Poll: Favourite recent gaming controller?

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
So I got bored and started thinking about the kinda pointless stuff one thinks of when they're bored. In this case it was which of the console controllers people preferred to use, be it it terms of comfort, aesthetics or functionality,(first party only, all you people who use 3rd part ones please don't hate me)

Strangely enough for me its the wii's classic controller pro. The Dualshock feels a bit to small, the 360's doesn't sit quite right in my hands and the wiimote doesn't really have an ergonomic shape to begin with, all while the CCP seems to have been tailor made for my oddly shaped hands.

For the hell of it I'm adding last generation's as well.

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
Some of my favourite games (such as No More Heroes) used the wiimote to great effect so I am going to say that when used well wiimote is my favourite. Go ahead, crucify me.

isometry

Mar 17, 2010
I like pretty much everything about the Xbox 360 controller (I use it for PC, I don't have an Xbox).

Edager6882

Dec 21, 2010
The Xbox 360 controller is by far the better controller. It seems like the Xbox controller was made with an adult hands in mind. Whereas the PS3 controller is made for smaller hands. I'll play with my PS3 for a only few hours and my hands start to hurt from the controller. Also I don't like how my thumbs keep bumping into each other when I'm pushing the analog sticks towards each other. I do wish the Xbox controller was a bit lighter tho.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I've preferred Sony's analog controllers ever since they were introduced for the PS1. Everything is in the right place(I don't get why the Xbox left stick is further up) and the buttons feel better. Examples being the Xbox' shoulder buttons and their clicky-ness.

I use my PS controller with an adapter along with Xpadder for every game I can and the Xbox controller for others. Both do their job, but I wish I could chew off the Xbox d-pad and replace it with the other one.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Xbox 360 controller for me. I'm very satisfied with how ergonomic it is.

believer258 said:
The Xbox 360 controller.

I have a hard time not saying the PS3 controller, but the Xbox controller feels more responsive, it feels like it controls better, and most importantly it feels like it isn't going to break. I don't treat controllers badly, so the first time I held a PS3 controller I got scared I would break it quickly. I don't think they are flimsy, they just feel that way.

Plus the Xbox controller has those dimples in the analog stick, versus the domed PS3 sticks. This makes all the difference in the world after a long gaming session and you realize your thumbs are about to slip off of the analog stick. And the triggers have the same thing in their favor.

The PS3 has a better d-pad and a better layout, but the 360 one is of a better quality build
Quoted for Truth.

The Dualshock is passible, but not as well-constructed and smooth.

Najos

Aug 4, 2008
If I have to pick, the PS3 controller. Wireless out of the box, rechargeable, and I like the smaller design and the analog stick feels like it is in a better place for me. The 360 is good too, but the analog throws me off a lot, especially in fucking Madden when I have to kick. But yeah, keyboard and mouse is what I prefer. My PS3 is a glorified Netflix machine.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
The Gamecube Controller. It was both extremely practical and comfortable to hold.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
I'm pretty good with all of them. I've never held a game controller that didn't feel good to me (I'm calling it an evolutionary practice since I started playing at 3).

If I had to choose one, I'd go with the Dualshock 2 or 3. If nothing else because I use them way more than the others.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
The gamecube controller is my favourite, but I do have to add something the Dualshock 2 and 3 have one very big difference and that's that the R2 and L2 triggers suck in the Dualshock 3 because of the shape you're fingers tend to slip from them which is really annoying, sure the Dualshock 2 only had buttons there but at least they weren't slippery.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Mouse/Keyboard combo that cost more than a Wii. But from that list, Dualshock2/3

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I prefer an Xbox 360 controller myself. The grips that the sticks it had was good enough but the new Silver one I have feature a ring which makes it even better. The triggers and bumpers have a nice feeling to them too.

Shame for the D-Pad though.