Poll: Everyone, talk about fruit.

Lesnik

May 7, 2011
I got bored, made an account, mentioned bananas in my first post, and now I want to hear all you friendly strangers tell me about fruit. Just whatever you know about some of it, like how the meat of bananas come in three sections, or...something else.

Also, if you can't think of anything fruity, can someone please tell me why coffee isn't considered tea?

...And if you absolutely can't come up with anything draw me a pterodactyl!

EDIT: Bananas aren't fruit, so forget I told you that.

EDIT-ER: The internet keeps telling me that bananas are fruit, so forget I told you to forget I told you that.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Coffee is made from coffee beans. Tea is made from tea leaves.

To pick a good watermelon, see how heavy it is for its size. The heavier, the better. Next, knock or tap on the hide. If it sounds hollow, that is a good indication of ripeness. Lastly, if one side is flat and yellow, it has been growing for a long while.

JillsSabre

Oct 7, 2010
I like mangoes, they're pretty awesome. Did you know that ripe mangoes are used to make some curries?

Lightning Delight

Apr 21, 2011
Personally, I enjoy taking lemons or limes, cutting them into halves, and just eating them. This is sour as hell and has earned me many funny looks, but it is actually quite delicious, provided you like sour things.

Also, and this might only be tangentially related but who cares, try mixing blueberry juice with Code Red Mountain Dew. It will blow your mind. Make sure its Diet Mountain Dew, though, because otehrwise you will fall into a sugar coma that takes a fortnight to come out of.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
If you eat an entire bag of apples in a single day you will spend many of the following hours on the toilet. Never again.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Pineapples... Make an excellent weapon when used against very large Bees...
[sub]Probably... [sub]
Just wanted to mention Pineapples...
[sub]Yeah...[/sub][/sub][/sub]
HAT!

I'm done now, all good and all. Pineapples!

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
The word banana is derived from the Arab word "banan," which means finger.

Another factoid! Bananas are my favourite fruit! :D

LikeDustInTheWind

Mar 29, 2010
The Spartan E1337 said:
Personally, I enjoy taking lemons or limes, cutting them into halves, and just eating them. This is sour as hell and has earned me many funny looks, but it is actually quite delicious, provided you like sour things.
This to infinity.

OT: Rotten fruit is great for throwing at stupid people.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009

I honestly don't get how people don't like cantaloupe. If I hadn't met people IRL who don't like them, I wouldn't believe it.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I once had passion fruit juice in Hawaii. That stuff is the nectar of the GODS.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Dags90 said:

I honestly don't get how people don't like cantaloupe. If I hadn't met people IRL who don't like them, I wouldn't believe it.
I dont like them, but I like Mangos. which people think is weird cause you're supposed to like both I guess and not just one or the other.

Sorry, just felt like quoting that.

well, tomatos are fruit, and I think I heard somehwere that the peanut was a fruit (though I may be losing it)