Poll: Futurama or Simpsons?

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Futurama on something as easy as they are not even close to 199th rerun...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Futurama, it feels more free and able to comment on current political climate without being as obvious somehow. That and I like the sense of humor better.

GeorgW said:
I'm so proud of my fellow Escapists! Futurama is by far the best series, it's in fact one of my favourite series of all time! And anyone that's seen both seems to agree!
MORBO IS PLEASED BUT STICKY

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
im immensely surprised that 98 people would choose the simpsons over futurama

i can tell you this, if the simpsons went off the air, i dont think there would be the fan outcry that there was for futurama

the simpsons is probably older than i am and hasnt changed much over the years. its just gotten stale

viperthejedi

Jan 19, 2010
Simpsons is well past it's best.

Futurama keeps getting better and better each episode.

If anyone has seen the latest episode "The Tip of the Zoidberg" you'll know what I mean. Brilliant episode.

Lerasai

Aug 14, 2010
I love them both, I am a huge Matt Groening fangirl, but if I had to pick one it would be Futurama. I love the Simpsons dearly because it's something I've been watching since I was a child, but I really look forward to every new episode of Futurama and it never fails to make me laugh.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Futurama. I grew up with the Simpsons and it is funny. There are some episodes that are better than most Futurama episodes but there are some Futurama episodes that are better than all Simpsons episodes.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Futurama.

I liked both but I now prefer the latter over the former. Also, Futurama made me cry. More than once. Different episodes.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Eventhough it sucks now, The Simpsons seasons 1 through 4 kills Futurama.

Futurama isn't a bad show, it's just... not funny.

CrazT

Sep 19, 2009
For me, it's Futurama, because it embodies everything that The Simpsons was in its early seasons and what it is today. To me, the most memorable Simpsons episodes are the ones that focus on the development of one or two characters (eg: "Bart Gets an F", "Homer the Smithers"). The show hasn't had that for years, instead focusing more on zany antics. But Futurama manages to have crazy, insane adventures, while still retaining some fantastic (and sometimes emotional) character moments (eg: "Jurassic Bark", "Lethal Inspection", "The Late Philip J. Fry")

Mark Flanagan

Apr 25, 2011
Futurama hands down.
The Simpsons has always been hit and miss in my opinion along with slightly overrated.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Dethenger said:
Snip
The Simpsons, which is what, like, seventeen seasons in (hyperbole, in case you're wondering)? Snip
The funny part is that The Simpsons has been running since December of 1989 ('87 if you count the shorts on The Tracy Ullman Show). So you're actually doing the opposite of hyperbole, because they are twenty-two seasons into the show.

Oh, and OT: Futurama. While I have a rather varied sense of humor (I do indeed enjoy Family Guy), The Simpsons have pretty much slipped off of my radar of shows I actually pay attention to, while Futurama re-entered it when they had the revival.
22 seasons? Holy balls. I thought it was like, ten or eleven seasons in, at most. :/

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
I used to be a huge Simpsons fan but over time the episodes have obviously declined and I find myself looking more forward to watching Futurama nowadays. Plus now England has started broadcasting the new series (that America got months ago)on Fridays, so I've got that to look forward to.

Sep 17, 2009
Endocrom said:
Nautical Honors Society said:
The Simpsons was the best show on television
You answered your own question.

I find myself trying to keep a positive attitude when I watch the Simpsons but Futurama has always been good. (okay maybe these recent 3-4 Comedy Central episodes have been a little off. They are stretching Zoidberg a little thin.)
Futurama has never been good. It's decent. It's episodes have been just as good as the Simpsons post season 10, so I still don't get the results of this poll.

Yes their concept is great and gives them no limits, but it just ends up resulting in lazy writing. Anything can be a plot for Futurama, which at first I thought would be great, but it's just the same old gags spread thin onto anachranistic situations.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Futurama. I'm a geek, I love the little references. My favorite: St. Asimov's day parade. Quick little thing, in the corner of a scene.

Simpsons is decent too...

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I've seen over 90% of the Simpsons episodes currently out, and a bit over half a Futurama episode...

Futurama.

klovervibe

Nov 30, 2011
I know this is a horrifically old topic (and no I didn't read 6 pages) but I must say my piece:
This debate is perfect for a show called "No Right Answer" because there isn't one. The Simpsons has given us so much over the years, and - since the twentieth season - has given us more and more good episodes to bad one, albeit following the same formula. And (Replying to NRA) The Simpsons HAVE had tear jerkers.

The season 10 episode "Make Romm for Lisa" when Lisa sees herself as Homer at one of Lisa's events (a ballet) it is an emotionally heavy moment when someone who couldn't have possibally seen eye-to-eye with this "other" suddenlly sees things literally from their eyes was hardcore to me. And plenty of others like it are out there, though I don't own every season and therefore can't (or, more accurately, don't feel like) look them up. but they ARE out there! I believe the episode when the family first gets Santa's Little Helper was a bit heavy, or when Homer walks away from the corperate (assistance's)life was also emotional in an uplifting sort of way.

Futurama's best writing, meanwhile, range from "Cold Warriors" to "The Why of Fry" to Jurrassic Bark" and almost all of its episodes. Though Futurama hasn't had nearly the same chances The Simpson's had, has it? Futurama was a post-cable, post-internet show bounced around by a shitty network and only(?) had four seasons. Futurama didn't become a cultural force like the Simpsons partly because it didn't have the same oppertunities the Simpsons had.

Anyway, Futurama can be called a better show overall ecause 1.) it hasn't run as long and its general premise isn't negated nearly intirely by time, and it hasn't run as long. the simpsons were great for 11 or so seasons. Futurama has SIX. That has to count for something, right?

P.S. Sorry for the repeat areguments. I;m quite drunk and can't think too clearly.