Poll: Favorite alien Mass Effect Species

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Quarians, but only because they produced Tali, Shalaa, Veetor, Kal, and Zal'Koris, some of the most likable characters, as a species they're kind of dicks, when it comes to conflict with the Geth they're always the aggressors. It feels like those five are desperately trying to unfuck everything about their race, espically Tali and Zal'Koris.

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
Razentsu said:
Quarians are my favourite as I feel they have the most interesting history of all the species.
Really?

Accidentally create life.
Start war with creation.
Get arse kicked.
***** about it for hundreds of years.
Yeah, I do find that interesting. They are a species in the deepest of shit, but they manage to get by. They have many problems, and that is why I can't help but root for them.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Razentsu said:
Loop Stricken said:
Razentsu said:
Quarians are my favourite as I feel they have the most interesting history of all the species.
Really?

Accidentally create life.
Start war with creation.
Get arse kicked.
***** about it for hundreds of years.
Yeah, I do find that interesting. They are a species in the deepest of shit, but they manage to get by. They have many problems, and that is why I can't help but root for them.
Oh, and let's not forget;
*In the middle of a galaxy-wide war for existence
*PERFECT TIME TO ATTACK THE GETH!!

SFMB

May 13, 2009
The Reapers. They had the right idea and a good thing going on, until some humanoid dipshit ruined it all... And besides: what's not to love about a giant cybernetic space tick?

gideonkain

Nov 12, 2010
Elcor, without a doubt (elephant people).

The biggest disappointed in ME3 for me was not the ending but the fact that you get a mission to goto the Elcor homeworld, Dekuuna ~ while the guy is telling you about the cyber turrets they march into battle with...I was like "Hell, ya - let's go!"

Then I discover the only way to get there is to do a google search cause the mission log says absolutely nothing about it being in the Silean Nebula - Phontes system.

Then I get there and it's a Scan mission....really?! Can you kick me in the teeth any harder?

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
I did not expect quarian to lead
I think i am just oddly fascinated by the concept of their environmental suits, and they have a very similar voice accent to me
Though when you think about it, they are practically just humans in suits

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Turian because Garrus, and the fact they are pretty much space Romans and Rome was one of my favorite periods of history.
SFMB said:
The Reapers. They had the right idea and a good thing going on, until some humanoid dipshit ruined it all... And besides: what's not to love about a giant cybernetic space tick?
How? How exactly did they have the right idea? They are trying to stop ai from eliminating all life while they will end up eliminating all intelligent life because worlds are finite a cycle is not. Plus who is to say that ai will rise up this is Mass Effect not battle star galactica. Oh and before you say anything about the geth they waged war in self defense. Some of them even gave them selves up to protect their masters.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Drell and Salarian, their cultures I find interesting as well as what we do learn of their histories as a whole.

Vorcha come runner up because of just how differently viewed they are to everyone else and by everyone else.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
From what I've seen, the only races worth caring about are the synthetics.
With that in mind, the Reapers are my choice, with the Geth as a second choice.
I've always been fascinated by the robotic species because of how advanced they are.
The Geth are a collective mind, and vastly superior to their creators, the Quarians.
The Reapers are the doom-bringers of the Universe, and thus, are my favourite.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Drell and Salarians are my favorites. A race of assassins trained by jellyfish people, and fast talking, badass nerds.

karcentric

Dec 28, 2011
zarix2311 said:
Geth. JOIN THE HIVE MIND, FOR WE ARE LEGION AND WE ARE MANY!

Agreed 231%. Not sure how you'd classify them though. If they all were like Legion than yes, since it's like a mini community in one shell.

Luca72

Dec 6, 2011
Salarian support diminishing. Impersonal demeanor likely unsettling in interactions with emotion-based sentients. Necessitates more thorough study of "charisma". Will consider night classes in public speaking.

xemnahort

May 15, 2010
So despite the poll I'm apparently the only one who likes Asari huh? I don't like them just because they're hot because quite a few actually aren't (which is kind of odd when you realize there isn't much different between most of them) but because they all have biotics (which are awesome) and they apparently look like whatever race is looking at them... Look it up.

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
KRRROOOGGGAAAANNNNN are pretty cool. But I think I like the characterized representatives of their species (hi, Wrex and Garrus!) most of all.