Poll: Favourite Ponie! (thats right its a my little pony thread!)

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
ekkaman said:
Loop Stricken said:
ekkaman said:
Mate go to the stroe look at the new ponies then come back and say sorry ok.

Then you say exaclty what i said yet you think i am wrong? Mate come on.

So no effort goes into any shows other than ponies?

As for decent writing go back and look at some of the classics you got the guys who did the Thunder Cats writing it god damn Thunder Cats pal.

New ponys suck and are and always will be for 3-7 year old girls.,
I like how you use the word 'mate' the same way anyone else would use the word 'arsehole', and you wield that grammar like a bludgeon.

I don't think any sane person will actively deny that this cartoon is made to promote toy ponies. What they will say though, is that the show stands up on its own merits.
Interestingly Hasbro doesn't seem to see the financial sense in releasing the series on DVD. [sub]Unless, as some people say, Hasbro really doesn't have all that much say in what happens with the cartoon...[/sub]
It is called a new market buddy.
What precisely are you talking about here?

ekkaman

Feb 19, 2009
bob1052 said:
ekkaman said:

As for decent writing go back and look at some of the classics you got the guys who did the Thunder Cats writing it god damn Thunder Cats pal.

Go read my post again. Where did I say other shows didn't have good writing? I just said that other MLP shows have had shit writing, while this one does not.
Been to the store yet mate?

Still waiting on that one. Or are you the sort when wrong that goes oh well I will just keep arguing anyway?

ekkaman

Feb 19, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
ekkaman said:
Loop Stricken said:
ekkaman said:

I like how you use the word 'mate' the same way anyone else would use the word 'arsehole', and you wield that grammar like a bludgeon.

I don't think any sane person will actively deny that this cartoon is made to promote toy ponies. What they will say though, is that the show stands up on its own merits.
Interestingly Hasbro doesn't seem to see the financial sense in releasing the series on DVD. [sub]Unless, as some people say, Hasbro really doesn't have all that much say in what happens with the cartoon...[/sub]
Internet release NEW MARKET OMG what is wrong with you?

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
stinkychops said:
WolfEdge said:
General_Potatoes said:
Am I the only one who is absolutely hating this fad?
Am I the only one who is absolutely tired of people marginalizing and dismissing the things I enjoy as a "fad" simply because it's something they don't like?

You betcha!
Come off it.

Plenty of people like Futurama. Probably more than this My Little Pony show.

How many threads do you see about Futurama? How many avatars? How many groups?

It's a fad. Its got far less to do with people 'liking' the show then it does with people trying to be quirky, jumping on a bandwagon and subverting expectations.
How many of those threads were started by people who either don't like the show or were curious and wanted to ask questions about it?

Nearly all of them, you say? My oh my. Well in that case...

How many threads were started by proponents of the show?

I count three, if memory serves me right. Three threads, versus the TWENTY or so threads started against it. So, hmm...

HMMMmmm...

It would appear the "fad", if there is one, is to DISLIKE the show, and to tell those that DO like it that their opinions are invalid because, somehow, they're sheep.

Good try, though, telling me I don't actually like the things I like. Like I have nothing better to do than to subvert YOUR fucking expectations.

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
ekkaman said:
bob1052 said:
ekkaman said:

Go read my post again. Where did I say other shows didn't have good writing? I just said that other MLP shows have had shit writing, while this one does not.
Been to the store yet mate?

Still waiting on that one. Or are you the sort when wrong that goes oh well I will just keep arguing anyway?
Considering you failed to read what I posted a few posts back despite quoting it I'll quote it again for you:

The show serves its purpose of being a 23 minute commercial (it would never exist without filling that purpose) to please Habro, but at the same time the people making the show have put effort into the writing and the art that makes the show really great.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
ekkaman said:
Loop Stricken said:
ekkaman said:
Loop Stricken said:
ekkaman said:

Internet release NEW MARKET OMG what is wrong with you?
Oh, you're on about the DVD thing are you?

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
stinkychops said:
Good... good... let the hate consume you.

Geeze, some people really don't have much in the way of reading comprehension.

Can you point out to me where I singled you out for criticism and made personal comments about you.

Have a look in those threads about ponies, and tell me what the majority of posts are. If you reply with anything other than "strange roll playing, people echoing "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T WATCH IT" and brainless image spams" then I disagree thoroughly.

You want to know why people started those threads? Because everywhere you look on this site, even politics and religion, images and discussion of MLP is leaking out. It seems like every 4th poster has a MLP avatar. Naturally people want to discuss something that is being forced in their face. Still, good job completely missing the point of my analogy. The fad is to like the show.

