Poll: Favorite Mass Effect class (please read before vote)

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Being bored and unemployed I desided to do a ME run inbetween looking for work and that has got me wondering on peoples favorite class.

Due to the combat changes in the games I know that you may have different choices based on which one you play so the poll is for overall favorite class and if you have a different one for a specific game then post it.

For me I loved playing Adept in ME and ME 3 but I found it did not work that well in ME 2 so I played an Infiltrator.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
For my first run through of ME2 and ME3 (I have a PS3 so I couldn't get the first) I played a Sentinel. I like a methodical approach to combat and this class suited that perfectly. I tried an Adept for my second run through of them and I thought it worked fine. It took a bit of getting used to, since I couldn't just use Tech Armour and tank damage the whole time, but I liked it. I did miss having Overload as an ability but I always made sure to bring someone with me who did have it so it wasn't an issue. I think I preferred the Adept though, because having loads of different powers meant I could take a different approach in combat.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
You know, I've tried to play as all the classes but I always end up coming back to the Infiltrator. Something about sitting at the back of the battle and popping people off while the others rushed in was very satisfying to me.

Vanguard is a close second though.

jehk

Mar 5, 2012
For ME2 is was the Vanguard. For ME3 it was the Adept.

Adept was still pretty awesome in ME2. If I were to replay the series I'd go with that.

Dead Seerius

Feb 4, 2012
Only played ME1, and for me it has to be the Vanguard.

I really liked using biotics, but I didn't want to go full-on Adept and lose an armor advantage and a certain weapon. A combination of Soldier and Adept was perfect for me.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
I played soldier. That is also why I never played the second or third game. I felt that they took away all my favorite parts of the class. :(

Edit- to clarify, my favorite parts of the class were getting to be the best at shooting stuff and becoming invincible for short periods of time. Trading that for being the zombified version of the ammo mechanic from the first game didn't seem worth it.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Vanguard.

Hiding behind cover is for pansies, charge and shotgun your foes in the face like a real krogan should!

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
It's hard because of the series inconsistency, Adept sucked in 1 because of the overly long cooldowns, it was sort of okay in 2 but involved staying in cover a lot and it absolutely rocked in 3 with the cooldown bonuses.

Sentinel was meh in 1, absolutely fantastic in 2 and then meh in 3.

Not really a soldier fan, engineer was pretty good. I haven't done a vanguard playthrough, but they look fantastic in 2 and 3 and are easily the most fun to watch.

I voted for Adept on the principle of the thing but if I'd played it, it would probably be vanguard and then maybe engineer as the most consistent

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Sentinel was my favorite throughout the whole series. It's actually the only class I really enjoyed playing.

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Engineer for me, mostly based on ME2 and ME3. In ME1 I favoured Infiltrator since you still got all the good tech powers of the Engineer plus the added weapon talents - and I basically played it like an Engineer (since the sniper rifle wasn't particularly useful and there was no cloaking ability or any of the other stuff that made Infiltrators special in the later games).

In general I've always favoured the tech classes - I think that's a hangover from ME1 as well, where the biotics tended to be a bit buggy (getting opponents stuck in walls so you couldn't get at them, etc). That's obviously less of an issue post-ME1 because the bugs got fixed though.

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
I liked Vanguard best in ME2 and my favourite in ME3 was a toss-up between Adept and Engineer, but I voted Sentinel since that was both my favourite in the first one and overall.

I love that the combat simulator part in the Citadel DLC allows me to finally play my dream all-Sentinel squad as well.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
That's a difficult question.

From a roleplaying perspective, I like the Adept the most - being one who accomplishes his goals through the power of his will.

From a gameplay perspective, I prefer the Vanguard for single player - due to its destructive abilities in addition to its "high-risk, high reward" nature, and the Infiltrator for Multiplayer - due to dying frequently as a Vanguard and finding out that I like inflicting headshots and sneaking around to heal others and accomplish goals.

My main Shepard was a Sentinel in ME1 and an Adept in ME2 and ME3.

I guess my choice is Adept.

B5Alpha

Oct 4, 2012
ME - Soldier
ME2 - Sentinel
ME3 - Vanguard

I'd say any of these three do pretty well across the series, just depends of play style. I prefer Sentinel because it's the most versatile.

Akexi

May 15, 2008
I've always appreciated the weapon accessibility of the soldier in the ME 1 and 2, ME 3 letting any class use any weapon was good in the end though.

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
I'm always torn between Adept and Infiltrator, but given that ME3 let my Adept use a heavy sniper rifle that tipped the scale in Adept's favour. Still Cloaking can be a lot of fun and I'm usually bouncing between Infiltrator and Adept in ME3 MP.

Rol3x

Jan 24, 2008
Adept for all 3 games, I cant imagine playing a soldier in a universe where you can throw people off buildings with sheer force of will.

Dec 15, 2009
Every Shepard I took from 1 to 3, which, is three or four, with another currently on the way, has been an Adept. Something about controlling one of the fundemental forces of the very universe appeals to me I suppose.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I personally went to Vanguard after ME1.

Adepts are made far too squishy in ME2 and 3 and the universal cooldown makes their powers more of a pain to use.

Biotics are still fun as hell though, and the Charge power of Vanguards is wildly entertaining.

Then in ME3, they get Nova and become one of the most fun classes I've ever played.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
infiltrator is the best class imo
you get a free "oh shit, lets get out of here" stealth ability, a spammable incinerate spell, and sniper rifles!

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Vanguard is the most fun class to play. Shit is fucking intense. But nothing matches the DPS of the infiltrator. So Vanguard is my favorite but I acknowledge that infiltrator is the "best".