Poll: Favorite type of music?

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Classic Rock and Alternative Rock, and sometimes, if I'm feeling sassy, Techno.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I love ska (its like punk with brass) because its upbeat and I use to play the trumpet

Bocca

Jan 17, 2008
Alternative rock for the win! Simple Rock is good too but Alternative rock is cooler.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Why isn't Metal on there, I'm not a metal fan but I would say that at least 50% of The Escapist likes it, so it is VERY odd that Metal isn't a selection.

I am currently grooving to Sigur Ros and "Oh No, It's Love" by The Bicycles.

This is probably one of my favorite songs, if anyone is curious as to my exact tastes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI_XA-cLVww

Dom541

Oct 20, 2008
Drum & Bass FTW

Original Sin, Clipz, Sub Focus, Hazzard... the list gose on

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
Music genres confuse me. I can say I like a genre, and immediately people get the wrong idea. I'll say I like classic rock, but people will think I mean ACDC, when really I meant older than that. But if I just say Rock, they think I mean modern garbage. Also genres span a lot of music. I like Zepplin, but not Floyd, how do I parse that out into sperate genres?

MSORPG pl4y3r

Aug 7, 2008
80s ROCK! And 80 heavy metal, back when you dident have to dress in all black and talk about death to like it.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
I go based on bands more than genre, but if I had to pick genres I would say Nu-Metal, metalcore, Heavy Rock, and I just stumbled across a guy that makes some pretty good speedcore.

Arntor

Feb 5, 2008
My preferred genre is metal, but since it isn't listed, I'll fall back on rap.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Crunchy English said:
Music genres confuse me. I can say I like a genre, and immediately people get the wrong idea. I'll say I like classic rock, but people will think I mean ACDC, when really I meant older than that. But if I just say Rock, they think I mean modern garbage. Also genres span a lot of music. I like Zepplin, but not Floyd, how do I parse that out into sperate genres?
Well, Floyd is considered "Art Rock" more than anything else, while Zepplin is sort of considered pre-metal. So I guess you don't like Art Rock.

Jobz

May 5, 2008
Where's the 'all' option? I listen to everything I can't pick one genre over another. I guess I'll go with other.