Poll: Fire Emblem: Fates- Which versions are you going to buy?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
To those who are hyped/ interested at the upcoming Fire Emblem game, which versions are you going to buy?

Nohr is a militaristic nation styled to resemble European kingdoms. A child was born into the royal family of the neighboring Hoshido kingdom. At sometime after their birth, they were kidnapped by the Nohr royal family for unknown reasons. At around the same time, Azura, a princess of Nohr, was kidnapped by the Hoshido.

In contrast to the peaceful Hoshido, Nohr is subject to terrible weather conditions, leading to poor crop yields and a lack of law and order. In order to expand Nohr's influence, King Garon orders his children to invade Hoshido. The kingdom worships the dragon Anankos.
Or

Hoshido is a peaceful nation which is styled to resemble feudal Japan, both in its people and its culture. Hoshido is the birthplace of the Avatar. However, they were kidnapped as an infant and raised in the neighboring kingdom of Nohr. At the same time, Azura, a princess of Nohr, was kidnapped by Hoshido.

Granted, there is a choice of picking neither sides but at the moment there is no information what you will get out from not picking a side.

Before you asked what are the differences other than the different factions and aestestic, the gameplay is different in the two versions-

Hoshido
The Hoshido path will have a traversable map similar to Awakening, Sacred Stones, and Gaiden. The player can level up characters outside of the storyline chapters by paying a fee to initiate a Skirmish, similar to using a Reeking Box. Like Awakening, map victory conditions will mostly be either rout the enemy or defeat the boss.

Nohr
The Nohr path will be more structured, having no external battles outside of the storyline chapters much like most previous Fire Emblem titles. Experience and funds are much more limited and more victory conditions will be present such as defending a base, breaking through the enemy lines, and turn restrictions for certain maps.

If you're more into the looks of the characters, here are the characters that appears in each versions-

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Hoshido

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Nohr

If that is enough information for you, which versions are you going to buy first?

As for me. I am somewhat torn but I am most likely to buy Nohr first since I prefer the European knights more than feudal Japan samurai. Even then it doesn't set well with me that Hoshido (inspired from Japan) is a "peaceful" nation. Sure it's probably have a hidden agenda (since it is mention they kidnapped that Nohr girl Azura) but still.
Now I said torn since I kind of prefered being able to travel on the map and gain more experiences, golds and items from the skirmish battles outside of the story. Ironic that I used to hate this feature for making the overal game too easy but I have now gotten used to it.
Ok sure the whole casual and phoenix modes is the solution to this problem but still, it's going to get me to think more and be caution with my gold spending and which characters to level up the most.

PS- Here is the source of the info- http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem_if

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
wait is there not going to be a digital version of the games?
either way I'm going with Nohr first because I prefer knights to samurai, but I'll get the other route as DLC and then get the third path as DLC as well

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Fuck's sake, so many of these characters are related! I wanted Hinoka as my waifu. :<

I'll probably go for a female avatar like in Awakening, so I'll buy retail Nohr first then buy the Hoshido campaign after as DLC.

Edit: Oh my. Apparently no matter which side you choose, there is a maid and butler character who join you. The maid if you've got a male character and the butler is for you if female. I have the same name as the butler.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I will probably buy Nohr first since their setup is more interesting to me and that one using Europeans Kingdoms as a backdrop seems fun. The whole chaotic aspect of it sounds more interesting than the Hoshido's peaceful style, but I would assume that it would go tits up sooner or later for their to be some sort of story. Still, I'll play the hell out of that one first before diving into the other one and see how they compare later on.

I think what they're doing with Fire Emblem is interesting, and I'm kinda curious to see how it all plays out.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
Almost certainly going to get both because of the half off deal they mentioned a while ago for the second, but I am not sure what one I want physical.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I'm torn, since the Nohr campaign in terms of story is far more interesting, especially ever since I found out that Nohr is invading out of desperation, instead of being plain evil. However, I prefer having a world map like Sacred Stones and Awakening, which is what the Hoshido version has.

If they release both versions in the US, I'll be tempted to get both. Though I love the idea of being able choose the in-between path via DLC too. I need more info I guess, but I want to play through both stories for sure.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Nohr. The story just sounds so interesting.
If given the choice, I will certainly play them both at one point or another, but Nohr first.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
Hoshido. It feels like Nohr would make a much better expansion for Hoshido than Hoshido would for Nohr. If I'm going to be buying one as DLC then that's the way I want to do it.

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
GZGoten said:
wait is there not going to be a digital version of the games?
either way I'm going with Nohr first because I prefer knights to samurai, but I'll get the other route as DLC and then get the third path as DLC as well
There's a digital version, its not Hoshido or Nohr version like the physical but locks out the other path once you choose one the first time you play through the game, then you get the other side in DLC like you can with either physical version.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
The one with a Bankai

Whichever one my brother doesn't buy. That way we get both sides of the story. Hoping he goes Hoshido so I can get Nohr, but either is good.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Hero of Lime said:
I'm torn, since the Nohr campaign in terms of story is far more interesting, especially ever since I found out that Nohr is invading out of desperation, instead of being plain evil. However, I prefer having a world map like Sacred Stones and Awakening, which is what the Hoshido version has.

