Poll: For the men , manicure/pedicure , have you ever gotten one?

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
krazykidd said:
Also , if you have never gotten a manicure or pedicure , is there any perticular reason why not? Would you go if it was free ( like someone gave you a gift card)?
See, I probably would if someone bought me a gift card. I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with a guy getting a manicure or pedicure, but I can just think of plenty of other things that I feel I would be better off spending my money on. So I just use the old nail clippers whenever I feel my nails are getting too long, and that's where any sort of treatment with regards to my nails ends.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
No, but my friends say I should. I can see why; I have really long nails. Not the white-part you can grow, the pink part.

Pharsalus

Jun 16, 2011
No, but i don't really get all the hate; yeah you can cut your own nails, but can you give yourself a foot massage in the process? I've heard the process (heard from a straight army guy) is quiet relaxing.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Chances are, your self trimmed tornails are fucking disgusting (a fact of which you are blissfully unaware) and those sandles you wear to the store gross out everyone who actually notices footwear because of your lint encrusted and jagged yellowed jammy toenails.

When a man attains a professional job and a salary with disposable income, nothing wrong with a pedi.
A manicure to fix gross hand related problems is ok too.

rasputin0009

Feb 12, 2013
No, I have not. I will probably never go out of my way to get one, but if I was offered one for free, sure? My nails are always clean, somehow. And they don't grow very fast. I always make sure they're short if I have the odd chance of hooking up. But ya, I don't see anything wrong with it. If you want super fancy nails, then go for it.

Cat Cloud

Aug 12, 2010
As a woman I've gotten both: someone gave me a gift card. Manicures are okay, they can cut my nails a hell of a lot better than I can, but it's not really my thing. The pedicure was where it was at. I thought it would be awful, but it was nice and relaxing. Still, I haven't and wouldn't do either of these often, maybe once every few years if there's an important event I need to go to. I don't think guys would hate them that much if they tried it, but it is kind of a waste of money.

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
Not as far as I can remember. Seems like a waste of money if you ask me. But if somebody gave me a gift card then sure. I never pass down an offer to get something for free.

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
I'm not against it.

I've never tried it, but I really need to. My nails are bastards and around edges are dry. I don't use moisturizer.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I don't think I'd ever get a manicure... but I have had several pedicures and I'm probably going to go in for another one soon. I love them because I have horribly dry feet and for the unaware a Pedicure is more than just making your toenails look nice, for me it's all about not feeling like I have feet made of sandpaper/razor blades that don't itch all the damn time, also helps prevent ingrown toenails.

Also I'll admit it... I've had my toenails painted... usually a pretty shade of blue... because I like blue...

Don't judge me.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
My wife goes every few weeks. It's one of her few indulgences. For years while we were dating she tried to get me to go with her.

And of course, I scoffed. Loudly.

She finally sold me on it be saying "It's not just cutting toenails. It's like a spa for your feet."

Intrigued, I relented.

Sho''nuff, I got the best damn foot massage I have ever received. The toenail thing was almost just incidental.

I do parkour and my feet take a beating. So every so often, I'll go with my wife.

Definitely good for the "sole".

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
No i have not, and i absolutely never will, too many guys these days are starting to care for themselves as females would and it is pretty painful to see.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
TheTim said:
No i have not, and i absolutely never will, too many guys these days are starting to care for themselves as females would and it is pretty painful to see.
What's wrong with a well-groomed man? I appreciate trimmed eyebrows, smelling decent and nice nails in anyone.

That being said, I haven't ever had a manicure, and I'm a woman. It just seems.... disconcerting, you know?
Going to a strange place and have people who don't know the subtleties of your skin and nails messing with the folicles and cuticles of some of your most sensitive appendages, all the while using tools and paints they've used for countless other people...
I already don't like other people messing with my hands and hair; a manicure sounds wretched.

My mom works in dialysis, and she's seen a lot of people ultimately wind up in the dialysis chair due to freak accidents that gave them horrible infections or diseases. With my luck, I'd get AIDS from a poorly-sanitized and slippery nail clipper or something.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Nope. And I never will. The only thing I've ever had done was when I was at my cousin's school's party. They had this room where people were getting their fingernails painted and they dragged me into the room and wouldn't let me leave until my nails were painted. Which I then proceeded to hide as my hands never left my sleeves.