Poll: Ever thrown a controller

Trikeen

Feb 17, 2009
Yeah, i've thrown a controller- but an old, sturdy, NES controller. Basically anything after the N64 generation busts if you so much as lightly cough at it.

white_salad

Aug 24, 2008
Never out of frustration. Once in dead space due to "ZOMG WTF MONSTER" shock, and once in pure joy/suprise when I beat Galactus. Didn't know I could block his attacks, I had lots of trouble. Beat him, squealed like a little girl and tossed it into the air with joy.

XIGBARx13

Nov 19, 2009
One time when I was playing GH3, I threw my GH2 Xplorer controller after losing the battle to Lou on expert for like the 50th time in a row. It survived, and still works, to this very day, and I've had that controller for more than 4 years now.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
I don't throw controllers because I fear of hurting their feelings and I paid good money for them.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Controller, phone, 3 remotes, and a PS2 steering wheel. I may have some unresolved issues.

ButanicXpandA

Oct 20, 2009
tekken tag tournament, super hard difficulty, versing the final arcade opponent (unknown) and i could not beat that whore, i think i went through three very cheap third party PS2 controllers by the time i beat it.

on a brighter note, i slept victorious that night.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Oh yeah. My gamer rage cost me at least 3 PS2 controllers. Although I can personally attest to the durability of the Gamecube controller. I smashed one on a cement floor like 3 times and it still works.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
No. The closest thing must be when I'm playing games late at night while almost dozing off. Many times have I dropped the controller in a cutscene because of vibration (from say, an explosion/tank ramming through a wall, etc) + bad grip because of late-night-tiredness xD

TheSquashedOrange

Feb 8, 2011
No, actually, which I think is pretty remarkable considering that I've defeated Demon Souls on new game plus (ManEaters made me come close once though.)

Dafttechno

May 19, 2010
I've dropped controllers from about 2 feet due to falling asleep during late night gaming, but I've never thrown any. My roommate is notorious for being rough on his controllers. If our controllers get mixed up, the way we tell them apart is by shaking them to see if they rattle.

Ozzythecat

Jul 12, 2010
Does falling down count as throwing a Kinect controller?

I've thrown a few controller but I've yet to break any. The 360 controller seems to be forged of bit's Excalibur because I've yet to break one...

Ducktard

Aug 9, 2010
I haven't thrown one on purpose, but I have BITTEN controllers in rage..

If that counts for anything

colourblind

Feb 2, 2011
I feel sorry for my controllers but I must say the 360 controller holds up well after you kick it into a wall.

dicai

Jun 4, 2009
Nah, I just scream offensive things to the game, character and their relatives and punch a door or wall next to me. The door makes a lot more noise than the wall...but not enough to quiet down my screams... Yes, I'm a really sore loser.

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
I've tossed it on my bed out of anger a couple times. I've never broken a controller out of rage though. Its my little plastic buddy!

Zinaxos

Feb 9, 2009
Of course, I threw the controller, RAGE QUIT, then punched my cat.
In all seriousness though, yes, I have thrown my controller. Though, I never rage quit and I never harm my cats.

galdon2004

Mar 7, 2009
I only ever throw a controller when it really deserves it; like when the buttons don't respond right from the.. other.. times I.. threw.. it.....