Poll: Fallout New Vegas Factions

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
The House always wins. He has proven he can run a successful city and you get to live in the lap of luxury for the rest of your life. Win-Win.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
You forgot the Legion, the powerful army that destroys all, but by yourself, ruling it all, you get whatever you want, whenever you want, your practically god, but if someone tries [or even succeeds] the cloning technology you stole will make you more of a god. SUPER COMBO ULTRA WIN!!

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Anything but the Legion. It's pretty much free of redeeming traits.

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
CannibalRobots said:
NCR because even with thier flaws, they are the only way to keep true order.
How so? The beefed up Securitrons are keeping more order than the NCR ever could.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Yourself of course. I thought that was pretty slick how you could take over the entire region if you really wanted to. ^^

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
CannibalRobots said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
CannibalRobots said:
How so? The beefed up Securitrons are keeping more order than the NCR ever could.
They keep order through fear, and as being feared is not better than being loved if you are ruling, they are succeptable to revolt, also, a single pulse grenade > a robot.
No one loved the NCR. The only reason people like them was the fact that they kept the Legion at bay. And House doesn't rule through fear; he rules through vices. A drunk man occupied with gambling has no time to think.

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
CannibalRobots said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
CannibalRobots said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
CannibalRobots said:
They keep order through fear, and as being feared is not better than being loved if you are ruling, they are succeptable to revolt, also, a single pulse grenade > a robot.
No one loved the NCR. The only reason people like them was the fact that they kept the Legion at bay. And House doesn't rule through fear; he rules through vices. A drunk man occupied with gambling has no time to think.
listen to the people after you upgrade those robots, they're scared shitless of them.
Follow the rules, spend caps, and mind your own business and you'll be fine. People have thoughts of a organized resistance and I'll go to work again. I out-maneuvered the NCR and the Legion. What chance do those ungrateful scruffs have? Vegas is guaranteed prosperity under House, which is what matters.

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
isn't the point of the game to pick the side for yourself? Don't just let other people tell you what to do, it's your story.

Oh and I'm gonna point out that if you pick yourself
you need 100 speech or be able to take a lot of damage

kuyo

Dec 25, 2008
neither the NCR nor the legion have the resources to control that much territory, so I'd go with either House or myself.
House said he'd have space colonies in something like fifty years or less. I don't know, but he had some insanely fast-paced recovery scheme. Plus he's honorable enough to keep his promises and he makes you his avatar in the Mohave, so it's like ruling, but without any of the tedium of running telemetry. Unless you're into that sort of thing. Choosing him provides a good balance of power (lots) and responsibility (little.)

lowkey_jotunn

Feb 23, 2011
Definitely something you should chose on your own:

Mr House represents "the Man." While he'll certainly keep New Vegas bright and shiny, but he'll always be looking out for #1 first and foremost, and anyone who gets on his nerves (or has the potential to get on his nerves) is as good as dead. No ifs ands or buts, that person or faction will die, and you will kill them.

NCR represents an over reaching imperialist government. They will tell you what's good for you whether you like it or not. They generally they have people's best interest in mind, but at the cost of personal freedom. However they're generally flexible, and even if they decide a certain faction needs to be wiped out, they're always willing to negotiate peace and/or surrender

Caesar's Legion is actually most similar to the NCR, except a bit more extreme. They'll rape, pillage, enslave and maybe even cannibalize anyone who stands in their way, but they do this for the greater good. To eliminate the lawlessness rampant in the world. Whether the end justifies the means us up to you. And their greater good is much MUCH more strict than NCR.

And you (with Yes Man) well that's whatever you want it to be. Any of the above, or a completely different style. Definitely has the most potential.

From a gameplay perspective, I would run through with Caesar and NCR once each, at least. They have a pretty varied set of quests, especially the big finale. While NCR seems to have many more normal quests and questing hubs, the final battle when you're with the Legion is probably my favorite (from a gameplay perspective)