Poll: Everyday person's throne

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
I sit forward while reading a book.

If it's a hangover day then I sit sideways so I can lean over the sink, just incase I end up springing a leak from both ends.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Oh god, is this the new version of that horrendous advert?
Captcha: "Diddly-squat". I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about Captcha.

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
You know the from of Game of thrones with Sean Bean sitting on the Iron throne with his sword out in front of him? Well that's basically me on the loo, except instead of a sword I have the toilet paper holder. No word of a lie. I do all of my thinking there.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
I'm generally reading a book when I poop, so I lean forward. Less chance of dropping it in the toilet that way.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
You're supposed to lean forward and lift your knees. It helps the poo come out, our natural poo position is the squat, thus leaning and lifting are as close as you get to that.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Pohaturon said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
I lean forward, because it helps things... move. The human body is meant to squat when relieving itself[footnote]so yes, those Asian squat toilets are actually the right idea, not Western style commodes[/footnote], and it's actually got mechanisms to make it harder to poop when sitting up or laying down (so you don't crap yourself when you don't want to, presumably.) Leaning forward gets you closer to that natural position. Putting a stool[footnote]No, not /that/ kind of stool, a step stool.[/footnote] under your legs while leaning forward helps even more.

And now you know probably more about the human excretory system than you ever wanted to.
... I feel unclean after reading all that...
Yeah, I tried to be all technical about it, but that somehow made it worse. The "stool" joke in the footnotes probably didn't help matters either. Although at least I didn't post a picture, like Wadders here:

Wadders said:
Yep, standard elbows-on-thighs pose from me. Apparently there's a 'proper' way to sit while you poop, to maximize relaxation of all the relevant muscles and make the whole thing an easier and generally more enjoyable experience.

It's basically a natural squat. like this:

Why the fuck is he wearing a watch though? I mean, he's totally nude, but for some reason the artist drew a watch. It's not like he needs it when demonstrating the optimum pooping position.
I felt that the picture was too freakish not to show everyone. There are plenty of pictures of normal, clothed people in that kind of pose, but that illustration is a special kind of disturbing :)

V3rtig0

Mar 3, 2012
I usually sit up straight, but when I get slight constipation it doesn't come out that easily, I lean forward and find that it gives me that extra power needed to push the brownie out.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I achieve Nirvana by levitating above the lavatory and transport my load via psychokinetic force. Then, I flush...IN MY MIND!

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I lean forward because I find it helps get things moving (literally). Plus I'm usually doing a KenKen puzzle so it's elbows on the legs for max comfort.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Hang on I'll check...

Yeah I lean forward with my arms rested on my knees.

Off topic

Yay 3000 posts!
You realise , your 3000th post is about taking a dump , right?

OT: i'm on the toilet right now , i lean forward with my arms on my theighs . I never thought about this before .

Edit: i looked up the squating toilets , and i don't like it . It leaves way too much up to chance . You know sometimes it's messier than others . Plus there the hazard of not squating properly or falling down .... No fucking way.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
krazykidd said:
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Hang on I'll check...

Yeah I lean forward with my arms rested on my knees.

Off topic

Yay 3000 posts!
You realise , your 3000th post is about taking a dump , right?

OT: i'm on the toilet right now , i lean forward with my arms on my theighs . I never thought about this before .

Edit: i looked up the squating toilets , and i don't like it . It leaves way too much up to chance . You know sometimes it's messier than others . Plus there the hazard of not squating properly or falling down .... No fucking way.
Yes and I could not think of a more fitting post for such a milestone :p

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
anthony87 said:

If it's a hangover day then I sit sideways so I can lean over the sink, just incase I end up springing a leak from both ends.
You mean you don't take the through the legs challenge? Dude... you need to do the hardcore approach!

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Well, this is assumeing that you use a western toilet.
If you use a japanese/ asian toilet, you really dont want to lean backwards.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
anthony87 said:

You mean you don't take the through the legs challenge? Dude... you need to do the hardcore approach!
Tried it once.

....It went everywhere.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
What? It's pretty damn comfortable especially when I'm on there for a while.