Poll: Escapist meme thread? Escapist meme thread!

FeralDynasty

The Lich King
Feb 2, 2010
This was just me spitballing in between classes, why aren't there more Escapist memes? Before you pretend to be a super-elite member of teh interwebz that looks down upon memes as an entity simply because you can I say this to you: get off of your high horse, with legs that long it can't support the weight of your ego.

Now, this is just to gauge interest, nothing set in stone yet, just tell me your feelings on the issue, yea or nay?

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
I require more knowledge

Enlighten me, oh lute player!

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
We have a few... the basement, the Injustice League and that other group, or "blame Kross", for example.

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
Are you talking about memes just on this site that are like inside jokes to the the members of the Escapist? Every once in a while you see an Escapist related one pop up.
I wouldn't really mind that but I'm sure some people would go overboard and use them every chance they get, like some people people do with other memes.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
We've got the Brovengers.
They're enough as it is. :D

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Well Graham's an Advice Animal if it counts

Although it may not count because this was a reference to a video long before LRR was on The Escapist.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Daystar Clarion said:
Sassafrass said:
We've got the Brovengers.
They're enough as it is. :D
Isn't the Nathan Fillion confusion GIF kind of our meme? :D
I'd say it is, yeah. Or this one. [http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4f2gm4ej91qjnpnp.gif] :D

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
We have a few inside jokes,
it would be cool if they were used more often, so everyone knew they exist.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to turn our cases of irrational EA hating or Valve loving into picturised meme form, advice dog style.

Valve: Deletes all your Steam games if you don't agree with new term and agreement.

EA: releases every C&C game up to Tiberium Sun as Freeware.

EA is only in it for the money, Valve are saints who do everything for the customers!
I dunno, something like that, but more precise and catchy, with a picture of a confused kitten or something. It's a work in progress.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Half the crap I say on these forums are in-jokes >.>

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
Yes, I do want that the escapist will have more memes. We do have some in-side jokes but I want more.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No, there already a problem that some people (most likely former or non members) who think we all have big egos on this site so that will only proved them right!

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
You want to make an escapist meme?
Here's an image that should be just perfect for the job:

Memes arise organically.
It's not something you make an effort to create.
I don't mind memes as a concept, it's just another form of human interaction, but forced memes are some of the worst shit on the internet.

Your last two sentences make it sound like you're planning to force memes on us.
Stop.

There are a few in jokes on the forums. That's more than enough. We don't need advice dog ripoffs and rage comics (apparently, those are the only things that count as memes these days).

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
yuval152 said:
Yes, I do want that the escapist will have more memes. We do have some in-side jokes but I want more.
I think we need a greater spread of Cahtzee! More Cahtzee for everyone!

Other than The Basement, The Injustice League, The Brovengers, a particular mod's obsession with The Scorpion King 3 and picture battles involving Spider-Man, Nathan Fillion or Billy Dee Williams I can't think of any other Memes for The Escapist

Dec 14, 2009
Eclpsedragon said:
We have a few inside jokes,
it would be cool if they were used more often, so everyone knew they exist.
The Escapist doesn't have enough inside jokes?

It's always his fault.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I voted that the OP should ritually disembowel himself, not because I hate memes, but because seppuku is my favorite meme. Also, google seppuku. Google it.

Specific to the escapist, though? Any famous Yahtzee quote.