Poll: Fallout 4 or Elder Scrolls V?

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Yes, Bethesda's two best titles, Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls VI: Oblivion, have been compared like crazy. Which is better? Which is more fun? Which has the most epic story? While each are similar, they both have their strong points.

Well, since that has been done like crazy, I figure it's time to twist the thinking a little bit. It doesn't matter what Bethesda has in the works right now, but rather what you would like to see come out first. It's a matter of which would get you hyped up like a five-year-old on crack the most. Since such an endeavor would take up all their time, Bethesda can only push 'em out one at a time, so the "Both" option has been scratch off the poll.

So, what is the verdict, Escapists?

Scikosomatic

Sep 15, 2009
Elder Scrolls V FTMFW!
lol I thought Fallout 3 was decent, but I felt Elder Scrolls had a better immersion factor...but maybe that's because I've always been more of a fantasy buff than a science fiction one

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
I want a better magic system, and a fixed leveling system.

[HEADING=2]And more Dark Brotherhood.[/HEADING]

Scikosomatic

Sep 15, 2009
grimsprice said:

+1
also, it'd be cool if there were more than one guild for each type

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
I haven't been able to get into Oblivion (although, I have a good feeling if I give it a chance, I will), but I absoloutely loved Fallout 3, so I personally can't wait for New Vegas

Klopy

Nov 30, 2009
I have to say that Oblivion would be better. Fallout 1-3 so far have been pretty much the same minus gameplay. You're in a post apocalyptic world where you have to find stuff to survive. Personally i believe with such a premise of the past with Oblivion is more open and could be more promising. From what i've seen, Oblivion 3 was really good, and 4 (which i've played) is amazing. Fallout 1 and 2 were not liked as much by action savvy gamers. Investing in the pattern would probably be better.

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
Fallout 3 was a copy/paste and retexture of Oblivion, despite this, it still kicked incredible amounts of ass.

Oblivion came first and therefore kicks ass by default, the only real differences in my eyes were the fact that Fallout 3's story actually was pretty decent and you got to order around a legion of Space Marines in the PC version through mods.
I'm really accustomed to TES though, so I want that first, mainly because Fallout 3 will easily continue to satisfy me well into next year, whereas after all this time, Oblivion is a little bit stale.

grimsprice said:

Also this.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
I'll say Oblivion because that game is flawed in so many ways that it would be better for Bethesda to make a sequel for that game that fixes its issues. From what I've read Fallout 3 is still enjoyed by a large percentage of the gaming population so I don't think it needs a sequel.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Klopy said:
I have to say that Oblivion would be better. Fallout 1-3 so far have been pretty much the same minus gameplay. You're in a post apocalyptic world where you have to find stuff to survive. Personally i believe with such a premise of the past with Oblivion is more open and could be more promising. From what i've seen, Oblivion 3 was really good, and 4 (which i've played) is amazing. Fallout 1 and 2 were not liked as much by action savvy gamers. Investing in the pattern would probably be better.
Heh, Oblivion is the title of the fourth game in the series. There is no Oblvion 3. Just call them by their subtitle:

1 = Arena
2 = Daggerfall
3 = Morrowind
4 = Oblivion

ShotgunShaman

Apr 1, 2009
Oblivion was so full of color and life and frolicking little woodland mammals, while Fallout was so depressing and bleak... I'm going to have to go with TES V.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
One of my all time favorite games is Morrowind.
But as much as i loved it, Oblivion disappointed equally.

I am at a loss here, Elders Scrolls if it is as good Morrowind if not I hope for Fallout.

Jul 9, 2008
ShotgunShaman said:
Oblivion was so full of color and life and frolicking little woodland mammals, while Fallout was so depressing and bleak... I'm going to have to go with TES V.
Well, that's the thing. Depressing can be good if you're in that kind of mood.

While I personally preferred Fallout 3 to Oblivion (by a small margin, for the record), I think that it would be best to get the next Elder Scrolls game first. Way I see it, there's been more innovation since Oblivion than there has been since Fallout, so getting an ES game first would seem fresher.

Screens

Oct 31, 2008
I didn't like Fallout 3 too much, but I only really got into Oblivion after I installed a bunch of mods. I don't know, but I'll lean towards TES5.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Elder Scrolls. I love both games, but in oblivion you feel much less limited. like in fallout you had a certain amount of ammo for everything, a certain amount of healing items, a certain amount of radiation you could handle, health, weight, and object condition. In oblivion it was just health, magic, weight, and object condition. Magic regenerated and you could use it to restore your health so the only thing with a definite limit was weight and object condition, which makes it a lot easier to just enjoy the game as opposed to constantly running back and forth from megaton to restock on crap. Plus it's always cool to be able to shoot fireballs out of your hands.

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Defiantly Elder Scrolls V, Oblivion was way bigger than Fallout, they were both great games, but I fuckin LOVED Oblivion, there is a reason I put 170 hours into the game!