Poll: Favorite Smash Bros character

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
Due to lack of poll options, this will be 64 version only (and clones of the above characters from later games). If you would like to chime in with a character from a later installment instead, feel free to chime in and comment below.

Kaxbe

Jun 4, 2013
In the original, Samus was my favorite to play as.

In Melee, my favorites became Yoshi and Ice Climbers.

My current favorite is Captain Olimar.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
Wolf in Brawl is awesome. He's a springy dashy character who's fast and strong but weird to use.

Kaxbe

Jun 4, 2013
The Lazy Blacksmith said:
My favorites are Mario in 64, Dr. Mario in what little Melee I've played, and R.O.B. in Brawl.
R.O.B. used to be my main in Brawl until I found out how awesome Olimar's grab is.

Dec 14, 2009
Fookin' ninja!

Loved Sheik since melee, although they nerfed her pretty bad in Brawl. She's quick, has great utility (Zelda form) and is just a very elegant character to watch.

I'm worried she may not show up in the Wii U Smash Bros D:

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Well, from the list of originals up there, I'd have to go with Link, with a second of Kirby. I never really got into the original though.

In Melee I shifted a lot between Link, Marth, and Roy, with a bit of Ganondorf, Samus, and Kirby to spice things up. Though I wish Ganondorf had a moveset that used his sword...

In Brawl, my favorite is Snake without a doubt. Sonic is fun, but he's a bit difficult to use and most of his individual attacks are weak to boot. I like that Ike is more differentiated from Marth than Roy was, and he's more fun to use than SSBB Marth in my opinion, but I don't think his heavy attacks make up for his slow movement and attack speeds. Link remains as my second though.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I've really only played Brawl, so I can't really comment on the characters in your list up above. But I do like Meta Knight as the escapes are golly fun, and the quick slashes really hurt the opponent.

.... What? Am I some sort of noob for liking Meta Knight? Oh well, I do also like Marth and ROB as well. Marth because his attacks are quite fast and good for me, and ROB because he can really be a terrorizing force in 4 player mode if you have a decent player behind the controller.

Heck, I could stay here all day, but I think I'll stop for the time being. x-D

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
I'm pretty darn omnipotent.
Can use every character...can recognize which ones are better, but my favorite would have to be Ness and Lucas. Very fun to play (even more-so in Brawl) and landing Smash hits with what I presume to be the Gutsy Bat from Earthbound is immensely satisfying.

Back in the '64 days my mains were the Mario brothers.
Pretty much the default fighters, no real weaknesses nor any particular strengths.
Kind of boring, but no doubt efficient.

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
NightmareExpress said:
I'm pretty darn omnipotent.
Can use every character...can recognize which ones are better, but my favorite would have to be Ness and Lucas. Very fun to play (even more-so in Brawl) and landing Smash hits with what I presume to be the Gutsy Bat from Earthbound is immensely satisfying.

Back in the '64 days my mains were the Mario brothers.
Pretty much the default fighters, no real weaknesses nor any particular strengths.
Kind of boring, but no doubt efficient.
I don't see the Mario bros as too boring, at least in 64.

Their spin attacks allowed for some interesting recovery strategies, especially in a game that had limited options. Their smash attacks were strong and very fast. Also, their well-balanced approach allowed for a diverse amount of solutions for any give situation. Still, I do tend to switch characters very often in 64, so Mario is only my main by a very small statistical margin, followed closely by Captain PUNCH.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Missing a bit of Marth it seems, Motherfuckers >:|

Eh, Link's my favorite after my blue haired bishi >_>

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Look dis lil' nigga

"Oh!" You think. "He's so adorable, there's no way he'd suck me up and cut me to pieces!

WELL YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG
OH SHIT SON HE GOT A SWORD

OH GOD HE'S CUTTING ME UP
OH JESUS
THE PAIN

And when he's done kicking the shit out of you, you know what he's going to do?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
No love for Metaknight, eh? Well, Meta don't NEED yo' love, dawg! He KEEL your ass! MWA HA HAAA!!

Sep 14, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Look dis lil' nigga

"Oh!" You think. "He's so adorable, there's no way he'd suck me up and cut me to pieces!

WELL YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG
OH SHIT SON HE GOT A SWORD

OH GOD HE'S CUTTING ME UP
OH JESUS
THE PAIN

And when he's done kicking the shit out of you, you know what he's going to do?

i laughed out loud at this. nice post.

OT: in 64 i usually played as captain falcon, or sometimes kirby, otherwise don't remember playing that one too much

melee i used roy and dr mario, dr mario's flying big ass fist stomped big ass fuckers right in their tracks.

brawl i use ike 95% of the time, the other 5% i use pit, i just love ike's big ass sword, it is slow as shit but when i connect i fuckin blow people off the map..(most of the time, literally)

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
Daystar Clarion said:
Fookin' ninja!

Loved Sheik since melee, although they nerfed her pretty bad in Brawl. She's quick, has great utility (Zelda form) and is just a very elegant character to watch.

I'm worried she may not show up in the Wii U Smash Bros D:
I doubt that they'll ditch Zelda as a character, unless maybe its to shove yet another link in, and she'd had Shiek form in every game so far.

MajorTomServo

Jan 31, 2011
Lucas in Brawl, Nes in Melee/64. Since he was the last character I unlocked in 64, I assumed that meant he was the best, so I was always him. Now he's my main.

I wish Lucas had Nes's throws instead of rope snake, but hey, you can't have it all...

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Original: Kirby. Melee: Sheik and Mr Game&Watch. Brawl: a mix between Toon Link and Sheik, and MG&W (the former, mostly because i could throw a bomb, toss a boomerang and whatever)

EDIT: Sheik is just pretty acrobatic...Zelda isn't bad neither.

Razentsu

Jun 21, 2011
My favourite character is Marth. The dude's so graceful -- I couldn't not play him. It's the same reason I play Lili in Tekken. It's all about fanciness and flash.

Plus, he really does suit my playstyle. Marth's got long range with his sword, great aerial moves, and deals good damage/knockback with tipped hits.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
I mostly used Link, Fox and Pikachu in the N64 Smash Bros, but I voted for Link/Link/Link on the poll because Young Link was by far my favourite in Melee (although Pichu was fun too). Never played a whole lot of Brawl and my copy of it went AWOL a year or two ago... Magic 8-Ball suggests I would've enjoyed Toon Link though (although I vaguely remember liking King DeDeDe)