Poll: Favorite Borderlands Character and Build

Hat of Controversy

Nov 11, 2009
Eh, I just got Borderlands, and it's installing now (And it better f***ing WORK), so in order to help kill time I just felt like asking what ya'lls favorite character/build for Borderlands is.

I of course have to go with Mordecai, for he uses a bird and Revolvers.

REVOLVERS! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-POW!

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Roland; get a nice Assault Rifle and set up the turret every 30 seconds or so. I'm more or less invincible at that point, not to mention the class mod that gives me infinite ammo...

Sep 13, 2009
I love me a hunter. I filled out most of the Rouge and Gunslinger tree, and with my current revolver I do 700% melee damage on a lethal strike... 45,000+ damage... I love it...

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
Mordecai. So long as you're not fighting one-on-one, Bloodwing murders everything in the room, gives you health, and finds you more money and items. I love that bird. Of course, it is absolutely useless when fighting a single enemy, so PvP is slightly more difficult I've found.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
When I played, I used Mordecai, and had a general build. I hardly used the bird though, mostly just Sniper Rifles.

Kelbear

Aug 31, 2007
Tootmania said:
Eh, I just got Borderlands, and it's installing now (And it better f***ing WORK), so in order to help kill time I just felt like asking what ya'lls favorite character/build for Borderlands is.

I of course have to go with Mordecai, for he uses a bird and Revolvers.

REVOLVERS! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-POW!
On Console, I like Lilith, because she has absolutely ridiculous short-range damage output using Desert Anarchy SMGs, plus an "I win" button in phase walk, where it's available constantly, and pretty much gives invulnerability, mobility, escape, and full health/shields.

On PC, I like Mordecai, because pistols have the highest average damage overall because Mashers are like sniper shotguns that fire a cluster of pellets but in a tight grouping. Add onto that, the high ROF and Reload speed of the sniper pistols and you've got killer damage at all range (unlike Desert Anarchys which pretty much need to get stuffed down the enemy's throat to get reliable crits). But this is only worthwhile if you are headshotting all the time, and I can't headshot as consistently on console compared to the PC. Take a nice masher, with the crit bonus and the damage-bonus-after-kill ability, and I'm shooting for 7k+ damage per shot, at range, shooting fast, reloading fast.

Overall, I'm killing faster and having more fun with Mordecai, but I'm reliant on second-winds for survival, which won't always be available.

Lilith also kills really fast, but pretty much can't be killed.