Poll: Favorite Type of Music

rayman56

Mar 14, 2012
I love rock. My dad got me started with that classic stuff, and I've began developing my own tastes.

A fine example of the type of music I like:

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Oooohh thats hard. For me its definitely either Country or Metal, but I can't really decide. Yes I know its a really weird combo but I'm from Georgia so it happens.

xshadowscreamx

Dec 21, 2011
a verity of rock n roll.
dad showed me david bowie, AC/DC, the who, the angels, ozzy osbourne, the cure, and even bob dylen and leu reed

but i did venture out and found my chemical romance (my fav band).. showed dad, he really likes the black parade.
i also found the white stripes, my second fav band. dad likes them too
i also love the killers
i recently got into kill hannah and AFI

dad also showed me metal like black sabbath and iron maiden.. there great bands too.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
maybe you should split metal and rock apart. Especially considering they're the only answers that people are giving.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Mostly metal, but with some classic rock n such when I can't get to the metal. Also, Miracle of Sound, cause Gav's a badass who I'm not sure where goes, other than awesome.

SO yeah, Blind Guardian is epic and you should listen to Nightfall in Middle-Earth.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Rock/metal, obviously. Best music there is. :D If you don't pick rock/metal, well, you know what to do...

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Country music for me; Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, George Strait. greatest music to ever grace my earholes.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Heavy metal, by far. I've been listening to some form of heavy music since as long as I can remember (Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Slipknot and easy shit like that way, way back) but over the past handful of years I have really developed a pretty large passion for heavy metal and many of its sub-genres. Among my favourites of said sub-genres would be death metal and epic doom, with pagan/epic black metal close behind. My username is actually a combination of two of my favourite bands: Bathory and Graveland.

I could go on and on about metal, and my love for it, but I'll stop here.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
I would make a joke about Viola players, but I'll be nice and refrain from doing so. :p
No, feel free, I'm more of a violinist and I cheat when reading the alto clef, it's my sister who's the viola player. If it's suitably funny/insulting, I may even pass it on to her! XD

You weren't kidding. That is probably the best version I've heard of the Toccata and Fugue on the violin.

Thanks for that!
Y'welcome! :) Maxim Vengerov's a brilliant violinist, though he can be a little too forceful at times.

Thinking of transcriptions of organ music, have you played the Passacaglia and Fugue in C-minor (Stokowski) for the orchestra? The arrangement is nothing short of genius. I think it's even better than Stokowski's transcription for the Toccata & Fugue in D-minor... -_-

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
Synth, (electronic-y/synthy - not metal) industrial, electronic body music, intelligent dance music, classical.

Genres I can't stand for the most part: rap, metal, jazz, country, and most other types of electronic.

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
BartyMae said:
Synth, (electronic-y/synthy - not metal) industrial, electronic body music, intelligent dance music, classical.

Genres I can't stand for the most part: rap, metal, jazz, country, and most other types of electronic.
You like Industrial music, but not Metal? I always felt that those genres had a lot in common. They're my two favourites.

Speaking of EBM, Suicide Commando is going to Kinetik this year. I'm so excited.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Indie/Alt Rock is the majority of my music library, with some metal and electronic stuff thrown in.

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
Lately, I've been listening to A LOT of underground hip hop and rap. Vinnie Paz, AOTP, Diabolic, Ill Bill...etc.
'Lately', being the last 3 months.
However, the last...my entire life, has had metal as the majority. death, groove, symphonic, thrash, speed, power;..basically anything that isn't 'hardcore', 'technical', 'math-metal' and 'black' metal.

Which is balanced with smooth jazz, trad. blues and classical.

I've also got the odd number by Johnny Cash, original Elvis...Shirley Bassey. etc.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
Queen Michael said:
Rock 'n' roll, man. Rock 'n' roll. Any kind you like, because any kind, I like.

[small]Also polka.[/small]
Fucking. This.

I know, it's only rock and roll but I like it! Still like that ol' time a rock and roll! I love rock and roll, so put another dime in the jukebox, baby! It's been a long time since I rock and roll'd! It's still rock and roll to me!

I generally have a diverse taste in music, but rock and roll takes the cake.

TecnoMonkey

Jul 2, 2012
I mainly listen to electronic (stuff like electro pop, techno, house, IDM, EDM and yes... dubstep), I took a real fond to that genre of music ever since Deus Ex, that game really left an impression on me. I also listen to a lot of Alt Rock.

Tropicaz

Aug 7, 2012
I'd say rock because pretty much all the gigs I go to are indie/rock.

However on my iTunes the top 10 played tracks are Folk/Rock/Folk/Rap/Rock/Rock/Pop/Kpop/Jazz/Rap

So it's somewhat varied.

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
MrBenSampson said:
BartyMae said:

You like Industrial music, but not Metal? I always felt that those genres had a lot in common. They're my two favourites.

Speaking of EBM, Suicide Commando is going to Kinetik this year. I'm so excited.
There's three problems with metal, for me: one, I, ironically, generally loathe the use of electric guitars - can't stand the way they sound - this also generally means I don't care for rock, but not always; two, I almost always dislike the way vocals are sung in metal if there are any; three, I find that there's generally either way too much going on in metal or one thing overpowers the rest, (generally the electric guitar if the latter). Industrial, depending on the artist in question, sometimes also have these same traits, but it depends.

Haven't listened too much to Suicide Commando, though I'm sure I've heard at least a few songs, judging by the ridiculous amount of compilation albums I have.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
EscapeGoat said:
Metal. It was my first love, it'll be my last. I'm into plenty other genres, but none so much as metal.
Oh, wow.

Now, while I have to admit that I did not click on every entry of yours (yet), I wonder if you've already seen/heard/experienced this little gem here:

<youtube=kBo7crSdQqM>

We only stumbled over this the other day, and I still find it to be rather... fresh. Enjoy.