Poll: Escapist: Waffles vs. Pancakes

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
No, I will not take sides on this. I apply a simple method, whenever I go out to a breakfast place I try to remember which of the two I had last and then get the other.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
[HEADING=3]French Toast!!!!!!![/HEADING]

Whoops.... sorry XP

So to make up for my mistake I present this,,,

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
Waffles are just pancakes with syrup containment units.

Pancakes are great on their own, but if you really need to pile on toppings, you need waffles. There is no pancake on earth that can remain fluffy after being crushed beneath a pound of strawberries and whipped cream.

I'm going to say waffles are superior if only because of their tactical flexibility

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
When I went to Europe last summer I bought a waffle in Belgium.
It had whipped cream and chocolate sauce. I can't side with pancakes after that... It was just so awesome!

rotund0

Nov 15, 2009
It depends upon the make-up of the batter and how long they're cooked.
(I like light, sweet, and fluffy).
I can't say I've had a better commercialized product than IHOP pancakes.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
Free Thinker said:
Waffles. The chocolate chip filled belgian reigns supreme over ALL breakfast pastries!
You're just afraid of the evolutionary power of pancakes. The Pancake Nemesis, if you will.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
WAFFLES!!!

But I like pancakes too, preferably a little uncooked in the middle...

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
It depends entirely on my mood. I will change my opinion.

However, I may have to go off the rails and say, "Crepes".

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I'm going with Team Pancake because I've never gotten around to eating a waffle.

And now I feel deprived.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
If we're talking american pancakes, then the waffle takes it.

However, nothing can beat english pancakes.

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
I choose... Crepes!

They're like ultra-thin pancakes, but they can be savoury as well as sweet, therefore are far greater than pancakes or waffles.

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
Interesting - I'd go with pancakes for their tactical flexibility.
Certainly the waffle can withstand the addition of post-preparation toppings with little-to-no effect on the waffle itself. However, one finds pancakes with an extraordinary variety of additions during preparation. All kinds of things can be chopped into pancake batter and be awesome whereas they're only distractions when added cold on top (as with waffle-toppings).

Admittedly, I'm not aware of any reason why one couldn't put the same variety of ingredients into waffle batter too but I've rarely seen it done. To me that suggests that getting creative with the batter creates technical problems (e.g. too much chance of waffles sticking to the iron or disintegrating during release or somesuch). Any waffle cookers out there who can speak on this from experience?

EboMan7x

Jul 20, 2009
Depends. Belgian Waffle wins against any other proffesional type pancake. But if we're talking instant mix type then pancakes wins.