Poll: Futurama or Simpsons?

VanillaBean

Feb 3, 2010
The Simpsons will always have its high points, but it will never top the genius of Futurama.

I think alot of it has to do with the Simpsons run time on telivision. Cause it seems like the majority output is kinda bored with the large amount of it we got in the past 15 years.

Quesa

Jul 8, 2009
The Simpsons season 3~8ish. I don't watch either now for different reasons, Futurama's always felt impersonal to me, and obviously the quality of writing with the Simpsons declined dramatically over the years.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I prefer Futurama over the Simpsons, mainly because there seems to be more character development that actually sticks. Leela and Fry being closer (emotionally speaking) post revival for example. Also, as part of the character development angle, Futurama can go into greater depth than the Simpsons.
Sure, there was a Simpsons episode where Maude Flanders died (killed in a t-shirt cannon accident if I'm not mistaken) but it didn't match the emotional depth of 'Jurassic Bark', 'Luck of the Fryish', The Sting' or 'Lethal Inspection'.

Plus I like the sci-fi angle more.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I watch The Simpsons whenever I need a good laugh. While I mainly watch the older episodes, I'm still watching the new episodes even after the show went horribly downhill after Season 19. Some episodes still come fresh, but I just want to stick with the aging show till it finally departs in peace.

I watch Futurama because it's got fresher humor anALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I like both, but I prefer Futurama since Simpsons is based on reality and therefore naturally limited, whereas Futurama is free to introduce new concepts.

mighty_honour_korea

Dec 5, 2010
Futurama has Zapp Brannigan, game over.

Billy West's cadence is perfect. I feel bad watching Futurama because it makes me somewhat glad Phil Hartman was murdered.

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
If I compare the best point of time in the simpsons compared to the best point time in futurama I would have to say the simpsons. But episode to episode futurama is much better.

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
thejboy88 said:
Title says it all really.

Which of Matt Groening's two shows do you prefer, the long-running Simpsons, or the recently revived series of Futurama?
Futrama

thejboy88 said:
Please explain your reasons.
I don't think I really can, it's just better...

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I haven't seen an episode of Futurama that has moved me like Luck of the Fryish or Jurassic Bark, soooo Futurama.

Granted, I haven't seen all the episodes of the Simpsons, but it still stands.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Probably Futuama more. I will watch the Simspons if it's on the TV at the same time I'm watching it, but I will set time aside or search on the internet to watch Futurama.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
EHKOS said:
The Simpsons just because there is more content. And when I watch the old ones and then a new one I really don't see how it got bad at any point.
Me neither, I think the new episodes are awesome, but I don't like season 1 that much since it seems rather rough around the edges.

However I prefer Futurama because I think it's a bit more original. That said I really love both series so this is a hard pick. The reason I chose Futurama might be because I just watched the newest episode of Futurama today.

Puzzlenaut said:
TingaWinga said:
Futurama It doesn't have to copy from family guy
and It is by far the better series to watch
The simpsons maybe has one or two good jokes a season whereas Futurama has Zoidberg!! Point Made
lets be clear here, Family Guy copies off the Simpsons, and generally not the other way around.

but definitely Futurama imo; in Futurama, anything can happen. Plus I don't think I'll ever get bored of Zoidberg <3
Also this. Zoidberg is simply brilliant!

PlowmanMk

Oct 7, 2010
Futurama is better, unless we are talking about old school simpsons. nothing beats old school simpsons