Poll: Favorite alien Mass Effect Species

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
So, the Mass Effect series has quite the collection of alien species, of varying size, appearance, etc.

What is your favorite species and why?

Personally my favorite is Turian, they look and sound cool.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Krogan, because they're genetically hard as a coffin nail. Also, Urdnot Wrex and Grunt.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Definitely the Krogan, followed closely by Turian. Could be that I am massively biased towards Wrex and Garrus. I also just really like both of their designs and cultures.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Most of my favorite scenes in the series involve Krogans in some way, so I'm going to go with them. And bitchslapping/headbutting everything to death while laughing like a maniac in ME3 mp never gets old.

I also like the Geth and Rachni, since they're pretty much the only species that are actually alien (perhaps maybe the Hanar or Elcorr too, but we learn much less about them during the games). Their whole networked intelligence (Geth) and synesthetic hive mind (Rachni) shtick gives them an outlook on the universe that is very different from humans. Because lets face it, most of the Mass Effect aliens are the equivalent of Star Trek aliens: essentially humans with some cultural and biological differences, maybe different color skin, but not really all that different in terms of perception and thinking.

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Krogans for their complete badassery, hearing Grunt shout "I AM KROGAN" is awesome I completely nerdgasmed when I heard this in ME3.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Why are the Hanar and Elcor not on the poll? Anyway, my answer is Hanar. They're just so endearingly polite. And squishy.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Tied between Turian, Geth, and Quarian.

I put Turian because of Garrus. Though I should put Geth because of Legion......

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
SoranMBane said:
Why are the Hanar and Elcor not on the poll? Anyway, my answer is Hanar. They're just so endearingly polite. And squishy.
Because I couldn't fit any more, so just vote other ;P

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
denseWorm said:
Injured reproach.

Why have you excluded the Elcor from your poll, puny human?

Dissapointed goodbye...
Well there wasn't enough room, so.. :p

They come under 'other'

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
This one believes you have forgotten the Hanar. This one is upset at this turn of events :(

Nah, seriously. I don't know. Most of them were extremely well done. I do have a strange sexual attraction to Asari, which freaks me the fuck out (!!!), so I guess BioWare succeeded in making them "hot" to human players. But I gotta go with the Salarians probably. While a great many of them are pricks, the few you come to be close to (Kirrahe, Mordin, Padok Wiks) are really, really great characters and some of my favourites (I had a terrible track record with them though, all three of them died in my playthrough :/). The Krogan were also really cool, especially Grunt. Maybe it's because the voice actor is so badass or because he has that cool looking silver armour.

But yeah, I liked all of them, even the Volus to a degree. But I will stick with my decision of Salarians. Those little bastards sure know how to hold that line.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
oh god, I can't decide!

Turians are awesome metal bird people; krogan are largely a load of wankers but Wrex; quarians are largely a load of wankers but Tali; the geth are the geth! You didn't even put geth on the poll, but you have BATARIANS?!
Nobody likes batarians!

Damn it, man!

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
It's so hard to choose between the Salarians or the Krogan.

On the one hand a race of fast talking nerds, awesome.

On the other, a stubborn but proud race, struggling to maintain their dignity in the face of the genophage. I can't help but have a deep admiration for the Krogan, the Genophage is the best part of the whole Mass Effect story.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
I'm actually quite partial to the Vorcha. Something about there snarls is just so cute I find.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
One thing I've loved about the Mass Effect universe, is that it made me care about the individual characters, along with the races and governments as a whole. Seriously, not even Star Wars could do that for me, and they have Wookies!

But to answer your question, probably the Quarians. Just because they're a very interesting nomadic race, and they're a lot tougher than they let on. Seriously, they're forced to constantly move around the galaxy, go through hardships just to keep their homes up and running, and they can die from a friggin cough! Sure, it's mostly their fault they ended up this way, but that doesn't discount the amount of badassery they have achieved.

Close second are the Turians. They're calculating, militaristic, they sound cool, and asskick runs in their blood.

thanatos388

Apr 24, 2012
Sean Hollyman your avatar wi give me nightmares. Also I choose Geth. The Geth collective thing was very interesting given the other species starling resemblance to humans, in that they are all just one side of us.

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
Quarians are my favourite as I feel they have the most interesting history of all the species.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Razentsu said:
Quarians are my favourite as I feel they have the most interesting history of all the species.
Really?

Accidentally create life.
Start war with creation.
Get arse kicked.
***** about it for hundreds of years.