Poll: Favourite Batman Villain.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Well I've got to give props to the Red Hood (Todd, not the Joker), if only because he embodies the dark side of Batman, showing what Bruce himself could become if he decided to go just a little farther. It helps to show just how fine a line Batman walks.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Can't beat a good Joker as far as I'm concerned. Special mention to any time he's appeared in Morrison's epic run.

TheFinish said:
The Riddler, simply because I find he can be as funny as the Joker while at the same time being as dangerous as, say, the Court of Owls.
Court of Owls? Dangerous? Were we reading the same Batman comic?

All I saw were a bunch of old folks in masks who blew their own secret society cover (what did they do in that society? Who knows...) because of reasons (let's overtly murder all the important people in Gotham!)...and then died before any of their logic, motivation or even vague characteristics could be explained.

Definitely not some of Snyder's finest work.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
Mister Freeze...most defeinently not because of the movie, i'm basing this off of his portrayal in the Animated series and more importantly Arkham City

as much as i enjoy the Joker and his insanity, i prefer a villain with a bit of humanity left in them, Freeze is a brilliant scientist trying to save his dying wife, he may have attached so much technology to himself that he doesn't look it, but inside he's still human

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
The Heath Ledger Joker + the Mark Hamill laugh is the most dangerous weapon known to man.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Kind of a tossup between Scarecrow and Mr. Freeze.

I've always been a subscriber to the "Batman's villains as twisted reflections of himself" school of thought and those two seem to embody that concept the best for me.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
From the comics, I've only ever read one, and it was the Knightfall graphic novel, so Bane.

Films wise, Liam Neeson's Ra's Al Ghul definetely. He was so cool.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
I never liked Joker as "mafia" or "comedian", but when he becomes the "avatar of chaos and destruction" - he catches my attention.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/73683/1888940-joker.jpg

Honestly, there's something both disturbing and addictive when he acknowledges himself and the Bats as opposite players participating in some game nobody understands.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1YQ2GvSNb-s/SWJD7e6d8cI/AAAAAAAAAwI/ZWvmquQLrzM/s400/joker+rip.jpg

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
The Joker, of course. Who doesn't love that twisted, monster of a man and his absurd and terrifying sense of humour?

KillKill

Sep 6, 2011
JesterRaiin said:
I never liked Joker as "mafia" or "comedian", but when he becomes the "avatar of chaos and destruction" - he catches my attention.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/73683/1888940-joker.jpg

Honestly, there's something both disturbing and addictive when he acknowledges himself and the Bats as opposite players participating in some game nobody understands.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1YQ2GvSNb-s/SWJD7e6d8cI/AAAAAAAAAwI/ZWvmquQLrzM/s400/joker+rip.jpg
What are those panels from? I think I have to read it.

OT: Other than Joker, Mad Hatter or Humpty Dumpty (does he count as a villain really?)

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I love Scarecrow and think I could pull off Scarecrow more so than any other member of Batman's rouge's gallery (a mix of Arkham Asylum and Batman TAS, final season). I also think the best villain idea in years was giving a Yellow Lantern Ring to Scarecrow.

That being said however, my favorite villain is Mr. Freeze. It's all in his origin really; wife has a rare disease, he works himself ragged trying to cure her, runs out of time and, turns to crime. Also refrigerator suit but its more the tragedy of the man behind the suit that I endears me to him and makes me want to see him succeed.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
How can I NOT pick the Joker?
Especially when being voiced by Mark Hamill, his voice makes the Joker seem even more manic insane.
That being said, many villains are pretty cool, I just prefer the Joker to all of them.

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Max Schreck. Yeah, i know he was in only one movie and none of the comics. But come on... he was a vampire-like corrupt businessman, played by Christopher Walken. How can you not like him?

Cobbs

Aug 16, 2008
I'ma stick with Scarecrow. Unsure as to why I just like the crazy sunuvabitch.
Also just for clarification how in the holiest of hells are you supposed to pronounce Ra's?
Ray-sh (as arkham city states), Rar-sh, Rar-s? GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS PLEASE!

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Erm, all of them? It's such a varied and wonderful group, and they're all amazing in their own right. Cop out answer, I know.

Sep 9, 2010
I would say Deathstroke is my favourite DC villian but he is not specifically a Batman villian. I think one of the reasons that I like Deathstroke more than the Batman villians is because he isn't repeatedly beaten by Batman which causes the other characters to lose their credibility a little.

I love Joker in the film and the games (amazing character design and voice acting) but still going to go with Ra's Al Ghul in the comics.

It's good to have a character who can match Batman physically who isn't a giant freak (Solomon Grundy, Killer Croc, ManBat, Bane - who I love etc.), although I know he isn't the only one.

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
The Heath Ledger portrayal of the Joker.
It made an otherwise very good film into one of my favourite movies of all time.

As a departure from the subject matter, can anyone explain to me why in the new film Bane had his hands on his lapels at every bloody opportunity? Quote me so I know when you answer