Poll: Fallout 3 or Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion?

rayman 101

Jun 7, 2008
zralbot said:
I chose Fallout 3 over Oblivion, but only because Morrowind wasn't an option.
I'm sorry, but it's utterly beyond me how anybody can stay longer than 3 minutes awake while playing that game. As for this topic, I would go with fallout 3, but I still love oblivion.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Oblivion had more to do but Fallout 3 was more polished. I have to say I found Fallout more immersive and more fun.

Kaisikudo

Sep 30, 2009
I found Fallout 3 to be the more immersive of the two, but I still couldn't bring myself to pick it over Oblivion. If I can, then I will have both.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Surely this poll is rendered irrelevant when you've allowed people to say the like both?

SloLynx

Aug 29, 2009
Isn't this supposed to be a versus thread? I mean, I did a similar one and everyone told me it was a versus thread...

tooktook

Feb 13, 2008
Fallout 3 is a "better" game. Oblivion is far more interesting and pleasant to be in. Both, Fo' Sho'

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Fallout 3 because it was more immersive than Oblivion and they cured the problem of having too much money, in Fallout you always need money even after you beat all the quests in case you go exploring you'll need bullets or better guns or your stuff repaired. Plus I love the Sniper Rifle. <3

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
YoUnG205 said:
which one of these famous Bethesda titles is your favourite? mines Fallout 3 btw however Oblivion is good.
YOU RIPPED OFF MY THREAD!!!!
(Just so my call of plagiarism doesn't get picked on, I mean the poll I posted on the two new Bioware games, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins. If you have a problem with me saying this, I'll give you my lawyer's number.)
Just kidding.
I like Oblivion better, by the way. Fallout's "gritty" atmosphere (AKA a way to appease people while not actually including good gameplay, just gore and language) really got on my nerves.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
I loved Oblivion for its more open feel but as mentioned above, Fallout 3 has a more polished feel. Im eagerly looking forward to the next TES installment, to say the least!

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
Fallout3,oblivion can get so dull at times and glitchy, fallout3 is polished up nicey does everything better than oblivion.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Dislike them both, had some fun wiht htem but once that wore away I coudlnt find any enjoyment.

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
For me it depends on what your in the mood for. While technically Fallout 3 is a better designed game I sometimes find myself much preferring the high fantasy setting over the post apocalyptic survival setting. Honestly I can't truly put one over the other because I have spent many many hours in both games and have enjoyed both.

SgtFlaman

Oct 15, 2007
They're both equally as good, its just each caters to a different crowd. Oblivion for the sword-wielding fantasy player, and F3 for the hunting rifle toting post-nuclear apocalypse player.

Tureis

Oct 15, 2009
I guess I'm just too eliteist to like Fallout 3, it still feels inferior to the original, or the second.

As for Oblivion it seemed far better then Fallout 3 in every way.

I mean Fallout 3, I don't see it as a Fallout game, it's strange as a Fallout title I hate it, but for a Sandbox game it's fairly decent. I guess I never just got immersed into it.

Oblivion I felt perfect immersion from, and I guess I was wanting another Medieval Fantasy type world in a game again, considering I've been playing too many mainstream games.

Ziltoid

Sep 29, 2009
I like them both about the same. I probably played each of them for around a month or 2 after release.

Morrowind, however, I played for years.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
I love both. I can't split it. In fact, I'm still going to spend my holidays playing both these games, even though I've finished them long ago.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Fallout 3, to be honest. At least when I go back to fallout 3, I can bear to play it for more than ten minutes. Oblivion's lost it's appeal to me for some reason.