Poll: From what continent are you?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I was just wondering how the Escapist community is distributed across the globe. No need to specific, unless you want to.

Me, I live in Asia, Southeast Asia to be specific.

PS: I know that some of the options aren't actually continents, but I wasn't sure what I should call the classifications.

PPS: Sorry if I somehow missed something, or if I l lumped in where you live with some totally different place. Like Central and South America, not really too clear on the difference in culture and whatnot. I mean, I only have 8 poll option.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
This is a lot better done than most of these I've seen, though I don't see why you couldn't have just gone for the continents. Sure, still vague, but what can you do?

Jute88

Sep 17, 2015
surprisingly huge amount of Europeans. I imagined that NA would dominate the list.

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
woohoo! im the only middle eastern here.
i didnt know middle east was a continent

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Jute88 said:
surprisingly huge amount of Europeans. I imagined that NA would dominate the list.
Ditto. I'd be interested to know which specific countries.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Hawki said:
Jute88 said:
UK fiend reporting in.

Asclepion said:
Aloha from Oceania!

We've always been at war with Eastasia.
Or maybe I'm from Oceania. Greetings from Airstrip One.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Jute88 said:
Hawki said:
Jute88 said:
Greetings from Finland!
Finland #2 reporting in.

I was also expecting USA/Canada to be the majority, I guess they'll catch up soon, but so far Europe rules the poll :D

Jute88

Sep 17, 2015
Guffe said:
Jute88 said:
Hawki said:
Jute88 said:
Greetings from Finland!
Finland #2 reporting in.

I was also expecting USA/Canada to be the majority, I guess they'll catch up soon, but so far Europe rules the poll :D
A truly historical moment =D
Hell, they're not even second, Australia is ahead of them! What is this madness? I'm trying to think of last year's Eurovision joke involving Australia, but I'm fresh out of ideas.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Europe, UK to be exact.

The poll result doesn't suprised me to far given to the amount of UK meetup I have seen on here.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Huh, surprising amount of Aussies here. And really, only one other guy from Asia?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Jute88 said:
Guffe said:
Jute88 said:
Hawki said:
Jute88 said:
Greetings from Finland!
Finland #2 reporting in.

A truly historical moment =D
Hell, they're not even second, Australia is ahead of them! What is this madness? I'm trying to think of last year's Eurovision joke involving Australia, but I'm fresh out of ideas.
It's night in Australia right now (8:15 as I type this) so the time zone could factor in a lot, whereas in the US it would be in the 12-6am period by my reckoning. My bet is that within the next 12 hours the NA category will shoot upwards.

Palpatin93

Dec 8, 2015
Germany here. And yeah, my guess for the lack of North-Americans would have been time zones, too, but... the thread was created on the 28th. Maybe it just wasn't on the top for long enough for people to notice.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Europe.

In the UK.
Specifically in England.
Residing in the county of Hampshire.
Near Basingstoke.

If we're wanting to get a bit too precise of where exactly we're from. :p

Mar 30, 2010
Chalk up another UK European over here.

Cumbria, to be precise.

Sassafrass said:
Europe.

In the UK.
Specifically in England.
Residing in the county of Hampshire.
Near Basingstoke.

If we're wanting to get a bit too precise of where exactly we're from. :p
Huh, I used to live just south of Basingstoke. Little village called Medstead. 'Course, I'm going back nearly 30 years here.