Poll: Exclusive releases. Should it be banned?

Raptorace18

Dec 3, 2009
Post scipt.

All right I get it. I'm in a sad minority who just want to play another flight sim that lets them shoot down giant flying battle ships and fly down the barrel of a giant rail gun. I was hopping for a spontaneous outpouring of gamer rage and unit those who live with the curse of not being able to play a game casue they brought the wrong console and lead them in a final battle against the game and console manufacturers to make things a bit more fair, and what i got was a council worker coming round telling me to take down my fucking stupid recruitment stand.

Well fuck it. Fell free to pay me out as much as you want. I am not coming back here and don't try to quote me in the hope that i will read it in my mail because I will just delete it. Lets just end this now.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Hell no. Exclusives are what give consoles diversity.
I think exclusives should stay.

I also noticed you said nothing about the Wii and its exclusives...

At the end of the day, weather you play PS3 or 360 or PC, aren't we all gamers?
No love for the Wii...

Dec 14, 2009
Raptorace18 said:
So anyway I was on you tube looking at ace combat 6 and I thought it was awesome. The only reason I don't go out and by it is because it is an xbox exclusive. DAMMIT NOT AGAIN! What is the point of exclusive releases/ all they do is continue the pointless argument over who got the better consule. At the end of the day, weather you play PS3 or 360 or PC, aren't we all gamers? Aren't we in it for the same thing? Why keep some games inaccessible to the rest because they didn't buy the 'right' console? So, should we ban exclusive releases?
You have no idea how business works do you?
Competition = diversity
Competition = competitive prices
Competition = Good for the consumer

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I don't mind exclusive releases actually. Sure it sucks when a game you want is not on a system you own (like Valkyria Chronicles for me) but they can be good things, particularly when the game is specifically programmed to take advantage of the strengths of the system it's programmed for. Look at something like Bayonetta for example. Sure it was multi platform, but the PS3 version paled next to the 360 version because it was programmed for the 360. When you have one single target console you can potentially have much more focused development.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Without exclusives the console wars basically boil down to fanboyism and price.

Mewick_Alex

May 25, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Raptorace18 said:
So anyway I was on you tube looking at ace combat 6 and I thought it was awesome. The only reason I don't go out and by it is because it is an xbox exclusive. DAMMIT NOT AGAIN! What is the point of exclusive releases/ all they do is continue the pointless argument over who got the better consule. At the end of the day, weather you play PS3 or 360 or PC, aren't we all gamers? Aren't we in it for the same thing? Why keep some games inaccessible to the rest because they didn't buy the 'right' console? So, should we ban exclusive releases?
Competition = diversity
What he said. If there are no exclusives, then what's the point of different consoles?

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
Not to mention every game would be based off of the Wii's Specs.

Though I don't see why games that don't seem to use the uniqe capibilities a system has don't go multiplatform other than becuase of Software edit/transfering if it's recieved well enough.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
No, exclusives are often the only games that push boundaries on their respective platforms.

Why do you think most PC games are still using DirectX 9?

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
I can understanding porting games at a later date however permanently making it an exclusive is damn right rotten and pathetic as they could make even more money via the ports

Dec 14, 2009
Raptorace18 said:
LeonLethality said:

I don't count the wii as a console. Since this is a post about gaming consoles rather than a hyper advanced baby's rattle it has no place in this post.
You just sound like a fan boy to me.
Play Monster Hunter Tri, exclusive to the Wii, then tell me it's for babies.

Raptorace18

Dec 3, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Raptorace18 said:
Competition = diversity
Ok hes got me there. I probably should have known that as i am studying business studies at high school.

Lowbreed

Jul 4, 2009
Well let me tell you this I think your idea is very silly, stop that.

That aside, NO. Competition would be gone, and consoles would be going nowhere. Oh and the best games (back before this GEN) were exclusives. It would also get rid of Nintendo's will to make worthwhile exclusives (if there is even a spec of that will left after the bloody casual goldmine...)

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Raptorace18 said:
LeonLethality said:

I don't count the wii as a console. Since this is a post about gaming consoles rather than a hyper advanced baby's rattle it has no place in this post.
The Wii is a console, like it or not.
It's also the only console not afraid to admit it's a toy. All consoles are toys I don't see why you should treat them any other way.

[sub]Honestly I can't see why people hate the Wii so much[/sub]

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
If games are not released for the PC, then they are not cool enough for me ;P

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Raptorace18 said:
LeonLethality said:

You just sound like a fan boy to me.
Play Monster Hunter Tri, exclusive to the Wii, then tell me it's for babies.
Ah I should have said something about Tri. Slipped my mind for a second XD

You also forgot to mention Twilight Princess, No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2.

unreal713

Aug 18, 2009
What annoys me more than console exclusives are region exclusives. Having the PS3 region free doesn't really help when I don't understand Japanese... I know it takes time and money to translate and stuff, but does it really cost that much more than developing for current gen consoles?

Apr 28, 2008
Raptorace18 said:
LeonLethality said:

So I guess that means Red Steel 2, Madworld, Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda, No More Heroes 1+2, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Monster Hunter Tri, the Conduit, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and the upcoming Metroid and Zelda games don't matter then.

Who knew.

As for your topic, exclusives mean little to me, since I own all the consoles already. Even the Wii. Exclusives make companies try to best each other, resulting in better and better games for the consumer. Which is a good thing.