Poll: Favorite alien Mass Effect Species

zarix2311

Dec 15, 2010
karcentric said:
zarix2311 said:
Geth. JOIN THE HIVE MIND, FOR WE ARE LEGION AND WE ARE MANY!

Agreed 231%. Not sure how you'd classify them though. If they all were like Legion than yes, since it's like a mini community in one shell.
I'll admit that I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to Mass Effect cannon, so I could be entirely wrong about the Geth. It's just what I extrapolated from my encounters with them.

Mauler

Jul 11, 2012
I think salarians are the best of all, because they have many accomplished scientists in many fields, but theire lifespans are so short by comparison to krogan or asari... They really kick @$$ and theyre characters in the game are most memorable in all three games, like Mordin Solus (the most bad@$$ mad scientist) or maj.Kirahee... WE WILL HOLD THE LINE, damn that speech drowe me to tears in me1.

Oh and one question to the people. Why arent there any salarian Biotics?

Ix Rebound

Jan 10, 2012
Loop Stricken said:
Razentsu said:
Loop Stricken said:
Razentsu said:
Quarians are my favourite as I feel they have the most interesting history of all the species.
Really?

Accidentally create life.
Start war with creation.
Get arse kicked.
***** about it for hundreds of years.
Yeah, I do find that interesting. They are a species in the deepest of shit, but they manage to get by. They have many problems, and that is why I can't help but root for them.
Oh, and let's not forget;
*In the middle of a galaxy-wide war for existence
*PERFECT TIME TO ATTACK THE GETH!!
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG!?!?

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Elcor!
Didn't understand them the first time around. Wondered why they talked so damn weird. On my second playthrough I finally figured out they were stating their moods... Became a whole lot more fun then.

The krogans are fucking awesome as well.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
I'll go Krogan for the poll's sake, but it's actually a tie between Krogan and Salarians there.

Krogan are so delightfully loud and over the top without being plain or shallow. Wrex. Charr. Grunt. Also: FOAR TUCHANKAAAAARRRR!

Also, nearly all Salarians except for the Dalatrass were incredibly affable; mordin, of course, takes the cake. Also, Mordin's story throughout ME2 and ME3 was the most emotionally engaging of the whole series. Then they got Padok Wiks and Kirrahe, of course.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Let's see...

Turians - Eh, they're okay. Good visual design. I'm not so big on the whole honourable militaristic schtick though. Thank God Garrus wasn't like that.

Krogan - Love 'em. Mostly because of the genophage business. Without that they would have just been 'proud warrior race' guys. But having them be all wretched and hopeless was a good touch. And of course Wrex, Bakara (Eve), Charr and Grunt were all awesome.

Asari - Don't like them. They're just there for neckbeard fanservice. I suppose one could give them a pass as being a "tribute" to the green-skinned alien babes usually found in space operas, but eh. I do like the individual Asari characters though. Liara and Samara were both great.

Drell - Not a fan. Too human looking. Cool voices though.

Quarian - Yeah, they're alright. Cool backstory and all. Some of the Quarian characters were good. I liked Zaal'Koris a lot.

Geth - Boring in the first game. Then Legion came along and made them awesome. Not to keen on what Bioware did with them in the third game.

Salarian - Awesome, through and through. Mordin was fantastic as well.

Batarian - Don't like the visual design. Just an alien head on a completely human body. Stick a helmet on and you wouldn't know the difference.

Elcor - Always good for a chuckle.

Volus - Actually quite liked them. Wish they got some more screen time. Also, why wasn't anybody desperate to see their faces...? Oh. Right. No hips.

Hanar - Meh. They never really did anything interesting with them. Would have liked to see their homeworld.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Zhukov said:
Asari - Don't like them. They're just there for neckbeard fanservice. I suppose one could give them a pass as being a "tribute" to the green-skinned alien babes usually found in space operas, but eh. I do like the individual Asari characters though. Liara and Samara were both great.
Actually, the likeable, interesting Asari characters were far more prevalent than the fanservic-y bar dancer kind. Detective Anaya, for example. Aria, of course. Aethyta almost made me spill my drink in ME3.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
The Krogan are my favorite. I loved being on Tuchunka because the best way to not offend a Krogan is to not try to not offend a Krogan. They don't mince words, even when they're being political machinists, and respect frankness. That, and I loved their reactions to my showing that I had "a real quad."

Plus, it's fascinating to think on what type of creature they evolved from. Given their body structure and their love of fish, I'm guessing they're descended from a carnivorous analogue of toad or shark.

And I still get a kick out of head-butting Ubenk. Even though I'm pretty sure it does damage to Shepard's neck.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
TheCaptain said:
Zhukov said:
Actually, the likeable, interesting Asari characters were far more prevalent than the fanservic-y bar dancer kind. Detective Anaya, for example. Aria, of course. Aethyta almost made me spill my drink in ME3.
Oh, sure.

Like I said, I like the individual characters. Anaya, Aria, Aethyta. All good. (Benezia was pretty silly though. However, I found her a bit more interesting after talking to Liara in ME3 and listening to her and Aethyta.)

It's the concept of their species as a whole that irritates me. I mean, come on. Hot blue bisexual alien women that can have sex with absolutely anything? Neckbeard fanservice.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Zhukov said:
Let's see...

Turians - Eh, they're okay. Good visual design. I'm not so big on the whole honourable militaristic schtick though. Thank God Garrus wasn't like that.

Krogan - Love 'em. Mostly because of the genophage business. Without that they would have just been 'proud warrior race' guys. But having them be all wretched and hopeless was a good touch. And of course Wrex, Bakara (Eve), Charr and Grunt were all awesome.

Drell - Not a fan. Too human looking. Cool voices though.

Quarian - Yeah, they're alright. Cool backstory and all. Some of the Quarian characters were good. I liked Zaal'Koris a lot.

Geth - Boring in the first game. Then Legion came along and made them awesome. Not to keen on what Bioware did with them in the third game.

Salarian - Awesome, through and through. Mordin was fantastic as well.

Batarian - Don't like the visual design. Just an alien head on a completely human body. Stick a helmet on and you wouldn't know the difference.

Elcor - Always good for a chuckle.

Volus - Actually quite liked them. Wish they got some more screen time. Also, why wasn't anybody desperate to see their faces...? Oh. Right. No hips.

Hanar - Meh. They never really did anything interesting with them. Would have liked to see their homeworld.
What about the Vorcha? Are they on some kind of banishment from your notice?

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Zhukov said:
It's the concept of their species as a whole that irritates me. I mean, come on. Hot blue bisexual alien women that can have sex with absolutely anything? Neckbeard fanservice.
Not that I can't very much live with it, but I think the fact that this is frequently addressed in-universe makes it less jarring - like, they acknowledge that Asari are seen like that by other species' all the time, but there IS actually a lot more to them.

But then again, I've never taken issue with tiny metal bikini armors or something like that, so I'm probably either too jaded or the kind of person that fanservice is aimed at. In either case, there are lots of asari that don't bother me in appearance or personality, so I'm actually fine with them as a species.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
WashAran said:
I like them all. It would be easier to say which species i dont like.
But if you like them all, how does that make it easier to pick out which one you dislike?

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
Mine is definitely the Salarians, they're just awesome, as well as an inspiration for my future career. That being journalist and Salarians always know everything, which is kind of what I want to do, kind of like Varys, though I doubt I'd ever be that good, but still Salarians, super awesome, followed extremely closely by the Turians and the Krogans.