Poll: Ever Walked out of a movie?

Turbo_Destructor

Apr 5, 2010
When I was about 12 or so, I went to see Constantine with my mum. About 5 minutes into that first exorcism scene, she decided it would be too scary for me and despite my indignant protests, dragged me out of the cinema with everyone watching... most.embarrassing.thing.ever.

InsaneFool

The Dude Abides
Jan 18, 2010
I've never walked out of a movie, part of the reason is that I do as much research into a movie before I see it to make sure that I'm not wasting my money.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I came pretty close at walking out of The Unborn but I kept saying "It might get good" to myself F.Y.I. It never got good (except maybe when that kid was hit by a car, that was pretty funny)

justhereforthemoney

Aug 31, 2009
Yes I have, the movie was Superhero Movie, and the reason was cause my gf wanted me to lay her down by the fire and make sweet love.

Nemk4

Mar 23, 2010
Lately ?

Paranormal Activity

I just felt WTF am I watchin ?!! feeling.

It was a garbage.

Andy Todd

Apr 4, 2010
never ending story (rename it to the Never-Ending movie!)
All 3 new star wars movies. George Lucas should be drawn and quartered for rape.
Wild West or whatever it was with Will Smith, ughhh...
Lethal Weapon 3
Beverly Hillbillies Cop 3 where they were using the ghetto-blaster boombox machine guns.

As a note, you can usually get your money back or a coupon to see another movie from most theaters if you really hate the movie you went to.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
I walked out of Dracula: Dead and Loving It. I can't even remember how young I was back when that was in theaters. lol I actually had to sit through it for a high school English class once though. It wasn't as bad as I remembered it, but it still could have been way better.

kazataniplayer

Apr 6, 2010
I wanted to walk out of transformers 2, but I was on a camp trip. I'll refuse to watch that "movie" for the rest of my life

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Rocky Balboa (Rocky IV, or whatever you want to call it). I recall the exact moment I had had enough:
When they reveal Adrianne died of cancer.

This is an animated recreation of what happened:
<youtube=3BtFScDdki0>

Veleste

Mar 27, 2010
There was a movie where Tommy Lee Jones was protecting a bunch of Cheerleaders or frat girls or something. God that movie was awful, I had to leave. Apart from that no, though I did leave half way through The Ring for different reasons...

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
I have never walked out of a movie in a theater. I paid to see it and I'm going to stick it through till the end.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Cheveyo said:
Ultra Violet.

Oh dear god did I regret going to that movie. On top of it being terrible, there was a group of morons behind me gabbing throughout the whole fucking thing.
I'm so sorry. That was bad enough when I saw it for free. Even better is that they made an anime series out of it (which got canceled pretty quickly) which was even worse, somehow.

The one I remember walking out on was A Knight's Tale. I got in for free somehow (I think I had a free pass for some reason), and I still almost demanded my money back on the way out, that's how much I hated it. It also convinced me that Heath Ledger was going to go on to become an epic failure. At least I was wrong about that, even if the entire rest of the movie was awful. Heh.

Son of Makuta

Nov 4, 2008
I left before the end of Public Enemies. Kept thinking it was going to end, and it didn't. It wasn't very interesting, kept repeating itself and I wanted to go and get a Subway, so I walked out. That movie is ridiculously long and, it has to be said, pretty uninteresting.

My family and I have also left a couple of movies early. This is because they (in particular my sister) don't seem to be very good at picking movies that'll be actually decent, especially from my viewpoint. Dorian Gray was one, I think it disturbed the others (hell, it disturbed me, I felt kind of unclean afterwards...). There was another that I knew was going to be absolutely shite from the outset and which we left after fifteen minutes, if that. Can't remember the name of it though.

Quickest time I've ever given up on a movie was one and a half minutes after the opening credits. That was Sweeney Todd, at my sister's misguided recommendation. I already had one eyebrow raised at the images they chose to accompany the credits, and when I saw one of the characters on a boat singing some crap in greyscale-and-red-o-vision, I knew I wasn't going to be able to watch any of it. Close window.