Poll: Fallout 3 or [PROTOTYPE]?

Ashtaron

Apr 5, 2009
Two completely different games here, but here's my take:

Fallout 3 should only be played on PC (insert obligatory PC MASTER RACE rant here) due to many, many, MANY excellent mods that are out there. Yes, that is a reason enough to play it on PC. They can literally fix and/or change everything you don't like in the game. In my (PC elitist jerk) opinion, mod support is the only reason why Bethesda hasn't been lynched by an angry mob with torches and pitchforks yet.

Prototype... well, it doesn't quite match FO3 in replay value, but is an excellent game anyway, especially if you like fast-paced action and going OH YEAH DID I JUST DO THAT every few seconds. I presume controls are better on Xbox, but I can't really judge since I've never even seen one.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
I would suggest Fallout. I've never really liked it, but its looking more and more appealing to me now.

Raptoricus

Jan 13, 2009
Fallout 3, one of the best games I've played in years, and there's so many mods out for it, you've got a hell of a lot of replay value there.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/top/

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
Fallout 3 is without question the best game I've ever played. Getting prototype over it wouldn't just be a bad idea, it would be a valid reason for sending a person to hell.

ilikemilk

Jan 19, 2010
i say prototype... most of the time im playing fallout 3 i was walking over a gigantic landscape where i asked my freind to help mi hold the walk button untill he sees something interesting...which was rare

Allstar309

Apr 19, 2009
You would definately spend more hours on Fallout 3 then you would Prototype but you spend alot of it walking and navigating your way through metro tunnels which is a *****. But the rest of the time you'll be kickin ass with VATS and blowing up stuff.

I havn't played Prototype but its a completely different game to Fallout, so i guess its what you feel like.

If you do get fallout 3, try get the Game of the year edition because it comes with all the DLCs giving you even more stuff to do.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
Fallout 3 is dumbed down Fallout 2 that doesn't even deserve to be called Fallout. It's a shooter with stats and like one moral choice that actually means something.

Prototype is probably one of the worst games I've ever played this gen. It's a reskin of The Hulk: Ultimate Destruction with the constant being knocked down by every single enemy attack in a row and all. The bosses were cheap, the whole "I'm sooo badass" thing got old after an hour, the missions were repetitive, the stealth was shit, being chased by constant strike packages was annoying as fuck, the story sucked and to even get it you had to eat people walking about, EVERY building looked like the exact same cardboard cut out and the graphics looked like an early PS2 game.

jowo96

Jan 14, 2010
Depends what you like, prototype is more action orientated than fallout is but fallout has a lot of fun exploration to do, characters to talk to and moral choices to make, basically fallout has more choices than prototype, prototype you can only be evil although you do get super powers which is also really fun.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Didn't really like Fallout, didn't really like Prototype, but if I had to choose I'd say Fallout.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Fallout 3 was great sure, but it was no second coming like so many people would have you believe. It was just another Oblivion.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
Fallout 3 was great sure, but it was no second coming like so many people would have you believe. It was just another Oblivion.
So it was the second coming of Oblivion then?

I'm joking, as I didn't think fallout was that amazing myself.

Linkassassin360

Dec 28, 2009
Depends, if you get a good deal for prototype then its worth it. I've had it since launch and still play it. Fallout3, atleast for your average gamer, is the better choice because it lasts so very long, and its got a fun world to explore. Prototype is just crazy fun, but not exactly worth buying unless your into the whole ultimate badass thing.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
factualsquirrel said:
Hiphophippo said:
So it was the second coming of Oblivion then?

I'm joking, as I didn't think fallout was that amazing myself.
I suppose that's more or less what I'm getting at yea. It just felt very soulless. I was beyond amazed at the detailed world mind you, but the characters and everything that came with it was so stiff and bland.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
I suppose that's more or less what I'm getting at yea. It just felt very soulless. I was beyond amazed at the detailed world mind you, but the characters and everything that came with it was so stiff and bland.
Yep, the world was great, but the inhabitants felt weird, and I was playing at a friends house with his grandad wondering how I could stand all the little niggles.