Poll: Fallout Online

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
Sharalon said:
Another topic about Fallout got me thinking about the Fallout Online game that Interplay are developing. At the moment they seem to be stuck in some legal dispute with Bethesda about the rights to the Fallout franchise, so I don't think they can throw to much time and money into it before they know for sure.

Anyway, do you like the idea of a Fallout MMO and would you play it? I know it's hard to say, considering that we don't have much info about the game yet.

http://www.fallout-on-line.com/
I thought Bethesda bought the rights to the Fallout MMO from Interplay, which is why there's actually going to be one.

GamerPhate

Aug 22, 2008
IDK if someone already mentioned this. But if you played Fallout 2, and liked it. Someone modded it to be an MMO, of sorts. You could get a random encounter from other players which was usually the end of you. Just like any game with PvP, they never want a fair fight, it is all about maxing a character to go chew up a noob just trying to nitch out a place in the world, lol. But besides the getting ganked ever other turn, it was pretty interesting. Just do not duel log in with an alt miner, they hate that, and will ban you :9

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Considering I was actually disappointed when I first discovered Fallout 3 had no multiplayer? Even for two people?

Yes.

Fallout would be perfect for an MMO. Original style or FPS style.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Bathesda won the legal dispute.

The Fallout MMO project has been killed.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/09/bethesda-settles-lawsuit-over-fallout-license.aspx

http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/872/872157.html

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Jitters Caffeine said:
Sharalon said:
Another topic about Fallout got me thinking about the Fallout Online game that Interplay are developing. At the moment they seem to be stuck in some legal dispute with Bethesda about the rights to the Fallout franchise, so I don't think they can throw to much time and money into it before they know for sure.

Anyway, do you like the idea of a Fallout MMO and would you play it? I know it's hard to say, considering that we don't have much info about the game yet.

http://www.fallout-on-line.com/
I thought Bethesda bought the rights to the Fallout MMO from Interplay, which is why there's actually going to be one.
This was started may of last year..... So the guy you are quoting didn't know.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I'm sorry, but your poll didn't have a "FUCK YES!" option. Color me disappointed. The only problem is that I wanted Interplay to win that battle, not Bethesda. I don't have a problem with the Fallout games being put out by Bethesda, but they were being outright whiney dicks over the situation and don't deserve to win.

Darknacht

May 13, 2009
Jitters Caffeine said:
They sued the rights out of Interplay, thats kinda like buying but you give money to lawyers instead of Interplay.

Dosbilliam

Feb 18, 2011
Country
US
The Bethesda employment stuff makes mention of an unannounced MMO, which is most likely Fallout Online. Also, while reading the Fallout wiki earlier, it appears my initial multinational thought is supported by the canon, since Vault-Tec was up to its throat in project classification. Maybe they are multinational, who knows?

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
I would not mind trying out Fallout Online or the ES online, it would be nice to have PvP in Skyrim, Morrowwind, Downtown DC or New Vegas or whatever BUT Darquenaut is right the whole lone wolf thing would have to be the extreme result, none of this 100 member guild bullshit that has a more stingent recruiting base then the CIA to get the most badass items.

/sarcasm
That is why I hate MMO's, because everyone is a Super Ninja Warrior ex-SEAL getting laid a 100 times a day while living in there mother basement and has the capability to make one phone call to have you executed while taking a poop on acid.
/sarcasm off

Like we all said, if Bethesda wants to go MMO go for it and I will try it, But please dont do the guild shit. All PvP the posibilties are endless there

Christopher Fisher

Nov 29, 2012
I would have to base this decision upon how good the Elder Scrolls Online is. If they do a great job with it, then I think a new fallout would be cool...it would also be pretty cool if they did a fallout tactics again. XCOM showed that it can be done.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Considering everything that makes Fallout great can't be done in an MMO... yeah I'm going with No.
And I'm pretty sure there were a few billion attempts at this before, shockingly enough people found out things get a little grindy and bloody dull when converted to MMO.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
I love the Fallout series, but I hate MMOs. So no. In most of my playthroughs in these games I played a solo character because it felt like the best way to experience those games. I think having players running around with high-tech gear would just ruin it.

Mar 5, 2011
The Fallout universe is my favorite of any work of fiction, right up there with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and A Song of Ice and Fire. Needless to say I would likely play it for a month and then hop on the forums and complain how it should have been a single player game.