Poll: Fallout:England-Would it Work?

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
Sun Flash said:
JaymesFogarty said:
Excuse me; not a terrible idea or anything, but how would be Fallout Edinburgh be any different to normal Edinburgh?
Joshimodo said:
You don't need a game - Edinburgh looks post-apocalyptic already!
*repositions one o'clock gun*

Fancy meeting up for a spot of lunch tomorrow lads?

FUN FACT! The One O'clock Gun Doesn't go off on Sundays, so you's two are safe! [HEADING=3] for now... >:)[/HEADING]

revolutionaification said:
Hell yeah! In fact, you could easily get most of Scotland into the game, it's not too big. There's nothing I'd love more than rampaging about my hometown (Glasgow) punching the heads off Deathclaws left and right. Or not considering the radiation probably wouldn't have effected our critters in the same way.
Anyone else fancy battling a ten foot pine martin? Or wildcat?
Pfft. Death Claws. Irradiated badgers anyone? Mutated Haggis? :p
No thanks; I've been to Edinburgh once and only just managed to convince myself not to commit suicide while there. Surrey for me, thanks. Fancy coming over sometime for some scones? We might even have some haggis in the back!

LordWalter

Sep 19, 2009
I've got this image of a broken, seared Big Ben standing defiantly in the sky surrounded by irradiated rubble..........damn. Blew my post-apocalyptic load everywhere.

SOMEONE SEND THIS TO BETHESDA.

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
I'm still voting for Fallout:Anchorage. Alaska is a perfect setting for a Fallout game. The plot could fit around the technologies left after the battle of Anchorage and the frozen environment would make a nice change of pace from the standard parched desert.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
People are only saying yes because they live there.

there are no vaults in england, it was only an american thing during the war.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Disaster Button said:
Wouldn't being set in England disrupt the Futuristic American 50s style of Fallout?
The whole loads of US 1950 thing was very big in Britain in that era actually so not really.

Jan 23, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
Why not? at least it will be full of the best accent in the world! except russian.
They made two different "fallout: russia" games, one is the STALKER series, and the other more obvious is Metro2033.

I recommend =D

the Dept of Science

Nov 9, 2009
The biggest problem is that we don't really have the same gun culture that america does. Unless they came up with some reason to have a large part of the population armed, it would be very melee based.

Also, 1950s England doesn't have quite as distinctive a feel as 1950s America. Whereas it was a time of relative economic prosperity and hope, England was still largely recovering from the war and didn't have nearly the same cultural progress as America.
On the other hand, this could give a very interesting flavour to the Fallout: GB. I'm sure a talented team could pull out some long forgotten strands out of that period of history and turn them into a cool universe.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Heck, you wouldn't even need the bombs to drop. Most english cities already look grey and brown. It's like the country is filmed in sepia or something.

On that subject, how come no one ever paints the city buildings bright colours in the UK? Look at this shit:

Why do only sunny countries have sunny coloured buildings?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Lord Legion said:
Not enough guns in England. You won't be able to break into some boarded up house and take Granny's minigun she uses for self defense.

In England you'd just be able to steal her freshly baked cookies...or what you guys call biscuits. I could never play a game that calls cookies biscuits.

Other than that...
I'm pretty sure the average American household doesn't have access to plasma lazers and miniguns.

Ekibiogami

Sep 24, 2009
YES, So long as they DON'T try and bring in the Existing Factions, (Tribal's / Raiders Excluded of course...)
OHH Scottish Tribal raiders, With Blue face-paint and 5 Foot Chain-swords!!!

NOW things like the Brother-hood, Enclave power armor, Can exist there easily, But the factions Shouldn't.

Ekibiogami

Sep 24, 2009
maninahat said:
Lord Legion said:
Not enough guns in England. You won't be able to break into some boarded up house and take Granny's minigun she uses for self defense.

In England you'd just be able to steal her freshly baked cookies...or what you guys call biscuits. I could never play a game that calls cookies biscuits.

Other than that...
I'm pretty sure the average American household doesn't have access to plasma lazers and miniguns.
We Could if the government would let them out of Area 51 *Grumbles*

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Mcface said:
People are only saying yes because they live there.

there are no vaults in england, it was only an american thing during the war.
Yup. You have the best point to tell.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I know you said disregard canon. But I believe in Fallout 3 it's hinted that UK wasn't affected by the war.
Something I remember about Mister Tenpenny (or whatever his name is) moving from the UK to make his fortune in the aftermath.

But otherwise I think Fallout Uk would be pretty cool.

Would be pretty cool if instead of reverting back to post-war themes we'd reverted back to medieval times or something a little different to the normal setting.

Slythernite

Jan 25, 2009
Oh man, Fallout: London would be fantastic. Someone's holding up in Parliament, Big Ben, all that cool stuff.