Poll: Ever done this?

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
So I find myself doing this about twice a day. I'll read a topic on these forums, some if not all of the responses, begin typing in my own response and then think "Why am I typing this? This doesn't really add to the conversation. It doesn't need to be said." then I'll back out of the conversation and never post my response. Anyone else do that? Like I said, I do this daily.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Yes, or I decide that the backlash from said comment wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Yep, happens alot, especially when I have a paritcularly controversial or poignant comment.

randomsix

Apr 20, 2009
Nothing is more pleasurable to me than the occasional quip.

And the determinist in me says you have no choice.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I have more as of late, because I realized that my responses didn't benefit anyone, and were more my own bitching about life.

In those cases, I just close the tab after I finish, instead of hitting "Post".

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
I like to be smug about it; if I think the thread deserves my time I post otherwise I smile, think of what I would write, find that its mostly useless and then move on.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Like a few have said, I can't be bothered with the backlash. I've realised some people on here will grind you down if you have a controversial opinion and I know sometimes about 15 people will quote you saying the same thing over and over.

Other times I've forgotten what I was going to say, backed out and remembered a bit later.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
All the time. Usually if I think what I'm writing could be against the forum guidelines.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Yes, but not that often. I post where my opinion adds something to the thread, and in some cases what I'm about to say is just waffle that nobody needs to know.

Sora-Livana

Jul 29, 2010
On a regular basis, and usually to avoid being mobbed by loud mouthes who disagree with my opinion. Although only if I know I'm too tired or don't have sufficient time to have fun with them ;)

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
Legion said:
Yes, or I decide that the backlash from said comment wouldn't be worth the hassle.
Yesh, this. I'll be in the middle of a sentence sometimes, stop dead and think, "Ehh... maybe not worth it."

Randomspike

Pinball Wizard
Oct 12, 2010
Yes, I usually spend ages typing up a response only to decide not to actually post it, I also do the same when sending messages to people I know.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
Klarinette said:
Legion said:
Yesh, this. I'll be in the middle of a sentence sometimes, stop dead and think, "Ehh... maybe not worth it."
this, or sometimes I'll realise I'm going to get some hassle from a comment after I've posted it, but it wouldn't seem right to edit it out.

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
I do that quite alot, mostly because I would probably get admin attention for saying what I wanted to say.