Poll: Fear of Needles?

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
They dont bother me, needles in my arms are fine, its when Im at the dentist that I get slightly twitchy.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I don't like them, but if I have to have them then I've got no problem. Vaccinations and so on I'm fine with, I just try not to think about the fact that a long sharp object is poking through my arm. I won't give blood though. I'm a registered organ donor, but I won't give blood or bone marrow, because I'm too nervous about needles going straight into a vein or my bone (apparently donating bone marrow really hurts, though I'm not sure myself).

Terror_666

Jan 7, 2009
Needles are good they carry anesthetic which is great:) (especially when its time to have you wisdom-teeth cut out)

huntedannoyed

Apr 23, 2008
I just don't like them in my mouth. Sorry all you dentists. Dentists have the higest proffesional suicide rate. Little people are statistically more likley to commit suicide than people who are at least as tall as Tom Cruise. Combined the two? Has anybody ever met a little person who is also a dentist?

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
I actually quite enjoy blood tests and injections and stuff. It feels all tingly and the blood looks cool, TB was a ***** though, nurse ballsed it up twice before she got it right. that was a little bit painfull but still awesome

szs0061

Mar 21, 2009
im not afraid of needles per se its seeing them go in my skin and feeling the shot injected into my veins that i have a problem with i personally think its just some latent survival instinct to no want sharp objects inserted into your body

Zobers

May 28, 2009
I have to get a needle every third week, at first it was pretty uncomfortable, but eventually it just becomes a monthly thing I did. They aren't so bad. I just try to look away when the needle is going in.

Snugglebunny

Mar 25, 2009
I love getting shots and getting blood drawn! I think its the coolest thing to watch, and I would love to be a nurse when I grow up, so I think its all super awesome!!

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
No.

To avoid being accused of low content posting I will now resort to verbosity.

The first time I was offered a baby octopus as food, I thought "This looks interesting" and promptly ate it. I used my amazing ability to zone out in order to eat the entire thing without throwing up due to the texture.

I now have an acquired taste for octopus.

Similar thing with needles.
When I was five I was somewhat afraid, mostly due to group hysteria, and now needles don't bother me at all.