
Oh Shut Up!

Stop reading from my biography!

Timzilla

Mar 26, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Hate him. His voice grates on my nerves and I find his shit offensive. But like almost everything I hate, I just try and ignore him.
If you refering to mostly anything on Relapse, then I'm sure most fans will agree that he went OD on that voice in the album.

My vote is yes.
P.S. I just listened to Kim for the first time and nerlly crapped myself. (Half from the awesomeness, the other half for the song)

Abedeus said:
Besides, I like his old songs. Even Stan, though it's not, humorous like The Real Slim Shady or Without Me.
I think Stan had a bit of humor in itself.

Deadpewl

Jul 23, 2009
Mr.Squishy said:
Only decent rapper out there IMHO, but then again, that's like saying "only decent cyanide-covered cupcake you're forced to eat at gunpoint". ..or maybe not..
Type in Lupe Fiasco into youtube. i cant understand how so many people think that Eminem is a good example of "good" rap (aka not dealing with gangstas and hoes...which he does rap about actually...he made a song called "ass like that" for Christ's sake).
Maybe Lupe isn't mainstream enough...or maybe I need to listen to more than two rappers so that I can give more examples... nah, no way I'm wading through that sea of crap no matter how shiny the hidden gems are.

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
I never really cared for him, but I honestly don't mind his music, which is a big fucking accomplishment considering that almost all rap makes me want to grab my balls and strangle them until they're nothing but a [CENSORED FOR DISTURBING ANALOGY. SERIOUSLY I CAN'T BELIEVE I THOUGHT UP THAT SHIT]

Boonesbane

Mar 31, 2008
Deadpewl said:
Mr.Squishy said:
Only decent rapper out there IMHO, but then again, that's like saying "only decent cyanide-covered cupcake you're forced to eat at gunpoint". ..or maybe not..
Type in Lupe Fiasco into youtube. i cant understand how so many people think that Eminem is a good example of "good" rap (aka not dealing with gangstas and hoes...which he does rap about actually...he made a song called "ass like that" for Christ's sake).
Maybe Lupe isn't mainstream enough...or maybe I need to listen to more than two rappers so that I can give more examples... nah, no way I'm wading through that sea of crap no matter how shiny the hidden gems are.
It's not so much that we enjoy a complete lack of "gansta and hoe" songs from eminem, because as you said he has a few, its just amazingly refreshing to see a rapper with many songs that aren't about the same old rap subjects. The song "Ass Like That" doesn't negate the existence of Marshall Mathers, Stan, ect. I'll give Lupe fiasco a listen though, If his wordplay is as creative and varied as Eminem's, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.