They're not 'my' expectations, I'm well aware of how petty, childish and vacuous people on the internet are. These are societies expectations I'm talking about. Feel free to actually consider what I'm saying whenever you like.

Cheers for swearing at me. You're simply demonstrating my point.
Just because something you don't like has a big following doesn't make it a fad.

Also I fail to see how people having MLP avatars means that "discussion of MLP is leaking out" (it really isn't) or that it is "being forced in their face" (no one reasonable thinks this).

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
stinkychops said:

Can you point out to me where I singled you out for criticism and made personal comments about you.

Have a look in those threads about ponies, and tell me what the majority of posts are. If you reply with anything other than "strange roll playing, people echoing "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T WATCH IT" and brainless image spams" then I disagree thoroughly.

You want to know why people started those threads? Because everywhere you look on this site, even politics and religion, images and discussion of MLP is leaking out. It seems like every 4th poster has a MLP avatar. Naturally people want to discuss something that is being forced in their face. Still, good job completely missing the point of my analogy. The fad is to like the show.

They're not 'my' expectations, I'm well aware of how petty, childish and vacuous people on the internet are. These are societies expectations I'm talking about. Feel free to actually consider what I'm saying whenever you like.

Ha ha, sorry; couldn't resist. I'll admit the whole image-thread-spam was really getting on my nerves. But then I watched the show and now it's enjoyable.

I haven't seen any of this "strange role playing" though.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
stinkychops said:
WolfEdge said:
stinkychops said:
WolfEdge said:
General_Potatoes said:
Am I the only one who is absolutely hating this fad?
Am I the only one who is absolutely tired of people marginalizing and dismissing the things I enjoy as a "fad" simply because it's something they don't like?

You betcha!
Come off it.

Plenty of people like Futurama. Probably more than this My Little Pony show.

How many threads do you see about Futurama? How many avatars? How many groups?

It's a fad. Its got far less to do with people 'liking' the show then it does with people trying to be quirky, jumping on a bandwagon and subverting expectations.
How many of those threads were started by people who either don't like the show or were curious and wanted to ask questions about it?

Nearly all of them, you say? My oh my. Well in that case...

How many threads were started by proponents of the show?

I count three, if memory serves me right. Three threads, versus the TWENTY or so threads started against it. So, hmm...

HMMMmmm...

It would appear the "fad", if there is one, is to DISLIKE the show, and to tell those that DO like it that their opinions are invalid because, somehow, they're sheep.

Good try, though, telling me I don't actually like the things I like. Like I have nothing better to do than to subvert YOUR fucking expectations.

Don't criticize people for posting ponies in threads about ponies. If someone made a "What's Futurama, is it good?" thread, the response would be several times worse than any pony thread that's been created.

You want to know why people started those threads? Because everywhere you look on this site, even politics and religion, images and discussion of MLP is leaking out. It seems like every 4th poster has a MLP avatar. Naturally people want to discuss something that is being forced in their face.
And naturally if they are interested enough to make a thread about it, it's because they have interest in the show.

Still, good job completely missing the point of my analogy. The fad is to like the show.
People like the show, calling it a fad just makes you sound like you're trying to be a prick.

Oh cool, just argue something that no one mentioned before to make yourself sound right. Fantastic.

Why can't you accept that people genuinely like the show?

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
stinkychops said:
Why me and not WolfEdge?
Because Team Fortress 2 is so 2009. I just really wanted to post that picture so I just quoted someone arguing.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
stinkychops said:
I see plenty of completely unrelated discussion getting image responses of Ponies expressions joined with internet humour.
Internet humour? On, of all places, the internet?!

Shocking, sir.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
stinkychops said:
I see plenty of completely unrelated discussion getting image responses of Ponies expressions joined with internet humour.

Shocking, sir.
I once saw some water fowl in the water. Needless to say I was shocked and annoyed.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Bags159 said:
Loop Stricken said:
stinkychops said:

Shocking, sir.
I once saw some water fowl in the water. It was madness.

Ah, water fowl. The most fluid of all avians.
Hm, isn't Avain a brand of bottled water? This warrants further investigation!

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
Bags159 said:
Loop Stricken said:
stinkychops said:

Shocking, sir.
I once saw some water fowl in the water. It was madness.

Ah, water fowl. The most fluid of all avians.
Hm, isn't Avain a brand of bottled water? This warrants further investigation!
I'm going to guess you tried posting this image:
given the context of my post.