Poll: Female babysitter charged for having sex with 14-year old boy.

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
I've met some pretty mature 14 year olds... And I'm a very immature 20 year old...
These things should be done on a case by case basis, maybe she should be given some rehab or something... but lots of 14 year olds do have sex, and they were in a relationship, so I don't see that this should be too much of a problem.

stefanbertramlee

Apr 14, 2009
I really don't have a problem with it.

And no I wouldn't have a problem if the genders were reversed.

Edit: Apolgies for shitty resoultion.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
Why did all the hot babysitter sex never happen to me god damn it?! Probably because I wasn't being babsitted at 14, I mean really he's 14, cut the umbilical cord.

Dylan Sowers

Jan 10, 2011
The fact remains is that if genders were switched, this wouldn't be the same case at all. Because girls hit puberty earlier than guys do. Because it's such a shaky time in the kid's life, it's hard to do this on generalities. Keep in mind all we've heard is that she gave him alcohol, it doesn't mean she forced it on him, that could've been his own idea for all we know, in the eyes of the law those are the same things, because she's responsible, but they paint completely different pictures. If there was a pre-existing relationship, that would also paint a different picture, but the law doesn't differentiate. Whether THAT is right or not is a different story entirely. (FYI, I voted execute her for the duck face. Why does that need to exist?)

LostShepherd

Feb 17, 2011
fenrizz said:
Did the boy or his parents report her?
Did the boy want to report her at all?

That makes all the difference in the world to me.
Same could be said for almost every instance of minors being provided alcohol.

Christopher Parker

Jan 13, 2011
If he were two years older, he'd be legal here in the UK, but that makes little difference; she got him drunk. If a 20 year old man got a 14 year old girl drunk then shagged her, he'd go to jail, even if she was quite happy to in her intoxicated state. The crime doesn't become lesser based on the genders of the people involved...

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
...Nice.

Joking aside, it's 4/5 years. Maybe should get fined or something (this isn't ok), but jail is ridiculous. Really, it's not that bad, even if it was the other way around.

But... Damn.

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
Morally, I don't have a problem with what happened. Because it doesn't seem to be abuse. But if the letter of the law says otherwise, which it probably does, then she should do some prison time.

Of course I'm willing to bet the kid is going to resent his mother for a long time for throwing his girlfriend in prison.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
Sarge034 said:
Look at it like this.

What if it was a 20 year old male babysitter who got a 14 year old girl drunk and slept with her?

That's right people would be screaming for blood.

But seriously why is this even up for debate?

Providing alcohol to a minor
Sexual assault
Sexual assault of a minor
Double standards exists as this is one of them.

MintberryCrunch

Aug 20, 2011
ninjastovall0 said:
TheBear17 said:
ninjastovall0 said:
TheBear17 said:
ninjastovall0 said:
TheBear17 said:
ninjastovall0 said:
TheBear17 said:
ninjastovall0 said:
Gotta start sometime.....
I bet that was the additude Hittler took when he started the Holocaust.
Uhhhhh.......slightly different.
HOW SO please explain
Umm you explain how theyre similiar first.
Well both involve people doing somthing that the law say you cant do butthey really wanted to and it felt so right so they kept doing it. Eventully both epople got caught and are being punished for their actions.
Thats pretty broad.
Hitler had people backing him and you know overthrowing the government..global war....genocide of people...
but if you want to vaguely compare it to a boy who got laid early i suppose your can because both hitler and the girl/boy "wanted it" but doesnt everybody want something?
exactly you get it now,thats the reasont the girl should be punished because if we let her get away with it whats to stop the next hittler from thaking they can get away with another holocaust.
....Uh-huh.....I see.
here
take this cookie

Im just gonna go over here

<youtube=ntVq-X8UGdA>

I believe that you just made my freaking night.

OP: I think she should be treated the exact same way that a 20 year old male would be treated for having sex with a drunk 14 years old girl. As in, he would be slaughtered.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
Considering the age of consent (where I'm from) is just about fine where it is (18) she committed a crime and should be punished. Even if it was the kids idea, she made a bad call giving in to him and commiting an illegal act. People who make shitty calls like that are the ones who also make judgement errors at amber light and cause traffic collisions. So let's teach the fine 20 year old bitches that it ain't right to troll for dick at the high school, so college campuses are the next best thing.

EvilEggCracker

Apr 2, 2011
Ugh. Right, guys, I wanna get it out of the way; Niiiiiiiiiiiice.

14 is not too young to have sex. Many -many- of my friends lost their virginity at that age or younger. Admittedly, usually to girls around a similar age but some to women FAR older than this girl Loni or whatever.

However, the law is against it, so it comes down how leniant the judge wants to be.

Frankly, I have no issue with this. I acknowledge it's hypocritical because if it were a 20 year old man and a 14 year old gi- wait, actually, she's only 20. Not exactly -huge- is it? Meh, I see no issue.

And damn. Niiiiiiiiiiice one kid. Jealous much?

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
You know if this was about a 20 yer old MAN having sex with a 14 year old boy (or girl) I'm quite positive "He should be executed!" option would have the most votes.

DOUBLE STANDARDS

jsfrance

Apr 15, 2009
Why did she think she had to get him drunk?

Anyway There really is no place for double standards in the justice system. If it were a twenty year old guy seducing a fourteen year old girl he would have been crucified for it. I'm not saying that should happen to her but she should get jail time for this if its true.