Poll: Escapists and World of Warcraft

FeralDynasty

The Lich King
Feb 2, 2010
Hi guys, i have been coming to this site for a while now and decided to make an account and i was just wondering, what is your opinion of WoW? feel free to post names and servers.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Welcome to the Escapist. Expect fun speeches.

OT: I don't play WoW for but one reason: It costs money monthly. I'd probably play it otherwise.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Where's the I played it and enjoyed it but don't play it any more.

Gardenia

Oct 30, 2008
Tried it, found it boring, repetitive and demanding alot from my computer even though the graphics were awful.
Aby_Z said:

OT: I don't play WoW for but one reason: It costs money monthly. I'd probably play it otherwise.
Guild Wars?

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
I can't stand it personally, as it's all the killing of a generic fps, with none of the skill. The money is not an issue, I just found it boring beyond comprehension. I do, however, accept that this is my own view.

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
I play it. Not constantly, but I like going in, doing a few quesys, running around, catching some fish. Quite enjoyable really.

mip0

Nov 25, 2009
Wow, I really made a difference there huh!? 2:nd vote :p
I'd play WoW if I had a computer that could handle it.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Aby_Z said:
Same here.

I've tried FFXI, City of Heroes/Villains, and Vanguard. After that, I pretty much gave up on subscription MMORPGS.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Nightzirk said:
Tried it, found it boring, repetitive and demanding alot from my computer even though the graphics were awful.
Aby_Z said:

Guild Wars?
I used to play Guild Wars but I got bored with it and now only use it occasionally to chat with friends I made there. Guild Wars is actually the reason my name here is 'Aby'. I'll be waiting for Guild Wars 2 before I get back into an MMO.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I haven't played it because I refuse to pay for any MMO where there are subsciption fees. I'm just against the idea of subscriptions in general, I don't see how any game is worth me paying extra money each month to continue playing on top of the cash I'm already laying down for the game itself. If they go rid of subscription fees then maybe I'd be willing to give WoW a go, but not until that day comes.

Kingemoney

Dec 5, 2009
I love WoW! But I've had three problems: one, the monthly subscription gets very costly, even though I find I get more out of $15 a month than $60 for a whole game. Two, I have had a problem finding time to play the game. Third, my computer is so out-of-date that I get horrible performance out of WoW. Still, very, very fun.

Typhusoid

Nov 20, 2008
I grinded a Shaman to lv 70, but was put off by 1) atrocious class balancing and 2) being forced to spend hours inside grinding while my social skills slowly decrease

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Played it, enjoyed it for a time, got better hobbies/games... its the same cycle with everything.

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
I used to play, it's a good game. People complain that it costs 9GBP a month, but actually that's cheaper than what I have to spend on games now. I spend about 15 to 20GBP a month on a new game now, but it keeps the feeling of gaming fresh, something new, rather than playing the same thing over and over again. I don't think I can go back to WoW, I need variety.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
I used to play it, and I still think it's really great. I just don't have any motivation to go past level 30 or so, though.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Played it from European release to last August, probably going to start playing around Cataclysm to see what the new world is like.

(Iscantelle/Pewzap/Zappewpew/Iscyadin , Aggramar EU.)

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
None of the above. I played it for a while and enjoyed it (mostly) at the time, but would not play it again.