Poll: Expanded Mii Fighters

Ryu890

May 28, 2011
Hey all. Just wanted to get other people's oppinion on...well, my oppinions.

Ok, surely by now, everyone has heard that Miis are going to be playable in Smash Bros Wii U/3DS. (And if you haven't heard yet, just check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VyUi4_NsK4). Personally, I really like the concept, and the movesets availible seem like they'll be a heck of alot of fun to play.

But I had my personal thoughts on the matter. Thought I'd go ahead and share them. Just two little side-notes. Make of them what you will.

1. Ok, I get why you can't allow EVERYONE to put whatever Miis they want to in Smash Bros. Not with a family-friendly company like Nintendo, with a game series that people of all ages will be playing. Too much potential for Hitler to face Bin Laden in every other match.
But why ban Mii Fighters from online play alltogether? How difficult would it have been to put in a few "Default" Miis (like the ones in the trailer), and say "Ok, online you have to use these guys." I mean, they already have a bunch of "Guest" Miis in games like Wii Party and Wii Sports.

2. I really like the current three classes as presented. Brawler, Swordfighter, Gunner. I wouldn't change them.
But to me, and I know this is KIND of an unpopular opinion, but here goes anyways:
I think they should expand on it. Just a bit.

When you're dealing with character customization, its important to allow people to get some semblance of the concept behind their characters. Obviously, its impossible to get EXACTLY the right build for EVERY character out there, but I think that their current model woefully leaves three important archtypes excluded.

A quick-and-speedy ninja-esque class (a-la Fox, Greninja, Sonic),
A slow-but-strong type class (Dedede, Gannodorf, Bowser, DK),
and a magic-y character. (Rosalina, Palutena, Zelda)

If you want to make Naruto or Harry Potter, you're kind of out of luck, forced to resign them to one of the other three rolls, none of which really fit that well.

Anyhow, yes, I know that this is asking for more development dollars to be sunk into a single character-type, but I still like to speculate.
So what are you guys' thoughts? Assuming money wasn't an issue, would you agree?

What if said additional classes were released as DLC later on?