Poll: Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster:

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Released today.
All my observations are based on being a member of the NTSC-U.

The graphics are better.
The music gets a good reworking.
The new 'Expert' grid looks cool.
The new content, such as 'Dark Aeons' and 'FF: Pokemon' seems fun.
The addition of MORE story, before - during and after FF10's main.

And, to top if off.
The PACKING, of all things, is really damn cool!

-Edit-
Looks like the poll doesn't show up, at least not on my end.
?Huh?

Well, it WAS suppose to be like this:
'What Are YOUR Thoughts?'
1) Love It.
2) Meh It.
3) Hate It.
4) Want It.
5) Other It.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Sounds like its based on the international version with a couple of small additions the UK and im assuming Europe got the international versions when it was originally released so the expert grid and the dark aeons not sure what you mean by the FF pokemon bit do you mean the monster arena? if so it had that as well.

Looks like the US and Japan get a cooler cover than Europe again we just get the same one that came with FFX originally it seems well actually its not true its half the original FFX cover and half the original FFX-2 cover.

Dont use the expert grid btw if you are serious about late game power leveling there are less nodes and so its actually counterproductive to use it if you care about becoming as strong as possible and you will need all the help you need if you want to defeat all the dark aeons and Penance without using Yojimbo.

As much as I love FFX I think I will give this a miss I only played it again a few years back and it still holds up well plus more to the point my time and money are limited atm.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
My thoughts will be based off the Vita version of the game, and I'm liking it so far. My opinions are much fresher, I feel, than most would be as this is my first time playing FFX. All I have to say is this:

-I really like it
-Tidus's voice actor is actually one of the better in the game
-yeah, the voice acting otherwise is kind of crappy
-looks great
-like the Blitzball, it's hard, but rewarding in my opinion
-the cover isn't as cool as the PS3 version sadly

All in all, I love it. I even don't hate Tidus, and actually find him to be an understandable and relatable character. When not looked at as the star player, but instead as the outsider, he actually fits the role of a PC pretty well, as we're all outsiders to Spira. The celebrity thing is, I think, is to add to his isolation and confusion as he enters this new world. Sure, he isn't the main character, but he is a well done vicarious role for a player to see the story through.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Maximum Bert said:
Sounds like its based on the international version with a couple of small additions the UK and im assuming Europe got the international versions when it was originally released so the expert grid and the dark aeons not sure what you mean by the FF pokemon bit do you mean the monster arena? if so it had that as well.
Final Fantasy International is the version that Europeans got as their regular Final Fantasy X actually. Final Fantasy International released in Japan back in 2002, and since Europeans regions had not yet received the regular version of Final Fantasy X yet, SquareSoft decided to port the International version to Europe and Australia and just called it regular Final Fantasy X.

It wasn't hard to do either, as all International Final Fantasy games, and Kingdom Hearts Final Mix games, have English voice acting with Japanese subtitles on them. The reason for this is that Japan likes to hear the American voice acting for the games when compared to the Japanese ones. Except Final Fantasy X International was a bit different from other International versions, and it was that you could set the text to also be in English as well. No other International version after X did that, and the Final Mix games never offered that ability either. I cannot say if the English text option was available in the International versions of VII (this was the first ever International version of a FF game), VIII, or IX as I do not own them. However, I do own Final Fantasy International versions of X, XII, and the Final Mix versions for Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, and Birth by Sleep.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
Downloaded the Vita version earlier.

- Looks fantastic
- Music is ok, think I would have preferred the original music
- Using standard grid so I can't speak for the expert grid

You said something about more story BEFORE the game, did I miss something?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
WeepingAngels said:
Downloaded the Vita version earlier.

- Looks fantastic
- Music is ok, think I would have preferred the original music
- Using standard grid so I can't speak for the expert grid

You said something about more story BEFORE the game, did I miss something?
You mean a cutscene or an event before the story begins that was added in? No, there isn't one so you don't have to worry. It's just a port of International so nothing new was added when going off the original international version, only thing changed were the controls, music, and the graphical update.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
If I was going to get this on the PS3 or the Vita which one would people recommend?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Weaver said:
If I was going to get this on the PS3 or the Vita which one would people recommend?
PS3 version has crisper audio quality than the PS Vita version, but in all honesty that's it. I was planning on importing the PS3 version but I saw my friends had already done so for the Vita and PS3. Really the two are interchangable with the only thing I noticed being the change in the audio quality and that it was better on the PS3 version. I think Jim in his reviewed pointed it out too but I don't remember too much.

Another thing though is dependent on how you want the games. On the PS3 version, it is all on one disc similar to how HD 1.5 was. However, on the Vita version only X has a Vita cartridge, with X-2 being digital (you're given the code in the game case for the Vita version).

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Neronium said:
Weaver said:
PS3 version has crisper audio quality than the PS Vita version, but in all honesty that's it. I was planning on importing the PS3 version but I saw my friends had already done so for the Vita and PS3. Really the two are interchangable with the only thing I noticed being the change in the audio quality and that it was better on the PS3 version. I think Jim in his reviewed pointed it out too but I don't remember too much.

