Poll: Ever had your pet give you it's kill?

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Ok an animal bringing you its kill is said to be the highest sign of its affection. Or so I am told. Well I have was talking to a friend on my porch when a stray that I?ve been feed drops a dead squirrel in my lap. My first reaction is to land on the roof. I calmed down and gave it back then thanked and loved the cat. That when she told me this tidbit. So made me wonder if this has happened to others.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
yea, my girlfriends cat does that all the time.

when I studied zoology and ethology last year, I read that cats do that with the intent of feeding you, if they think you are inept at doing so yourself. Basically, your cat looks down at you and thinks, "here, watch how a pro does it"

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Well, my cat kills them(or half kills them, I hate it when that happens) and my dog retrieves them.

Nex-Falx

Dec 24, 2009
My dog is afraid of bunny rabbits. (I know...)

That's a big fat "no".

Thanks for interesting thread.

Xelt

May 11, 2008
Many times my cat has bought birds into the house.
Once she even bought a half dead owl and dropped it on me in my sleep. Worst thing to wake up to ever.

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
I read the title as "Ever had your pet give you its skill" at first and was wondering if you somehow obtained night-vision from a cat or super-hearing from a dog or something. The actual topic is somewhat of a let down now.

Also, my cat gave my sister a dying bird once. Never gotten a "gift" myself, though, seeing as how I am an excellent hunter.

prinxess

Feb 28, 2009
I found a bunch of dead bird/rat/mice corpses behind my shed...
And we don't even have a cat... D:

Apr 28, 2008
Caligulove said:

when I studied zoology and ethology last year, I read that cats do that with the intent of feeding you, if they think you are inept at doing so yourself. Basically, your cat looks down at you and thinks, "here, watch how a pro does it"
Cats are douchebags like that.

And it has happened to me a few times. My cat would bring dead mice and drop it on the porch...

Although he did once bring back a small snake, which I thought was pretty impressive.

Crossborder

Oct 16, 2008
Caligulove said:

Is that so? My cat brought me a mouse this morning... I'm going to buy him a huge fish at the market tomorrow and let him see how a REAL pro does it!

Feb 13, 2008
Artemis used to make a habit out of bringing me a stunned corpse with its gut torn out just before Sunday dinner. That was until the fox came into the garden and nearly beat the tar out of her.

Now she just hunts plastic bags.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
both my cat and my dog have done that, though what my dog brougth was considerably bigger than a bird.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
One of my cats hunts like crazy. Usually mice. but also squirrels, rats, bats, small birds, and once a rabbit. Luckily, she doesn't bring her kills inside anymore. She just carefully places them right outside the back door.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
My cat Victor brought 50 rabits, eat off her head and brought them to the front door

I wuv my wittle kitty

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
My mentor's cat does this a lot.

I have heard quite a few stories concerning how adept the cat is at hunting birds in the area, even once swiping a bird... from a tree... while the bird was flying through.

Humans = top of the food chain my ass.

We have none of this killer instinct.