Poll: FPS: Which console?

Kranay

Jun 9, 2009
The 360 dies all the time. That's the con.

FPS belongs to PC. Always has, always will.

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
It's all to do with how well I can connect online. With a game like the CoD series, I go for the PS3 versions, because of ease of connectivity.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
I'd prefer PC (I play on my PC more than anything) however I'd probably get it for the 360 as the Wii doesn't appeal to me much and the PS3 has these uncomfortable triggers that I don't really like either.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Christemo said:
*giggles smugly*... oh you were serious?
Yes.
Completely.

I stand behind what I said.
ill reason myself by the fact that the Wii´s pointer would be WAYYYYY too slow for an FPS (seen in both The Conduit and MW: Reflex) and that the horrible graphics would obscure the enemy even more.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I'm sorry, I have to say PC. Something just feels smoother simply clicking on what you want to die. I'm not bad-mouthing consoles, but it just feels more fluid and easier shooting whatever you want to shoot on a mouse than it does with a controller.

That said, if I had to pick one, I'd go with the 360. Why? Online's worked out and done well, lots of shooters to choose from and the controls are tight.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Treblaine said:
No idea of how to implement concave tops for the analogue sticks so 360 retains the edge in that area.
you can now get funky silicone pads that go on top of you analogue sticks =). my 360 owning friends agree that with them my controllers are better than theirs.

oh and while it was slow to get started the PS3's online play lags only slightly behind that of the 360, and that's balanced by not having 10yr olds screaming curse words into your ears when you kill them in game.

Zipline Upshaw

Sep 29, 2009
360 hands down. It's controller is well suited for shooter controls and it has the best online community of all 3. PS3 takes second because of the free online play. Wii takes third because, even though I've never played a Wii shooter, I just don't think that the Wii would be good for a shooter.

Also, I would just like to say that everyone saying that 360 isn't as good because of the RRoD don't make any sense to me. I've played games like Gears 2 and Farcry 2 (you know, graphic intensive ones) on my 360 for like, 6 hours straight without my 360 even getting hot and I've never had a RRoD in all the around 4 years I've had it.

And finally, to everyone saying PC, for the love of god just pick a console, it's not that hard. I have nothing against PC's, obviously because I'm using one now, but it's really not that hard to just pick one of the options. I'm sure they left out PC for a reason.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Wii...

No wait, stay with me. Seriously, I can do this...

Yeah yeah, I'm a PC diehard. I have to stop myself from singing the PCs superior controls, and I hate to do the cheap, "Its not on the list, but I'm saying it anyways because I have strong opinions and am on the internet" thing. In fact, I hate to bring up the PC at all in this conversation, since you didn't mention it, likely for a reason. However, I play a good deal of shooters, exclusively on the PC. I am not short on shooters to play, and playing shooters on PC is part of my life. Playing a shooter on either X Box or PS3 would feel to me like a clunky, unresponsive mess that I could be playing on a PC, and have a much better experience. But then, I look over to my poor neglected Wii, and my copy of House of the Dead, which I have actually logged many hours on. The Wiis controls mean that a shooter on the Wii will actually be completely different from a shooter on any other console, PC included. So I would get far more enjoyment out of a Wii game, because it would give me variety, and even a mediocre but different game on the Wii will give me more fun for a short period of time then a great game where all I can think of is how much I would prefer a computers control scheme.

Yes. I'm pretty sure I just made a good argument to choose the Wii over its competitors. I know. I just BLEW YOUR MIND.

Jun 11, 2008
Well I know what you said about PC but it is still far superior to consoles in everyway possible but if it must be a console I'd have to say go with a 360 for FPS games.

KeefJM

Nov 20, 2009
Between those three, based simply off controls (because you cannot have form without function) it have to say the Xbox 360. Its triggers feel better in my hand than the other two.

P.S. If you want control, try using that mouse you have you hand on right now, you'd be amazed.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
vallorn said:
Treblaine said:
No idea of how to implement concave tops for the analogue sticks so 360 retains the edge in that area.
you can now get funky silicone pads that go on top of you analogue sticks =). my 360 owning friends agree that with them my controllers are better than theirs.

oh and while it was slow to get started the PS3's online play lags only slightly behind that of the 360, and that's balanced by not having 10yr olds screaming curse words into your ears when you kill them in game.
The only thing that concerns me about the PS3 controller is how do I know if it is running in pure USB mode? There is always a certain amount of input lag with blue-tooth connection and I'm not sure if it is just charging via USB or sending the data via there too.