Poll: Fallout 3: TPS or FPS mode?

AdambotLive

Jul 19, 2009
Hey all, just wondering what style you mostly use in fallout 3. third person mode, or first person mode?

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
First Person when I'm fighting, third person when I'm just running around.

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Why don't you have a both option? :p

First person when I'm shooting and third when I'm exploring.

Parallel Streaks

Jan 16, 2008
The Third Person was awful, I couldn't even look at the screen in Third Person if my guy was running with a pistol in his hand.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
First person mostly. When I get some new armor I'll take a look at it in third person, but the instant I start walking from that viewpoint I feel like an idiot for playing it that way.

joe182

Feb 18, 2005
First person, 3rd person looks just as bad as Oblivions did.. The character doesn't look like they're connecting with the ground at all, stairs are the worst.

Marohen

Jun 30, 2009
Bethesda haven't quite gotten the whole third person perspective thing nailed down. For shits and giggles I used the third person perspective to make it look like I was playing it in its original isometric incarnation, but it's safe to say that it possesses no practical value.

Schnippshly

Mar 6, 2009
The third person is terrible because it controls like a FPS but you still see behind your back. I'd much rather have a first person view, anyway. Even if the third person view was done right, I'd prefer a first person view.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
I prefer FPS view because TPS view means I have to watch my characters akward walking animations, which kind of kills the game in an uncanny way.

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
scnj said:
First person. The third person doesn't look right at all.
Yeah the default third person setting for the camera is not positioned well. You can set the camera with the console but meh its kinda a pain to have to do that every time I play, so I just use first person.

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
first person. although has anyone else noticed how much effort has gone in to modleing the female avatars ass? its just wrong!