If they release both versions in the US, I'll be tempted to get both. Though I love the idea of being able choose the in-between path via DLC too. I need more info I guess, but I want to play through both stories for sure.
I also like the map, I wish Nohr had a map.

I'm honestly torn, I like the setting and story prospects of Nohr better (and they worship a dragon), but I like the character designs of Hoshido and the map...

I will eventually play both, but I'm so unsure about which version I'll start with.

Will the middle path give me a map for both?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Wait.
So the game will still be two parts for the Western release?
I'm doubting that. It still sounds like a terrible idea to me.
But hey, I might actually be fine with it once I hear more official information. Straight from Nintendo US or something. I'm just not going to totally trust a wiki.

Anyway, if I were to choose.
Hoshido, it just seems more natural to me, at least for the beginning of my adventure. I just wonder what will happen to the marriage system, but I'm sure there are many Hoshido comrades that you aren't related to.

The news about the neutral path sounds quite interesting.
It would be pretty sweet if you made your own faction.
Also I saw Aerostream talk about a butler and maid. Since I'm going to play as a male melee class, I'm getting the maid ... Hopefully she won't have gigantic breasts, I'm just not into that. [sub][sub](There is nothing wrong with liking the justice of smaller breasts!)[/sub][/sub]

*Catches breath.*
Anywaaaaaay, I look forward to it, shame that it will come out in 2016 for us, and Japan in a couple of days. At least we'll get more official, western information as the days pass. Well, that and I'll be spending my end of the year in the harshness of the Boston Wasteland, thanks to Fallout 4.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
StormShaun said:
Wait.
So the game will still be two parts for the Western release?
I'm doubting that. It still sounds like a terrible idea to me.
But hey, I might actually be fine with it once I hear more official information. Straight from Nintendo US or something. I'm just not going to totally trust a wiki.

Anyway, if I were to choose.
Hoshido, it just seems more natural to me, at least for the beginning of my adventure. I just wonder what will happen to the marriage system, but I'm sure there are many Hoshido comrades that you aren't related to.

The news about the neutral path sounds quite interesting.
It would be pretty sweet if you made your own faction.
Also I saw Aerostream talk about a butler and maid. Since I'm going to play as a male melee class, I'm getting the maid ... Hopefully she won't have gigantic breasts, I'm just not into that. [sub][sub](There is nothing wrong with liking the justice of smaller breasts!)[/sub][/sub]

*Catches breath.*
Anywaaaaaay, I look forward to it, shame that it will come out in 2016 for us, and Japan in a couple of days. At least we'll get more official, western information as the days pass. Well, that and I'll be spending my end of the year in the harshness of the Boston Wasteland, thanks to Fallout 4.
It IS going to be in two part, just think of it as Pokemon!

As for the maid, you're in luck- http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Felicia

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
StormShaun said:
Don't worry.
No giant boobs here. Less can be said about a certain other character from Nohr...

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Aerosteam said:
Fuck's sake, so many of these characters are related! I wanted Hinoka as my waifu. :<

I'll probably go for a female avatar like in Awakening, so I'll buy retail Nohr first then buy the Hoshido campaign after as DLC.

Edit: Oh my. Apparently no matter which side you choose, there is a maid and butler character who join you. The maid if you've got a male character and the butler is for you if female. I have the same name as the butler.
[*comforts Aerosteam*] You and me both buddy, you and me both.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
If it weren't for the fact that Hinoka was Kamui's sister, I would've played Hoshido just to make her my waifu. Since that isn't an option, guess I'll just run Nohr.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
It IS going to be in two part, just think of it as Pokemon!

As for the maid, you're in luck- http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Felicia
Welp, ignore whatever I said.
I'm fine with this now ... And not because of a *cough* stupid *cough* reason.

It's perfectly legitimate.

Still, interested in what the neutral path is going to be.
Man, after exploring that wiki for a tad ... Geez, so many spoilers I need to watch out for.

EDIT: Saw a video about "My Castle". Yeah, I can understand why they're doing this now.
EDIT2: Yeah, I can see why everyone likes the Butler.

Aerosteam said:
Don't worry.
No giant boobs here. Less can be said about a certain other character from Nohr...
*Nods*

I approve.
Though looking through the Hoshido members, I spotted Hana.
Totally not joining Hoshido for her.

... And if she isn't waifu-able I'll be so an-
*Ahem*
Somewhat disappointed and very calm about it, ahahahaha ... ha.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
Nohr's terrible weather seems to fit me fine.
Bugger those "peaceful" southerners, they can afford to be milk drinking fops
Don't help that the nohr campaign sounds like hard mode, and actually interesting. Grinding has little appeal to me I played hoshigami ruining blue earth and that was enough for a life time.
I don't have a lot of hope for this iteration however, too many copy pasted designed (i.e. <= 1) but with nohr I can at least lay it at the feet of innovation.