Poll: Fellow meat lovers! UNITE!

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
My favorite is definitely venison of all kinds. I voted deer, though what I usually get my hands on (after putting a bullet into it, of course) is elk. I also love bear meat, but that's a much longer hunting trip for me.

As for supermarket crap... it all sucks, so I'll buy whatever's cheap and thinly sliced, which usually means either pork or turkey of some kind.

...and to anyone peddling vegetarian meat substitutes... that stuff is terrible for you, and pretty much why all of my vegetarian friends are both fat and anemic. Wheat isn't the worst thing in the world, and neither is soy (and yes, tofurky and its ilk is made of wheat gluten and processed soy)... but if those two crops make up over half of your diet, you're not going to be healthy.

*edit*
*looks down one post*
...I also love fresh-caught trout, and I live on the bank of a river that is rather full of them.

But I'm not really fond of most fish. Fish oil isn't something I enjoy in large concentrations.

Krixous

Jan 15, 2013
The only one ive ever killed and slaughtered was a deer but i prefer cow nothing like a good steak.

Also people really hate fish on this site.

sir neillios

Dec 15, 2012
Voted pig, because, well, bacon.
Favourite Sunday lunch is a good fillet of pork with apricot stuffing, tastes just define. Leftovers go great in a sandwich the next day.
But bacon, now this wasn't at all to do with being on holiday in Italy less than a month ago, nothing to do with the hotel serving some really thin cut supper delicious strips of the stuff, and lots off it...damn I put on weight that week.

But I had pigeon for the first time this evening, tasty stuff it is. Really dark strong meat, wouldn't mind having it more often.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Cow, with pig close behind. Was hard to choose between them. D:
Deer(venison?) and moose meat is fucking awesome as well, the few times you get a hold of it.

Dec 14, 2009
triggrhappy94 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Ever had Ostrich?

That shit is delicious.

But really, you can't beat a perfectly grilled steak
You didn't just see the newest episode of Archer, did you?
Who?

I've genuinely had ostrich :D

Really nice. Has the same texture as beef.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
kangaroo because its so delicious, I always hate when my friends think Im a monster for eating it though , people make a big deal about eating it yet its readily availiable in grocery stores it must not be controversial if you can find it right next to steak in the meat section.
also by supporting and buying kangaroo meat you are helping the environment due to kangaroos excreting less methane than cows

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I love chicken, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Beef, lamb, pork, fish, it's all good! The one thing that I look for in a meat is it's ability to be delicious without any extras, eg. sauce.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
My top 3.

Chicken (fried)
Beef
Eels.

(Who the heck made fried chicken black people only thing? That shit's delicious!)

DanielBrown said:
Cow, with pig close behind. Was hard to choose between them. D:
Deer(venison?) and moose meat is fucking awesome as well, the few times you get a hold of it.
If Persona 4 golden ever taught me anything, moose also counts as venison.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
The Almighty Grigard said:

Seriously though. Moose meat is really lean and delicious. It's considered a pretty expensive meat over here. It's my primary source of read meat since my father is a hunter. We also grow some of our vegetables. (Not that it's part of this topic)

YES. IT SHOULD STILL BE PINK!

DEATH TO BLASPHEMERS WHO COOK THE MOOSE GOD'S MEAT WELL DONE.
I have to agree. I voted deer since that's my next favourite thing. I remember having a spicy dear Taco when I was over in Norway last. A bit dry, but delicious.

Moose meat on the other hand is fantastic. Got to treat it gently like Swedish ladies. Though I have to say I prefer it brown and well cooked. I can't remember what I had it in, or if the dish even has a name. It was just moose meat in a brown sauce. Looked like a stew. With vegetables and potatoes. Definitely my favourite.

Oct 2, 2012
I'm rather partial to lamb chops and sheep steak myself.

So tender, so juicy and if you add just the right amount of spice to it it's better than videogames.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
7% of all Escapists are confessed cannibals... what's scary is how many are cannibals that lied? Um... i'm backing away now and taking my chickens with me.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
lRookiel said:
I prefer Quorn thank you very much. :3

VEGGIE POWER!
Quorn is fucking awesome.

I won't go veggie in the forseeable future but if they sold that stuff in Germany I'd be all over it. I wish they did. :(
YES! Someone gets it!

Love you even more smash, soon we will raise a vegetarian family together.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Don't make me choooose D:

All of them. Lamb most of all, but also beef most of all. And also pork. And duck, venison, rabbit, chicken, seafood.. you get the idea.

Quothe my lady: "I crave meat..", yeah that'll about do it. But I also crave veggies. Mmm veggies.

Captcha: kindness of strangers
Yes little lambikin, come hither, for I am a kind stranger. This mint sauce? Oh, don't mind that.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
lRookiel said:

VEGGIE POWER!
I've been thinking about "going veggie" But I will miss meat. So, is Quorn REALLY a good substitute?

For now, it's pig, anyway. I had a sandwich today with two different parts of a pig today. Also, some tomato. I eat healthy!!!

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Lobster. Sweet and succulent lobster.

Out of the other options, cow. Steak is a close second to lobster for deliciousness.

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
ninjaRiv said:
lRookiel said:

VEGGIE POWER!
I've been thinking about "going veggie" But I will miss meat. So, is Quorn REALLY a good substitute?

For now, it's pig, anyway. I had a sandwich today with two different parts of a pig today. Also, some tomato. I eat healthy!!!
Quorn is in no way a good substitute, my mum became a vegetarian and for a while all she bought was quorn. It's okay but in no way does it compare to the taste, texture or anything else that makes meat so delicious and appealing.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
dementis said:
ninjaRiv said:
lRookiel said:

VEGGIE POWER!

Quorn is in no way a good substitute, my mum became a vegetarian and for a while all she bought was quorn. It's okay but in no way does it compare to the taste, texture or anything else that makes meat so delicious and appealing.
That's what I was worried about... I'll stick to meat, then.

recurve6

Jan 8, 2011
I maintain the assertion that a medium-rare porterhouse steak with a baked potato and sweet corn is the greatest meal ever.