Poll: Futurama or Simpsons?

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
I'll have to join the Simpsons crowd. Never really got sucked into the whole Futurama thing - didn't really suit my sense of humour. Probably because I was raised on the Simpsons too - you young'uns and your modern ways.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I actually laugh more at Simpsons than Futurama. I think I've only laughed out loud when watched Futurama about three times.

Then again, I watch Simpsons with other people more often, and I find company inspires laughter.

I prefer Futurama though simply because it's more creative...even if I only see the same nine episodes again and again half the time.

Silent Rob

Oct 24, 2008
Futurama, because as many have said before me, it has no limitations. It's the future, they can travel through and space, the sky is really the limit.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
Futurama has every advantage over The Simpsons. It's more inspired than The Simpsons, which is what, like, seventeen seasons in (hyperbole, in case you're wondering)? Futurama allows Groening to stretch his legs a bit, break the mold that desperately needs breaking. One of the ways it does that is through setting. I've honestly never seen a better representation of the future than what Futurama offers, because it focuses, not on the meeting of extra terrestrial life, or the colonization of distant planets, or the wide-spread use of space travel; those things are all granted, allowing him to show us what kind of ramifications those things had on everyday life. My favorite thing in it is probably the Holophone, because it's an excellent example of brilliant technology in the microcosm. It's so unbelievably high-tech that presently, some people would probably call it divine in nature (stupid people, mind, but they would and you know it), and yet Fry gets one the same way anyone would get an instrument, treats it the same way you'd treat an oboe; it makes you forget that what he's holding is a marvel to behold.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Neither, I stopped liking Simpsons about....12 years ago and Futurama I never really liked to begin with.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Futurama, while the Simspon were awesome but these day it's unfunny due to being drag on for far too long. Futurama is fairly long but not as much compare to the Simson so it still remain funny to me.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Futurama hands down. You the know the main reason I disliked The Simpsons? It was what they did instead of Life in Hell the animated series(Mostly due MG worries about licensing and FOX saying they want the merchandise rights for LiH (which was how MG made all his money at that point)

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Futurama is just better. End of story. The characters are funnier and the scope for creating stories is endless because, as said before, it is set in the future.
Also...

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
TingaWinga said:
Futurama It doesn't have to copy from family guy
and It is by far the better series to watch
The simpsons maybe has one or two good jokes a season whereas Futurama has Zoidberg!! Point Made
lets be clear here, Family Guy copies off the Simpsons, and generally not the other way around.

but definitely Futurama imo; in Futurama, anything can happen. Plus I don't think I'll ever get bored of Zoidberg <3

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
Futurama.
No limitations whatsoever, it's like a treehouse of horror simpsons episode every episode.
My thoughts exactly. Hell, they even have a "What if" machine so they can do REALLY oddball stories if they feel like it.

Simpsons is still good, but as soon as Futurama came out, I pretty much stopped watching it.

XHolySmokesX

Sep 18, 2010
I have to say i am thoroughly pleased with the outcome of this poll. Futurama beating the simpsons by a 90/10 ratio is brilliant.

As much as the simpsons can be a laugh at times, it is nothing compared to the comic genius of futurama =)

MonstersInMyCloset

Jul 26, 2009
futurama

heres what happened, guys.

around seasons 5, 6, 7, brilliant writers like david x. cohen and ken keeler were show runners and writers and directors. when futurama started up ALL the good writers were recruited to start on that show. all of them in their prime.

and i maintain that the show's brilliance has less to do with matt groening and more to do with david x. cohen, the other executive producer.

i grew up with the simpsons. both shows make you think but futurama stands up because it basically a more talented and tight extension of what the more creative minds at the simpsons could come up with.

Deverfro

Aug 2, 2009
I really like The Simpsons, but the new episodes (post movie) just kinda suck. Now Futurama's new episodes have been funny, even after those pretty good movies.

the_green_dragon

Nov 18, 2009
Futurama rocks. Who doesn't love good old Bender? I mean some of it is crappy but for the most part it's great. And it's an Eye Phone. A Phone in your eye! Come on. I bet u can get one in Duex Ex!!