Another thing though is dependent on how you want the games. On the PS3 version, it is all on one disc similar to how HD 1.5 was. However, on the Vita version only X has a Vita cartridge, with X-2 being digital (you're given the code in the game case for the Vita version).
Ahhh I see! I'll probably get the PS3 one then just for simplicity. Kind of weird with the digital dcart/digital split on the vita.

Thanks for the info!

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Weaver said:
Ahhh I see! I'll probably get the PS3 one then just for simplicity. Kind of weird with the digital dcart/digital split on the vita.

Thanks for the info!
No problem. Yeah I kinda wish the Vita version had 2 cards instead of the digital code because I prefer having physical copies over digital. Plus those Vita cards are damned expensive. T^T

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Dexterity said:
Is anything fixed in the HD remaster? Also, what's this about the Dark Aeons and Expert Sphere grid being new content? I played the game about 2 months ago and fought Dark Aeons USING the Expert Sphere grid.
The North American region never got the Dark Aeons or the Expert Sphere Grid. I stated it above, but the International version of X International came out before the European and Australian version. So to compensate for the wait Square Soft ported the International version of Final Fantasy X to PAL regions and just called it Final Fantasy X for you. It's new content for NTSC regions, not really for you all.

An example of things that need fixing would be the :
-Blitzball glitch (if you stand behind your goalie, the AI just runs in circles)
-The absolute requirement of 100% completion in X-2 for the real ending
-The terrible controls in the Chocobo riding minigame
-The ridiculous tasks that you need to do for some of the legendary weapons (dodging 100 lightning bolts)
-Underpowered magic late in the game
-Balancing of Aeons. Anima and Magus Sisters are ridiculously strong, but Valefor, Ifrit, Ixion, Shiva and Bahamut remain EXTREMELY weak late in the game.
Well on that list the only things that are broken is the Blitzball glitch. You can easily overpower all the Aeons, but Anima and the Magus Sisters are late game Aeons so they're obviously gonna be more powerful. Leveling them up and getting their skills higher is honestly all on you, because there is the way to do it in game.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
It doesn't come out here (UK) for another 2 days :/ But that's nothing since I have been anticipating it since its announcement over 2 years ago.

I'm real excited for it - it's one of my favourite games of all time so I pre-ordered the limited edition a few months ago :D

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
I saw this at Amazon today (I work there) and all I could think was "I sure hope they do that for FFXII"...

Omechron

Apr 15, 2009
I'm getting it on the ps3 because I don't like mobile gaming that much.

I wish I could just buy FFX and not X2 but other than that, this looks amazing. I really like everything about FFX. Yes, even that.

Tropicaz

Aug 7, 2012
Wow, I had no idea the Dark Aeons and whatnot was not in everyone's copy of the game. It was a great bit of lategame content.

I'm getting this delivered soon. FFX was one of my favourite ever games, don't need much of an excuse to play it through again.

Having to steel myself for grinding out the blitzball seasons for Wakka's sigil though.

bunnielovekins

Mar 1, 2013
Just preordered it... Damn uk being the backwater of the civilised world.

Looking forward to this; my girlfriend is a fan but won't play it on an emulator, so this should hopefully get her back into it. Maybe I'll finally make the effort to beat the dark aeons.

Maximum Bert said:
Dont use the expert grid btw if you are serious about late game power leveling there are less nodes and so its actually counterproductive to use it if you care about becoming as strong as possible and you will need all the help you need if you want to defeat all the dark aeons and Penance without using Yojimbo.
Can anyone verify this? I've never heard this before but if it's true I'm going to be very worried...

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
My local indie store got the limited edition version in yesterday (I'm UK).

It's amazing, I love the new music for the most part the only thing that occasionally bugs me is Tidus' face! It just looks odd, they've emphasised his eyes more, made them more blue and he often looks like he's missing teeth...meh but everything else is fantastic

cliff excellent

Oct 19, 2013
Dexterity said:
-Balancing of Aeons. Anima and Magus Sisters are ridiculously strong, but Valefor, Ifrit, Ixion, Shiva and Bahamut remain EXTREMELY weak late in the game.
To be fair if Anima wasn't so overpowered I have no idea how anyone would even stand a chance against the dark Aeons. I do agree that it would be nice to be able to use the others more late game though.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Dexterity said:
Is anything fixed in the HD remaster? Also, what's this about the Dark Aeons and Expert Sphere grid being new content? I played the game about 2 months ago and fought Dark Aeons USING the Expert Sphere grid.

An example of things that need fixing would be the :
-Blitzball glitch (if you stand behind your goalie, the AI just runs in circles)
-The absolute requirement of 100% completion in X-2 for the real ending
-The terrible controls in the Chocobo riding minigame
-The ridiculous tasks that you need to do for some of the legendary weapons (dodging 100 lightning bolts)
-Underpowered magic late in the game
Other than the BB glitch none of that needs "fixing". It's okay to not like a game or certain aspects of a game you know.

OT: i still have the original copies of both, but i'll pick it up soley for the international version. I have a question? Does the game come on two discs? Because i would definatly sell x-2 on ebay, because i found it to be absolute shit.