Poll: Fantasy or Scifi?

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Zhukov said:
Favourite fantasy series would have to be Discworld. Silly and whimsical and regularaly hilarious and still manages to feel more mature than 99% of the stuff that says "mature" somewhere on the blurb.
Can I please have an Aaaamen, brothers and sisters?!

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Fantasy usually. I don't like guns, I like swords.

However I do like a lot of scifi stuff like Mass Effect, Dead Space and to some extent the warhammer 40k universe.

I am however a huge fan of worlds with scifi and fantasy elements like Blazblue, adventure time and almost every final fantasy.

Julius Terrell

Feb 27, 2013
I do lean heavily torwards Fantasy, but excellent sci-fi is great to enjoy. I do believe it comes down to which medium it's portrayed in. I think books are better for fantasy, but I believe TV or movies for sci-fi

Level 7 Dragon

Typo Kign
Mar 29, 2011
Since I'm an active participant of the SCP foundation, I really like the mix of Sci-fi and fantady, especially when fantasy elements are framed as occult (Hellboy mythos, Shadowrun, Neon Genesis Evangelion)

I find both are at their best when they work in synergy.

Rahkshi500

May 25, 2014
I like both equally, and mixing them together is like mixing chocolate and peanut butter; it goes so well together and a lot of potential to be had in story-telling.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I've always preferred fantasy. Not sure I can put into words why. Part of it is the weaponry, ship-based combat and laser blaster battles bore me, whereas sword-fighting and magic duels I always find much more exciting. Part of it is also the tendency of sci-fi to get bogged down in the technology, and neglect the story. Not that I don't love me some firefly or SG-1, but in general, and especially in novels, I prefer fantasy.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009

I enjoy both immensely and I really can't put one ahead of the other. I love Pizza and Sushi equally. Neither is superior to the other.